Tank stumper 1/21/03

NJTank

V Super Bowl questions a day.

I. What was the first SUper Bowl that was offically called the Super Bowl?

II. THis year the match up is Pirates vs Pirates. Has there even been a matchup of two similar nicknames? (IE Bird, Cats...) Subject to interpetation.

III. True or False A reporter asked Redskins QB How long has he been a black QB?

IV. How long was Scott Norwoods missed FG at the end of Super Bowl XXV?

V. In what city did the Raiders play in the last time they were in the Super Bowl?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

V Super Bowl questions a day.

I. What was the first SUper Bowl that was offically called the Super Bowl?

II. THis year the match up is Pirates vs Pirates. Has there even been a matchup of two similar nicknames? (IE Bird, Cats...) Subject to interpetation.

III. True or False A reporter asked Redskins QB How long has he been a black QB?

IV. How long was Scott Norwoods missed FG at the end of Super Bowl XXV?

V. In what city did the Raiders play in the last time they were in the Super Bowl?

V.Los Angeles

The answer to question V. is not Los Angeles; it is Tampa.

The Mad Literalist strikes again. . . . :D

Question II is an interesting question depending on how far you want to stretch things.  There have been 12  Super Bowls pitting human mascots against each other.  I guess SB XI (Raiders-Vikes) would be the closest direct matchup since both featured seafaring folk and I guess if you REEEEEAAAAALLLLLY wanted to stretch it you could say that the two Dallas-Buffalo tilts pitted cowboys against cowboys.  And if you do choose to stretch it then make it 16 human-human matchups (assuming you count Giants as human - sheesh, it never stops).

II.  Colts and Cowboys (Super Bowl V) can be connected since Cowboys ride horses, same with Broncos - Cowboys (SB XII) and you could probably make a similar connection between the Redskins and the Broncos (SB XXII);  Dolphins - Vikings (SB VII) are two things you would associate with the sea

IV: Norwood's missed FG was 47 yards

I. Stl Fan is correct is SB III

II. Yes The one I had in ming was SB XI Raiders vs Vikings sea faring pilagers. However, I would say Bill COwboys is also a good choice since Buffalo Bill was a rodeo cowboy of sorts.

III. True but according to an ESPN.com article its been inflated none teh less it was asked.

IV. Norwoods miss was 47 yards very goo SJ

V. Yohollonder is correct the last SUper Bowl teh Riader splayed in was Tampa.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived