MLB Trade Deadline Thread

Brass

Here are some rumors I've been hearing:

-Milwaukee Brewers trade Carlos Lee to the Yankees for Melky Cabrera, Chien-Mang Wang, and Philip Hughes (I doubt that will happen, but it did come from ESPN Milwaukee. The Yankees could also make a run for Shawn Green or Jose Guillen.

-Mariners are very interested in aquiring Alfonso Soriano.

-Miguel Tejada could be headed to the Los Angeles Angels.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rumor out there that the Tigers are close to Bobby Abreu for prospects

Where would he play? Is there room in the outfield.

Third base is what I've been hearing.

He would play Outfield and move Monroe to the bench, right now Inge is playing great, although his average isn't all that great, his numbers RBI and HR wise outnumber his average.

Apparently the Red Sox are kinda interested in Kyle Lohse (MIN), and are willing to part with Wily Mo Pena.

Yeah, they said that too in mid-April but nothing really happened. If they are going to part with Pena, then they better resign Nixon as well.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

And where exactly did you hear that? If Abreu could play third base, he'd be playing it here. Instead we have to put up with his half-assed loafing in right field and pathetic late-inning gutless attempts at hitting. You want him? Take him. Please.

The guy (along with Pat Burrell) is a poster child for why the Phillies suck.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Bob Wickman to Atlanta for minor-league catcher Max Ramirez.

Is that an actual trade or just a rumor. I don't know, maybe it's time to let Wickman go. He's old and whenever he's out there, runners are always on base. He never makes it easy on himself. Last year he got the saves, this year not so much. Why would the Indians trade Wickman for a minor league catcher? They have Victor Martinez, and in the Crisp deal we got a catcher in Shoppach. This trade would not make sense for the Tribe, unless they wanted to ditch Wickman that badly, which I don't think they want to. If the Tribe do trade Wickman I don't think it will be for a minor league catcher or a catcher of any kind.

Is that an actual trade or just a rumor. I don't know, maybe it's time to let Wickman go. He's old and whenever he's out there, runners are always on base. He never makes it easy on himself. Last year he got the saves, this year not so much. Why would the Indians trade Wickman for a minor league catcher? They have Victor Martinez, and in the Crisp deal we got a catcher in Shoppach. This trade would not make sense for the Tribe, unless they wanted to ditch Wickman that badly, which I don't think they want to. If the Tribe do trade Wickman I don't think it will be for a minor league catcher or a catcher of any kind.

That actually happened

And with Jose Guillen being placed on the DL today, it looks as if he won't be traded, as players are not allowed to be traded whil on the DL, and 15 days will be past the deadline

-Milwaukee Brewers trade Carlos Lee to the Yankees for Melky Cabrera, Chien-Mang Wang, and Philip Hughes (I doubt that will happen, but it did come from ESPN Milwaukee. The Yankees could also make a run for Shawn Green or Jose Guillen.

There is no way the Yankees do that. That sounds like one of those trades people call up a talk radio show with. First the Yankees aren't going to trade Wang who has been a very consistent pitcher this season and someone they will need come October without getting another pitcher back. The team has also said they are not going to trade Hughes who apparently has been lighting it up in the minors. I just can't see them trading a top prospect, a starter (which they need more of), and Cabrera for Carlos Lee.

I don't think the Yankees will be in the market for a hitter. Matsui is a head of schedule and might be back as early as August. If he gets back they will be fine offensively. They might trade for another starter but that is pretty much it. They might go back on their word not to trade Hughes but if they do they won't trade Wang and Melky with him.

That actually happened

And with Jose Guillen being placed on the DL today, it looks as if he won't be traded, as players are not allowed to be traded whil on the DL, and 15 days will be past the deadline

Say What!!?? I guess I must have missed it somehow. I'm not liking this trade much. We have Martinez. We have Shoppach. We have Tim Laker @ AAA Buffalo even though he's old. Why would the Tribe get a catcher.

And where exactly did you hear that? If Abreu could play third base, he'd be playing it here. Instead we have to put up with his half-assed loafing in right field and pathetic late-inning gutless attempts at hitting. You want him? Take him. Please.

The guy (along with Pat Burrell) is a poster child for why the Phillies suck.

Wow, I have no idea how I misunderstood that.

I thought it was a Tejada-to-Angels rumor.

:blush:

The Cardinals boards are abuzz over this possible trade:

Cardinals get:

Dontrell Willis

Marlins get:

Anthony Reyes

Colby Rasmus

Stu Pomeranz

Chris Duncan

2 of these guys are in the Majors now (reyes and duncan). The other 2 are decent prospects in the Cardinals system. Many are saying this is selling "half the farm"

This isn't a rumor. There are negotiations going on for it now. I'm not saying its happening for sure, but wheels are turning. Rasmus' agent called him and told him of the possiblity.

Personally...I like it.

The Cardinals boards are abuzz over this possible trade:

Cardinals get:

Dontrell Willis

Marlins get:

Anthony Reyes

Colby Rasmus

Stu Pomeranz

Chris Duncan

2 of these guys are in the Majors now (reyes and duncan). The other 2 are decent prospects in the Cardinals system. Many are saying this is selling "half the farm"

This isn't a rumor. There are negotiations going on for it now. I'm not saying its happening for sure, but wheels are turning. Rasmus' agent called him and told him of the possiblity.

Personally...I like it.

i like that deal too, d-train will actually start winning for a couple of my fantasy teams.

iGLssSH.png

The Marlins will have to be high to accept that deal

I was thinking the other way around. Whether they want to win now or later, you stand a better chance with Dontrell pitching for somebody else. Given, he is better than three-fifths of the Cardinals pitching staff, I'd still rather have Anthony Reyes, Colby Rasmus, Stu Pomeranz, and Chris Duncan.

i like that deal too, d-train will actually start winning for a couple of my fantasy teams.
Maybe if he gets traded to 2005.

Save the slugalo.

The Marlins will have to be high to accept that deal

There's no guarentee the Marlins will sign Dontrelle in the offseason. Does Dontrelle want to wait 5-6 years for the team to build, or does he want to play for a team that's ready to contend now?

I'd trade him and get as much as I could. The Marlins have a decent crop of young pitchers.

Archived