New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This might be a leak, but it might not. This came up on WGR that there has been a logo leaked on a Mattel Escalade car or something. Without further ado, here it is...

sabrescar8gt.gif

That's interesting. Kind of what I'm expecting to come out in terms of logo. Not so much for color, though. That looks purple to me, not blue. And the buffalo is black? That's odd. I wonder what that's all about... if it's a leak or just some funky concept thing.

I think I'm mostly disturbed by the fact that they think hockey fans would want to buy a replica pimped-out Cadillac SUV toy.

In any case, it is interesting.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I was just coming to post the same thing.

I don't know...is that is it...what's up with the solid black Buffalo? Also, wouldn't the blue circle look a bit strange on the supposedly blue jersey?

THat said, I think I like it. The yellow is a bit too golden for me, but that could be because it's on the car. Very interesting to say the least.

I was just coming to post the same thing.

I don't know...is that is it...what's up with the solid black Buffalo? Also, wouldn't the blue circle look a bit strange on the supposedly blue jersey?

THat said, I think I like it. The yellow is a bit too golden for me, but that could be because it's on the car. Very interesting to say the least.

Question for Sabres fans, is their any particular reason the buffalo in the old logo and in this concept/leak/whatever logo is facing left? Normailly in sports logos face to the right. No biggie, just curious.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

This might be a leak, but it might not. This came up on WGR that there has been a logo leaked on a Mattel Escalade car or something. Without further ado, here it is...

sabrescar8gt.gif

The NHL shield looks a little odd and the logo is stretched out on the hood for some reason...

Those are two reasons that are leading me to believe this is not real.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Yeah, I'd be a little more convinced if I saw similar cars for all the other NHL teams, and they had the same weird rotation on the hood/NHL Shield.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Someone back in the other thread mentioned that the car was something from the NFL product line, and that it was probably the NHL stuff photoshopped over the St. Louis Rams car... which, looking at it... seems entirely plausible to me.

EDIT: In fact, a quick Google image search on "NFL escalade" gives me this Dallas Cowboys version...

bc_1.jpg

indians4.png

-Terry Pluto

Those are not the Sabres new logos. Those aren't even their new colors.

How do you know?

And is that Buffalo really black? Looks brown to me.

Either way, too many colors. Gold, blue, and white are enough. They could make a bunch of people happy by just going directly back to the old set. Messing about like this might be a bad idea. Dunno. Thanks for posting this though.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't have anything from the NHL, but I have seen the new logos (primary, secondary [i'm guessing it will be a shoulder patch], and two wordmarks [light and dark background]).

Save the slugalo.

I don't have anything from the NHL, but I have seen the new logos (primary, secondary [i'm guessing it will be a shoulder patch], and two wordmarks [light and dark background]).

From my limited experience with Tazz, I'm guessing he's telling the truth...

Archived