What Grinds Your Gears...

• Please log in to reply
20304 replies to this topic

#20301 Arts11

Arts11

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted October 29, 2014 - 11:02

iMessage and wonky cell phone reception in general grind my gears. My current apartment complex sits right near the woods so cell reception is pretty inconsistent. That leads to occasional static-y calls and, most annoyingly, texting problems. A bunch of times after moving around in my apartment, I'll suddenly get a flood of texts that were time stamped hours ago but I guess due to the reception only just reached me now. That in term makes me worried that some of my texts don't get sent out bc I've had some instances where I'll call a friend and state they never got my text (I know they could be faking but this is mundane stuff like "did you get the address or did you get that picture?"). And iMessage doesn't really seem to be any different even with a wifi connection. It's still kinda buggy for me.

#20302 monkeypower

monkeypower
  • Ballin' Benny

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted October 29, 2014 - 11:35

iMessage is just sending data so that still should work as long as you have an internet connection.

Untitled_zps9e609113.png

angelsandducks_zpsac3c35fd.jpg

#20303 CDixonDesign

CDixonDesign

• Members
  • 3,605 posts

Posted October 29, 2014 - 12:10

iMessage and wonky cell phone reception in general grind my gears. My current apartment complex sits right near the woods so cell reception is pretty inconsistent. That leads to occasional static-y calls and, most annoyingly, texting problems. A bunch of times after moving around in my apartment, I'll suddenly get a flood of texts that were time stamped hours ago but I guess due to the reception only just reached me now. That in term makes me worried that some of my texts don't get sent out bc I've had some instances where I'll call a friend and state they never got my text (I know they could be faking but this is mundane stuff like "did you get the address or did you get that picture?"). And iMessage doesn't really seem to be any different even with a wifi connection. It's still kinda buggy for me.

Go into your settings to make sure that you have both iMessage and SMS coming through. If you can't get anything through iMessage, it will kick it out until you have a connection. 

#20304 Arts11

Arts11

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted October 29, 2014 - 12:30

I just double checked again and I have both SMS and imessage on. The problem seems to do with my software I guess. Missed or delayed texts seem to happen with specific friends a lot too. Like even after getting new phones me and a friend still seem to get delayed texts at times. Like we even tried texting each other in the same room once and our medtd still got delayed (like 30min late). I dunno. It's just something iv'd gotten used to but it still annoys me

#20305 BigBubba

BigBubba

• Members
  • 4,366 posts

• Favourite Logos:Ball in Glove, Whalers, North Stars, Robo-Pen

Posted Yesterday, 20:51

I, like most people here (hopefully, anyways), was happy to hear the Pope make the statements he did regarding gay clergymen, evolution, and the Big Bang. That being said...

This is nothing new. Pope Francis, while certainly more open than his predecessor, is not some major progressive reformist. He's not rewriting the Church's official positions on anything. Everything he's said is already contained within the Catechism of the Catholic Church. He finally just said it out loud.

Sigggggggggggggggggggggg_zpsc24d13ab.png

PotD: 29/1/12