• Please log in to reply
19350 replies to this topic

#19341 CS85

CS85
  • 3 Minutes of Playtime

• Members
  • 11,634 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 20:18

Now it almost comical with how much instinctual vitriol I have towards that franchise. 

KFG2Ulw.gif

LMdjlU0.gif

----

But seriously, I get that.  I actually don't hate the Sharks.  I'd be much more into them if they had their original color scheme and a logo set that wasn't from a FOX Saturday morning cartoon series.

RfUid8V.png

twitter

#19342 timehasflownby

timehasflownby

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 20:26

The fact teams don't change their ugly color schemes back to the ones that people associate them with (Such as the Brewers, Sharks, Jazz, Rockets, Flames, Mavericks even the Hawks)

The fact that the A's haven't moved out of the ugly sinkhole that is O.Co Coliseum.

The fact that Seattle has gotten their Sonics back, nor received an NHL team.

#19343 neo_prankster

neo_prankster

• Members
  • 1,561 posts

• Favourite Logos:All WLAF logos, Bucs pirate flag, Arizona State pitchfork, Notre Dame leprechaun, Albany Firebirds, Iowa Barnstormers, SD State eagle warrior

Posted April 13, 2014 - 20:56

The fact teams don't change their ugly color schemes back to the ones that people associate them with (Such as the Brewers, Sharks, Jazz, Rockets, Flames, Mavericks even the Hawks)

The fact that the A's haven't moved out of the ugly sinkhole that is O.Co Coliseum.

The fact that Seattle has gotten their Sonics back, nor received an NHL team.

What about the NFL not letting Houston keep the Oilers history like Cleveland got to keep the Browns history? Or keeping the Colts history in Baltimore? Or the Rams history in Los Angeles?

What about Stan Kroenke not coming clean about bringing the Rams back to LA?

What about the Padres changing out of the brown and gold years ago?

What about Kansas City not getting an NBA or NHL team after they built the Sprint Center?
Neo on DeviantArt

#19344 Alex Houston

Alex Houston

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 18:43

Now it almost comical with how much instinctual vitriol I have towards that franchise. 

----

But seriously, I get that.  I actually don't hate the Sharks.  I'd be much more into them if they had their original color scheme and a logo set that wasn't from a FOX Saturday morning cartoon series.

I was actually expecting Admiral to come out with one of his usual tirades against the team, but good on you for getting the zing in there. As for the hate, I find it weird San Jose seems to attract more hatred more on the jersey aesthetics, not postseason performance.

And on a non-sports related gear grinder, I find it very frustrating and annoying how anxiety randomly pops up and prevents me from getting some rest. I passed out for an hour, then randomly woke-up experiencing some restless and took about an hour or so of help from the girlfriend before I was able to drift off again. It's just so hard having a setback when you feel momentum is pushing you in the other direction. 

The list of sports schadenfreude: MLB: Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, Cubs - NBA: Heat, Lakers, Knicks - NFL: Steelers, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants - NHL: Blackhawks, Penguins, Kings, Ducks

"Last night's 'Itchy and Scratchy' was, without a doubt, the worst episode ever. Rest assured I was on the Internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world."

#19345 TorinK92

TorinK92
  • 2nd best of the 7 worst

• Members
  • 1,544 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 20:04

yy.png

Gotta love spring weather getting your hopes up and then smashing them right back down again  <_<

Also, yes, that is snow the day after it reached 25 degrees (77 Fahrenheit.) Ottawa, God bless.

sig.png

Senators - Toffees - Roughriders -  Bears - Blue Jays 

Kaapstad Verenigde - WFL 12-2-12 (5th)

#19346 Soarindude

Soarindude

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 21:08

yy.png
Gotta love spring weather getting your hopes up and then smashing them right back down again  <_<

Also, yes, that is snow the day after it reached 25 degrees (77 Fahrenheit.) Ottawa, God bless.

10gllli.jpg

Florida and Ottawa are much too similar. :lol:

#19347 The Six

The Six

• Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 21:31

The phrase "good on you." 

"Good on __" just doesn't sound right.

#19348 Mockba

Mockba
  • Dark Clouds gather.

• The Man Behind the Curtain
  • 12,387 posts

Posted Yesterday, 13:57

Ordering jerseys. Every time I do it, no matter the sport, no matter the process used, it just goes to crap. The suppliers act like their world is some s00per-s33krit world that the mere mortal can't possibly understand, and obfuscate every step of the process.

In the current episode, I ordered fully-sublimated jerseys for my softball team. After combing through the supplier's website, I put together a mockup similar to theirs and sent it as an Illustrator file; here's what it looks like:

Grizzlies-jersey-CAGear.png

After a slow start to the project, I finally got a mockup from the designer today:

Grizziles-CAGear-mockup.jpg

....yeaaaaaaah, no. I pointed out the severe color differences, and I keep getting pushback from the designer; he mentioned monitor differences, something vague about their RGB colors, etc.

My feelings right now:

Wharrgarbl.jpg
SupportYourLocalClub.com | 105 years... and counting | KevinJoseph.net | Behance portfolio
POTD 2013-08-22

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

#19349 nuordr

nuordr
  • Wildcat

• Members
  • 3,281 posts

• Favourite Logos:Kentucky Wildcats, Patriots, Texans, Buccaneers

Posted Yesterday, 14:14

There is a major difference in your design (which is awesome btw) and theirs. I would be pissed off as well if I were you. 

2l9mudh.jpg

UKUnitracker.jpg VTTracker.jpg OSUUni-Tracker_zps1459e426.jpg

#19350 Mockba

Mockba
  • Dark Clouds gather.

• The Man Behind the Curtain
  • 12,387 posts

Posted Yesterday, 14:45

To be fair, I did eventually get him to send a list of the available colors, and I think we came to an agreement on a better solution:

Grizziles-CAGear-mockup2.jpg

We'll see what they turn out as on fabric, mind, but I feel a bit better for the moment.

(And, also: thank you for the compliment.)
SupportYourLocalClub.com | 105 years... and counting | KevinJoseph.net | Behance portfolio
POTD 2013-08-22

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

#19351 Soarindude

Soarindude

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted Yesterday, 14:56

That's a huge improvement over the original mockup they gave you. Please post a picture of one of the real jerseys when you get them!