Announcement Regarding Dupe Accounts

Regarding Duplicate Accounts:

Recently, there have be instances of forum members creating more than one account to post with here on the CCSLC. This practice is completely unacceptable.

After lengthy discussions, the moderating team has determined that anyone found to be posting under, or having made more than one account will be subject to an immediate ban with no exceptions.

Thank You
"The CCSLC Moderation Team"

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Recently, there have be instances of forum members creating more than one account to post with here on the CCSLC. This practice is completely unacceptable.

After lengthy discussions, the moderating team has determined that anyone found to be posting under, or having made more than one account will be subject to an immeadiate 2 week suspension with no exceptions. If there is an instance of multiple violations by a single member, penalties will escalate.

Currently, any member who has more than one active member profile out there may notify the mods about their second account and avoid punishment.

Thank You

I just created a dupe account because I could not access member profiles, use the search function (which really makes it hard to troubleshoot, btw), etc. I keep getting "you don't have permission to..." errors. Attempts to send emails to the "contact admin" address have not resulted in a response or correction to the problem. I hoped that somehow a second account might fix the problem. Unfortunately, it did not, as I still get the same errors with the new account.

I would be more than glad to have one account deleted, provided the other account could actually enjoy member privileges. Hope this will lead to getting my problems resolved.

Thanks for considering my situation & for your work on CCSLC.

As stated in the FAQs, you must have a few posts before you can start new topics in order to thwart the bots. I would assume that other member privileges would be unlocked as well.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 6 months later...

After lengthy discussions, the moderating team has determined that anyone found to be posting under, or having made more than one account will be subject to an immeadiate 2 week suspension with no exceptions. If there is an instance of multiple violations by a single member, penalties will escalate.

Currently, any member who has more than one active member profile out there may notify the mods about their second account and avoid punishment.

Thank You

I just created a dupe account because I could not access member profiles, use the search function (which really makes it hard to troubleshoot, btw), etc. I keep getting "you don't have permission to..." errors. Attempts to send emails to the "contact admin" address have not resulted in a response or correction to the problem. I hoped that somehow a second account might fix the problem. Unfortunately, it did not, as I still get the same errors with the new account.

I would be more than glad to have one account deleted, provided the other account could actually enjoy member privileges. Hope this will lead to getting my problems resolved.

I have the same problem

Thank You

I have the same problem

Those don't sound like errors, I think new members do not have these privileges until they have a few posts and contribute to the community.

Thank You

I have the same problem

Those don't sound like errors, I think new members do not have these privileges until they have a few posts and contribute to the community.

AstroBull hit it head on. When I first joined in April, I remember being POed because I couldn't do anything; I couldn't even view my own profile. So, I forgot about the boards. But then I checked back in in June and could do anything surfing the boards wise that anyone else can do.

I think you have to either make 3-5 posts, or be a member for about a month before you can surf freely. Whatever comes first.

25yzwqg.png

• 4 months later...

Wow many are all Tyler Bray fans apparently celebrating their 16th birthday today. What a coincidence.

BRAY 4 HEISMAN-GO VOLS (16), Bray4Heisman, TylerBray (16), TylerBray8 (16)

That's almost as idiotic as Yrogergj24.

Looks like all the Tyler Brays are gonna be :banned: .

Wow, he was a pretty great guy too. WTF was he thinking? Anyway, does anyone know what happened to that "spleephater" guy? He said he was a long time member. Does anyone know who he was?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

In fairness, the first three all have zero posts. My guess is he kept forgetting his username and password and had to make a new account.

That might explain why he had such a long time in between posts at one point.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Thank You

I have the same problem

I have also had the same problem, but only when im at home, when im at school it works fine

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Archived