Backyard ice rink

Notch Novelty

go to www.rinksystems.com  they have a kit for making outdoor ice there. i have no idea as far as the pricing or anything like that. you could also go to a home center and buy alot of the materials for this. they may even have some plans for backyard ice.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

My cousins have done something like this.  I can ask them how they did.  From what I remember they built a square out of wood.  Then they put plastic to cover the bottom.  Then filled it with water.

That's exactly how to do it... I did it once, it didn't work, but I tried it when I was like 9.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I saw a guy who did the backyard ice rink a few winters ago on CBS Sunday Morning. It shoiwed the time line of the ice rink from when it was assemble to the last report when it was melting. Amazing.

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

You don't really need to have a plastic bottom put in. You do need boards in order to build. You can flood right over grass. The key is being patient. Once it starts getting cold, start flooding. Make sure that the water is contained within the boundry's of the boards. Every night you can put a layer of water on it. If it snows, perfect, thats the best time to flood, it builds up better.

But really, everything depends on the weather. you have to have it cold for more than a week with solid flooding to build up a good rink. Dad and I have been doing a park rink for years. Sometimes you'll only get in a few weeks of good weather, but thats the way it goes.

We're kinda lucky in that we have boards donated and an old fire hose to flood with. Good Luck!

Archived