AHL

NJMojorising

I believe it might be Lowell. I'm not too sure considering Albany is going to be Carolina's farm team next season.

But, yeah. You are right. Albany is still the Devils' farm team for now.

Edit: Score one for lucky shots. :D

The Devils just ended their affiliation with the Albany River Rats. Their previous affiliation was with the Utica Devils. Utica no longer has a hockey team. Albany will now be affiliated with Carolina and I believe Colorado. New Jersey is now with Lowell Lock Monsters

Signature intentionally left blank

Yup.

For some strange reason, both Lowell and Albany are switching affiliates with each other.

Since I moved to Lowell, my neighbors have been (literally):

Los Angeles Kings

Carolina Hurricanes

Calgary Flames

Colorado Avalanche

and now, the New Jersey Devils.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I've always wondered this. Will the players that are currently on Albany go to Lowell? Or is it just like they made one big, massive trade of minor leaguers, by agreeing to switch farm teams?

I've always wondered this. Will the players that are currently on Albany go to Lowell? Or is it just like they made one big, massive trade of minor leaguers, by agreeing to switch farm teams?

It's not a trade. The players under contract for the NHL team play wherever the affiliate is. It's just like when the Winnipeg Jets moved to Phoenix.

The only players who might stay with the franchise (not the NHL team) would be players signed by the team, sometimes they're free agents but usually short-timers on PTO's (part-time player try-outs, sometimes 10-day or 5-game agreements).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Players from Albany are going to Lowell. This happens often in the AHL with many NHL teams constantly switching affiliates. That would be one crazy @$$ trade if it were like that.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Archived