More CCSLC Logos Stolen!

Brass

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Check out the "Minnesota Mighty Ducks"

Isn't that SyPhi's logo?

Also, the man who runs it is our beloved "Giggy" from the boards here! (If you have been keeping up on the whole Fantasy League situation, then you might know him!)

ohh really I just assumed that that was an old ducks logo or something. Did he at least mention that SyPhi made that. It okay to use it if he mention SyPhi and if SyPhi gave him permision to use it but if he didn't it's not right.

Check out the "Minnesota Mighty Ducks"

Isn't that SyPhi's logo?

Also, the man who runs it is our beloved "Giggy" from the boards here! (If you have been keeping up on the whole Fantasy League situation, then you might know him!)

same guy who said

yea well u guys arent giving anybody any chances the new league forums is for giving people chances and u r taking that away from them u guys are gonna lose a lot of people b/c u r not giving them a chance some1 might as well make a new site and give people a chance and not rate the users accountability by the number of posts big deal u post in different topics wats the big f***in deal? wat if ur not interested in the major league sports and just wanna play fantasy i mean come on guys have some common sense im actually thinkin bout starting a new forum where every1 is welcome and u will not be rated by number of posts and how long uve been there

First he ridicules us for not giving newbies a chance, now he's stealing logos, next thing you know, he's going to steal Babydoll from Chris :cursing:.

The nerve of this guy, man...

He goes and basically steals SyPhi's created logo and then steals the logo for the Grand Rapids Rampage.

Well, isn't there anything to do within the realm of, oh, saying banning him for this blatent logo theft? I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but a place like this shouldn't tolerate logo thieves.

He goes and basically steals SyPhi's created logo and then steals the logo for the Grand Rapids Rampage.

Well, isn't there anything to do within the realm of, oh, saying banning him for this blatent logo theft? I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but a place like this shouldn't tolerate logo thieves.

Seconded

VmWIn6B.png

Seconded

In honor of my comrade lopernv, thirded. This fantasy nonsense is gettin outta control, IMO.

Seconded

In honor of my comrade lopernv, thirded. This fantasy nonsense is gettin outta control, IMO.

Stealing is wrong.

Seconded

Stealing is wrong.

So is thievery.

:P

yea well u guys arent giving anybody any chances the new league forums is for giving people chances and u r taking that away from them u guys are gonna lose a lot of people b/c u r not giving them a chance some1 might as well make a new site and give people a chance and not rate the users accountability by the number of posts big deal u post in different topics wats the big f***in deal? wat if ur not interested in the major league sports and just wanna play fantasy i mean come on guys have some common sense im actually thinkin bout starting a new forum where every1 is welcome and u will not be rated by number of posts and how long uve been there

Jeez, if he's going engage in intellectual theft, he ought to at least start by stealing a dictionary and grammar book.

LT

The Ducks logo may be "stolen" from SyPhi, but one could also argue that SyPhi took inspiration for the duck from the ACTUAL Mighty Ducks secondary logo. I'm not saying that SyPhi used the logo for anything or that SyPhi did anything wrong himself.....

I saw, I came, I left.

The Ducks logo may be "stolen" from SyPhi, but one could also argue that SyPhi took inspiration for the duck from the ACTUAL Mighty Ducks secondary logo. I'm not saying that SyPhi used the logo for anything or that SyPhi did anything wrong himself.....

Yeah i'm all against stealing but i'm a little confused, Syphi took the ducks logo (which isn't his property) and redesigned it basically with a new startrack shield-thingy and put it up on his site which is free for anyone to steal (this is why putting wordmarks on your logo's ON YOUR SITE is a smart idea).

So basically someone took an existing logo, made it theirs with a shield, then had it stolen (i guess?) by some dude to use for his site.

Ban the guy that stole Syphi's logo or make him change it.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

no will ever really see that website and that league is not really going to get off the ground so it's not like he stole the logo and gave ti someone to use for something very imposrtat. I agree logo stealing is bad but only a few people are ever going to see that he stole that logo

no will ever really see that website and that league is not really going to get off the ground so it's not like he stole the logo and gave ti someone to use for something very imposrtat. I agree logo stealing is bad but only a few people are ever going to see that he stole that logo

So if only a couple of people see the stolen logo, that makes it ok? How about if it's 10 people?

20?

30?

31?

Where do YOU draw the line?

I personally draw it at 'don't steal'.

It's where I sit.

(1) SyPhi made adjustments to that logo, but it's pretty much an existing Ducks logo. (SyPhi never claimed it to be all his own.)

(2) If you look close, the © tag that SyPhi put on it remains with the logo, so it's not like it was some attempt to take credit for the logo.

(3) Its a fantasy hockey league.

When you combine those factors, I think you have to come up well short of a ban probably (that's up to the mods as it is though). I think your looking at a case where the guy needs to be informed of some better edicit, and I bet he uses it next time.

I think your looking at a case where the guy needs to be informed of some better edicit, and I bet he uses it next time.

That's etiquette, son. ;)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

It doesn't matter what the logo is being used for. The fact of the matter is that he came here, saw his pick of the litter, and thought that he could pass of the use of the logo as his own work. Not a good idea at all. Stealing is stealing in any capacity.

Stealing peoples hard earned work is wrong. I don't think he had permission to use it, But if you view a close up of the image it does say "© SyPhi Creations". So he is still giving the person who created it the credit. I still dont think its right unless they have permission to use it.

duk.jpg

Archived