Good Ol' McCarver!

Brass

Was bored and thought I would post some valuable Tim McCarver comments!

During the ALCS, after a ball was hit off the Green Monster (by Millar I believe), McCarver said "if that ball had more elevation, it would have been a home run"

"One thing about ground balls. They don't go out of the ball park."

Game 6, 2004 ALCS. During a pretty good at bat by Orlando Cabrera: "Yankee pitchers have had great success this year against Cabrera when they get him out."

"National league pitchers pitch Edmonds up and in. That is his strength and his weakness."

"I think Tim Wakefield would even say tonight that Tim Wakefield got to Tim Wakefield tonight."

"It's better to have a fast runner on base than a slow one."

"Bronson Arroyo and Pedro Martinez will start Game 2."

Joe buck, something to the effect of: and after game 7 last year, we know Pedro won?t be pitching much past 100 pitches.? McCarver: ?well, when Pedro becomes tired, the Red Sox coaches have 2 options, leave Pedro in, or take him out and go to the bullpen.?

1993 World Series, Phillies vs. Blue Jays: "Watch Darren Daulton use his mitt like a glove."

Post yours!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

ย 

ย 

I know know of any exact quotes from the guy, gut he is the master of the obvious. One he uses about every other game is that makes me wanna slap the man is:

"The [insert team name here] are looking to score first in tonight's game." <_<

6uXNWAo.png

"Oh, you're a real man Deion..."

that's is from the imfamous ice water shower he recieved in the clubhouse during the celebration after the '92 NLCS for he criticizing Deion Sanders for attempting to play both football and baseball on the same day a day or two earlier.

that's is from the imfamous ice water shower he recieved in the clubhouse during the celebration after the '92 NLCS for he criticizing Deion Sanders for attempting to play both football and baseball on the same day a day or two earlier.

Deion got McCarver like two or three times with the water or champagne, if I remember correctly.....

Was bored and thought I would post some valuable Tim McCarver comments!

When you find any, please post them. Their existence has been but a rumor the past 10 or so seasons.

Back-to-Backย Fatal Fortyย Champion 2015 & 2016

The continued employment of Tim McCarver hurts my soul.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I hate him with the burning intensity of 1000 suns.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Oh I had a field day during the Sox-Yankees 04 ACLS...

For God sakes you overrated, past-your-prime, nonesense-spewing demon, it's BRONSON Arroyo, not BRANDON. I know three year olds who could call a better game than you. :cursing:

Deion got McCarver like two or three times with the water or champagne, if I remember correctly.....

A shame it wasn't battery acid instead. ^_^

McCarver's just terrible....at least most of ya only deal with him on national broadcasts...I remember when he was doing Mets games...UGH! There were MANY times I was rooting for Kiner or Steve Zabriskie to beat him to death with a microphone.

Still, what do ya expect from a guy who's "career" was made by being Steve Carlton's caddy for so many years?

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

"You know, it should really be called the run and hit, not the hit and run, since the runner takes off before the batter swings." Or something like that 800 times a year. Even my mom hates Tim McCarver.

Still, what do ya expect from a guy who's "career" was made by being Steve Carlton's caddy for so many years?

He was Bob Gibson's caddy for years before that... Just ask, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to tell you about it.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

"National league pitchers pitch Edmonds up and in. That is his strength and his weakness."

That one actually makes sense. Its a stength cause he can hit that pitch well. but its a weakness cause he'll chase after it alot and miss.

Well, it makes more sense than the rest of them.

Archived