Chicago Sports Crossovers

snetsrak43

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they look pretty good. still don't get the point of these crossover exercises, but it's sharp....and to everyone lately who's been talking about the bulls needing an update: no way. classic logo, classic look, and it's holding up well over time.

they look pretty good. still don't get the point of these crossover exercises, but it's sharp....and to everyone lately who's been talking about the bulls needing an update: no way. classic logo, classic look, and it's holding up well over time.

I think crossovers are good when you hit those times that you'd like to do a concept but are having a "designers block". Also in this particular case, I think the Bulls have a strong set that looks good for football.

brianurlacher.png

I wasn't sure if anyone would notice, the pant stripes are also meant to mock the diamonds on the Bull's shorts.

But enough of the Bulls

I present the Chicago Cubs Football!

cubsfball.png

-I didn't like their current logo set so I went old school. And I chose an appropriate Cub great who actually wore those logos. I was hoping to capture a nice simple design with these. The numbers should be pretty close to what the Cub's home jerseys are.

C&C Please

Next Up, Chicago White Sox Football which should feature something a little more "out there" (hopefully)

brianurlacher.png

that cubs one reminds me of the one i did...only better...

anyway, i really like the bulls one. i've found that baseball to football usually doesnt go over well, the styles are just way too different, but thats just my opinion.

TDZiMMB.png

anyway, i really like the bulls one. i've found that baseball to football usually doesnt go over well, the styles are just way too different, but thats just my opinion.

I was looking through your crossovers and it looks like most of your fonts are actually of the teams... where do you get these? It would help greatly for mine.

brianurlacher.png

anyway, i really like the bulls one.  i've found that baseball to football usually doesnt go over well, the styles are just way too different, but thats just my opinion.

I was looking through your crossovers and it looks like most of your fonts are actually of the teams... where do you get these? It would help greatly for mine.

eriqjaffe's fonts

everything except basketball

TDZiMMB.png

Bulls: Helmet is the best part of this concept, for the fact it looks like the team has horns. The pant stripe is cool, and different but take out the bull in the middle. So overall I would give you a A on this concept.

Cubs: Sorry to say but this is my least favorite crossover you have done on these posts....(thats a big statement).... For several reasons, the helmet is boring, I would like to see a red alt, and I would have liked to see the bear used more. These look more like throwbacks then modern, just my though. Overall I would give you a C on this concept, you have much to imporve here.

I can't wait to see the Windy City Sox

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

These look more like throwbacks then modern, just my though. Overall I would give you a C on this concept, you have much to imporve here.

The Cubs are throwback though. The have tradition and snetsrak showed that in these. I think they are quite good for the Cubs.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Now I present the Chicago White Sox Football!

soxfball.png

-As I said its a bit more out there. I wanted to do a pinstripe design with one of the city's baseball teams. The full pinstriped wasn't to appealing so the shoulder/sleeve pinstripes seemed like a good compromise. On the White Jersey, a jersey like that might be unrealistic to put on a football field, but so would a baseball team!

C&C Please.

Next Up: Chicago Fire Football

brianurlacher.png

Now I present the Chicago White Sox Football!

soxfball.png

-As I said its a bit more out there. I wanted to do a pinstripe design with one of the city's baseball teams. The full pinstriped wasn't to appealing so the shoulder/sleeve pinstripes seemed like a good compromise. On the White Jersey, a jersey like that might be unrealistic to put on a football field, but so would a baseball team!

C&C Please.

Next Up: Chicago Fire Football

the black pinstripe jersey looks the best but all in all i think they are great

Its not who you are on the outside, its who you are on the inside that makes you great

ducksravensheat7kr.png

Fantasy Sports Experience

Orlando Palms (2006-2007) (MLH)

All of them perfecto too bad that 1st sox one dosent have the "NFL required" measurements for #'s but those are still flawless to me when a jersey looks good like that who cares about rules the nfl should really reconsider that one

ATL

Presenting the Chicago Fire Football

-Traditionalists, please don't hate me. I was looking for something modern and look towards the Fire's actual jersey for inspiration

firefball.png

-I used the MLB Angels font because it seemed to fit better with the Fires "C"and "Fire" script. Yea I know similar jerseys are not seen in a good light. Keepin mind the Fire's jersey was a inspiration.

C&C Please.

If you want a nice traditonal look then wait for the next set:

The final football set- Chicago Blackhawks Football

brianurlacher.png

After the holiday weekend and being busy I finally completed my final footbal set:

Chicago Blackhawks Football:

blackhawkfball.png

-Not much to say. The stripes on the sleeves match their jerseys.

I will probably take a break for a while. Next up either Chicago Bears Basketball or Baseball.

brianurlacher.png

Archived