Tank stumper 10/27/03

NJTank

Prior to tonights game inovling the Dolphins and Chargers when was the last time a natural diaster forced the NFL to move a game to a differnt location/stadium?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Oh and why didn't they keep the game in Calif, how about, let's say in LA... :D

Two reasons:

(1) Because all of Southern Calif. is under a wildfire alert.  My sister-in-law's parents live in LaVerne (near Pasadena) and they were advised to leave the area even though the fires haven't yet gotten that close.  Apparently these fires are very unpredictable and somewhat still out of control.  Frankly, I'm surprised UCLA didn't have their game cancelled on Saturday.

(2) There aren't any stadiums in So. Cal. that are already prepared for an NFL telecast.  It wouldn't surprise me if ABC is borrowing equipment from FOX in order to pull off the broadcast tonight.  

In any event, does anyone care to wager whether this game gets better attendance than a Cards game would?

Thinga is correct

I wanted to weigh in here so im giving the answer early.

I highly doubt the game will out draw the Cardinals in fact I will be stunned if there are more then 10,000 fans there I expect it to be a ghost town unless the NFL givews many tickets away.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Thinga is correct

I highly doubt the game will out draw the Cardinals in fact I will be stunned if there are more then 10,000 fans there I expect it to be a ghost town unless the NFL givews many tickets away.

The NFL is giving ALL of the tickets away.  It's a free admission game.  All that is being asked in return is that fans make a donation to the fire relief effort.  There will be volunteers taking donations at the game.

Thinga is correct

The NFL is giving ALL of the tickets away. It's a free admission game. All that is being asked in return is that fans make a donation to the fire relief effort. There will be volunteers taking donations at the game.

The NFL, most definatly the class of sporting leagues.

Yeah taht was great making it a free game, to make sure the building was full. I bet they got more money in voluntary donations then they would have gotten if they charged typical NFL Admission prices.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Archived