Matrix revolutions

CrookedThumb

I'm surprised no one made a thread about this. I saw it last Friday with some friends. Even if you haven't seen it you probably know that plot-wise, this movie wasn't top notch, but the fight scene between Neo and Smith was the best fight scene EVER! That scene more than makes up for the lack of plot. Overall I give it 3 stars. It was a good movie, but I think Reloaded was better. If you haven't seen it yet, don't think that you're not gonna like it. My friends thought it was the best movie ever. But if you have seen it tell me what you thought, just try not to reveal some of the major parts of the movie for the people that haven't seen it yet.

...and some of the best acting I've seen. All the actors were picked perfectly to play the roles that they did.

Oh wow... if not for that last line...

Keanu Reeves is perhaps one of the worst actors in Hollywood. Luckily the character he played was written to be a spaced-out enigma... so he was perfect.

I saw it, was overall unimpressed with the movie except for the fight scenes. I sincerely expected more, but maybe shouldn't have. The first movie set a tone of originality and coolness that the next 2 couldn't possibly have lived up to.

To say it's the best movie series ever IMO is overblown... the Star Wars saga (the original 3, not the latest money-grabbers), the Indiana Jones movies, the Lord of the Rings flicks, the Evil Dead trilogy (okay, that's s'posed to be a joke)... all have their place in movie series greatness alongside the Matrix. One of the better series, no doubt, but I can't justify calling it the best movie series ever.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

have not seen 2 or 3.

i think SyPhi's right on best ever list; original StarWars trilogy, Indiana Jones (1st) stick out as most obvious.  i also enjoy good war movies like Full Metal Jacket and Apocolypse Now.  but these may reflect more of my age than what has been the best of all time.

this past weekend i watched the Lord of the Rings (1) and was amazed i had missed this for so long (now i'm geeked up to see pt.2 and this fall, pt.3).  the Black Hawk Down movie was another good flick, even though the actual event was not a good for US military judgement.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

The Indi trilogy rocked. (tho that girl in temple of doom almost blew that one) I'm wanting to get my butt out there and see it, but being extremely busy, just don't have the time rihgt now. To anyone whos seen it and likes the series, make sure you check out the Animatrix, it plays off the movies well and can fill in a few plot holes that you may find

Maybe Im alone but I saw the first Matrix and I did not like it at all, and have no interest in seeing the other 2.

How anyone can compare it to Star Wars is beyond me, but to each their own.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Welcome to big budget Hollywood, check your expectations, and self respect at the door.

Sorry...had to get that out of my system.  Personally I feel that movies 2 and 3 of the Matrix series are films that never should have been made.  I say this, not because Reloaded and Revolutions are terrible movies, but because the first movie was so increadibly exceptional.  As a result the last to Matrix movies have served only to degrade the first movie and ultimately tarnish whatever respect I had for the Wachowski brothers and their work.

Let me put it this way, when the first Matrix film came out it got people talking, and lots of people, all different kinds of people.  As far as I can tell, its the only sci-fi/action film to be released in my life time that has actively engauged intellectuals and the man on the street at the same time.  Based purely upon the dialogue generated by the film, on all levels, I would most definately catagorize "The Matrix" as a master piece.

In comparison, the past two movies have been crap.  Don't get me wrong, they both had all the wiz-bang special effects, and some of the ideas were novel...but compared to what came before, they were nothing more than immitations...hollow shells that looked the same but had absolutely none of the substance.  Granted substance isn't something that everyone looks for when they go to the movies, and I can definately apreciate that, but at the same time...to mangle a quote, "don't feed me $#!* and tell me its caviar".  

And I guess thats how I feel about it.  To use a sports metaphor, its like paying for Stanly Cup finals tickets and getting to the game only to find that all the players have been replaced with scabs.  Sure its still a hockey game and sure its going to have its exciting moments...but I paid to see a game between the two best NHL teams in the league, not a team of imposters dressed up like the two best NHL teams.

Ultimately for those who haven't seen the third movie, go for it.  It is better than the second movie, and if all you're looking for is a movie with some great action sequences, you won't be disapointed.  However if you are expecting it to resurect the series, chances are you wont be happy.  Which is  real shame...score another one for bread and circus.

Archived