What happened to......

jkrdevil

Last time I heard of him, he won the Jack Adams (Coach of the Year), with the Sabres and then was run out by Hasek.

Does anyone know what happened to him and why he hasn't been considered for a coaching job yet?

I was reminded of this while reading the Keenan thread.

It's obvious he was blacklisted he won COach of the year then was fired and never got another job in 6 years. ITs the most blkant case of black listing I have actually seen who knows why it is taht way but on the surface it is completly unfair.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

"played for us." I like how you refer to them as us.

He was offered a job with Erie Otters of the OHL back 2 or 3 years ago but has a huge ego and didn't take it. I wouldn't hire some1 who would mess with the chemistry in the lockeroom and treat your stars like 3rd rate players.

How do you know he is a good coach? Did you play for him? You can't really answer that question.

True, chances are none of us have ever played for him, but as was mentioned earlier, he did recieve recognition from the league as a good coach, and his record is admirable...good enough, I would think, to warrent a second chance.  As for him not taking the Erie job, while it probably wasn't the most mature descision, I also can't blame him for being a bit bitter...I'm sure he's just as aware (if not more so) of his black listed condition, and I think Erie's offer (while done with the best of intentions) served only to illustrate just how much he had lost.

In conclusion...black list Keenan

Yeah I have been questioning his "status" since he got fired, I know there was talk of him applying when there have been openings such as the Rangers... but I dunno who he pissed off but christ...move on people... he did alot in Buffalo let the man coach at the NHL level... ill get off my soapbox now

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I din't know if I'm remembering correctly or not, but Tampa or Florida was interesting I think a year or so after he was fired, but he declined and said he wasn't interested in coaching there. But you know what, at this point, it doesn't matter where it is, as long as you're coaching. At least he'd still be involved in Hockey in some fashion, instead of being off everyone's radar.

I dunno who he pissed off but christ...move on people...

The rumor I heard at sometime or another was that he was fooling around with Hasek's wife, which is why it was Hasek that pushed him out. Don't know how true that is, but it'd make his firing a bit more understandable.

Archived