Join me in my protest

jkrdevil

this is for all the US citizens on the board.

Today, I got my first new 20 dollar, these are terrible. There 2 different colors, and they look really fake, fake like monopoly money. If they want to crack down on conterfeiting, this doesn't help. It has a huge gold 20 on the side with Jackson on it, and little gold 20's aroung the white house. these are awful.

I'm like the average person, I don't like my money to change. I want my money to be GREEN. I don't giant lettering nor a giant eagle. in the background. Why do all the bills have to be different colors, I'm not stupid I can read the number 20 on it. I wish that no one accepts these and we go back to what we had.

Also, didn't the just change these a few years a go? Anyone have thier thoughts about the new bills?

You ain't gonna like Canada much then.

The thing I like about Canadian money is that even if you have poor eyesight, you can tell how much money you have.  You pull out two pink bills, three purple bills, one green bill, three blue blues and even three brown bills.  If you can't make out the numbers, you can still tell that it's $465.

Pull out 12 green American bills and you have to actually look at the bills to tell what amount they are.

Habsfannova, you from Nova Scotia too?  Cool.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Jeez, why do Americans hate coloured money? It makes things so much easier to tell what amount a bill is by colour, instead of having to take it out and look.

Change happens bro. All ya need now is metric. :)

I guess it's because that's what we're used to.

As for the metric system, it will never be in the US. I think they tried that in the 70's and everyone protested. I hope they don't change to metric, then i'll have to use the small numbers on my speedometer, well that's if I would use it. :D:D

And these are worse than just colored money these have 2 colors on it.

I don't like the new money either. It looks childish with little 20's plastered on the back. Of course, I also just don't care that much. Money's money.

As for the color like Canada, these aren't all one color. They have many different colors in them, and it doesn't differentiate itself from other money....well right now it does, but when other bills go this way, one rainbow looks like the next...

Yeah, those are butt-ugly!   Adding new security features was a great idea... adding colour is a good idea (POORLY EXECUTED tho), but oh boy, this looks like it was all just thrown together.

Take a look... i think a great job was done with our recently launched notes....

Canadian Currency Security

That's the $5, the $10 is purple, the $20 is green, the $50 pink, and the $100 is brown.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Does anyone out there actually carry 100 bills? I've had one, and didn't know what to do with it because there are so many places that won't take anything over a 20, and even now they have scanners in stores to check ever 20 they are handed.

Gimme my debt card any day

jkrdevil

Cool site - thanks for sharing it.  I got two twentys yesterday when I went to the bank.  So pastel, so Easter.

I like it, and I don't.  I'm not a big fan of change:  if it aint broke don't fix it.  But on the other hand, with computers & scanners, and "worthless scums of the earth" who don't go out and get a real job like the rest of us,  I see why the government has to stay ahead.

Counterfiters should be shot on the spot - no questions! :angry:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I remember seeing tons of signs in Toronto at places saying they wouldn't take CDN$100 bills, due to counterfeiting.

I also now have a CDN$5 bill hanging up in my cube, to add to the hockey ambience.  :)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

i've heard that  argument about being able to tell what the dollar amount it from the color and i gotta say, i've never been in a situation where i've said to myself "ya know i really wish i could tell my money apart easier, these numbers are so hard to figure out"  :P

the money is fine as it is, but i really dont care too much what it looks like as long as i have some.

Azzuri.gif

If you do not like the new 20s Ill be willing to take them off you hand for Free. the more new 20s I have the better. I mean I would by happy if I had a stack of new 20s. Maybe they don t look good but I want them as many as I can get my hands on  :D

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

i don't really care what my money looks like, just that i have money.  that said, reminds me of the canucks' red/black/yellow gradient jersey in its crappiness.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

personally, I like the new 20's.  I think the old money was kinda boring, actually.  I'm also a fan of change.  I'm just pissed that when i cashed my paychecks at work... they gave me ALL old 20's.  We're talkin oooold school 20's with the small portrait.  But anyway, while I like the idea of the security devices... i can't see going out to the store, paying for whatever I wanted with a 20, and having the guy hold it up to the light to check it's authenticity.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived