Nba realignment revealed!

Mac the Knife

The NBA front office has sent out a ballot to team owners with the following divisional alignment (starting in 2004-05), which most reports say will easily be approved:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic Division

Boston Celtics

New Jersey Nets

New York Knickerbockers

Philadelphia 76ers

Toronto Raptors

Central Division

Chicago Bulls

Cleveland Cavaliers

Detroit Pistons

Indiana Pacers

Milwaukee Bucks

Southeast Division

Atlanta Hawks

Charlotte Bobcats

Miami Heat

Orlando Magic

Washington Wizards

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Northwest Division

Denver Nuggets

Minnesota Timberwolves

Portland Trail Blazers

Seattle SuperSonics

Utah Jazz

Southwest Division

Dallas Mavericks

Houston Rockets

Memphis Grizzlies

New Orleans Hornets

San Antonio Spurs

Pacific Division

Golden State Warriors

Los Angeles Clippers

Los Angeles Lakers

Phoenix Suns

Sacramento Kings

nav-logo.png

Anybody else see the proposed Pacific Division as The Division From Hell? Four Cali teams against the poor Suns...  :P

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

They've got an interesting interpretation of "Southwest".  Memphis and New Orleans?  I don't have a problem with the division itself, just the name.  Of course, that's kind of like Phoenix being in the Pacific Division, or NHL Dallas in the Pacific Division.

They've got an interesting interpretation of "Southwest". Memphis and New Orleans? I don't have a problem with the division itself, just the name. Of course, that's kind of like Phoenix being in the Pacific Division, or NHL Dallas in the Pacific Division.

Memphis and New Orleans are both located southwest of the NBA's main offices, so I guess in one context it's logical.

:D

They've got an interesting interpretation of "Southwest". Memphis and New Orleans? I don't have a problem with the division itself, just the name.

Maybe its a corporate tie-in. After all, Southwest Airlines flies to both cities, right?

:P

And Northwest Airlines has a hub in Minneapolis, doesn't it?  I think you might have figured it out  :D

Oh boy, the knicks, nets, celtics, and 76ers in our division... :o

Maybe the NBA are trying to kill Basketball in Canada with this one!

Do I assume that it would still be the best 8 teams in each conference into the playoffs, regardless of division or would that change?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I dont see how taht will kile basketball in Canada. Sports is cylical and the Raptors one day could dominate taht division. Right now they be in teh middle of the pack not as good as NJ and Philly but better the Boston and NY.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I dont see how taht will kile basketball in Canada. Sports is cylical and the Raptors one day could dominate taht division. Right now they be in teh middle of the pack not as good as NJ and Philly but better the Boston and NY.

That just isn't true, some teams with history and passion will always do well, some teams will always struggle, even if they do have up moments in there history (Arizona Cardinals, New Orleans Saints, LA Clippers, etc etc), I actually reckon the Celtics won't be all that bad this year and may yet scrape a play off spot.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived