Buffalo Sabres to unveil jerseys today

js °

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with CC. With all the negativity towards the Buffaslug, they'd have to start from scratch again.

2007 will probably bring a new uniform, even though there's a bevy of better options out there.

My prediction is that they will announce they've decided not to change the uniforms for this season.

But that's just a guess, I have no information on this at all.

I agree 100% Chris. However, that would really screw sales this upcoming season.

BTW, the official release on Sabres.com says the prees conference is "concerning the team's uniform for this upcoming season."

A video of the Press COnference will be available 30 minutes after on Sbares.com for Sabres Insiders (It's free). I read on a Sabres board that the other press conferences have been audio only so it appears that they are showing something.

If JS is right about them unvieling 3 uniforms with the 3rd being a retro my guess is they saw the negativity about the slug and at the last minute decided to ad the originbal as a third so they can sell it.

Calm down, they are not showing the uni's today. It is only a press conference about their plans (when and where). Larry Quinn will be on the radio first. Its about the 3rd jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The original dark blue!!!!!!!!!! They will wear it for 15 home games.

Sabres To Wear Original Blue And Gold For 15 Games

WGR Newsroom - Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 3:08 PM

Following is a schedule of the 15 games Buffalo will wear their third jersey this season:

Saturday, October 14 vs. New York Rangers

Tuesday, October 17 vs. Philadelphia Flyers

Saturday, November 4 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

Friday, November 17 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Friday, November 24 vs. Montreal Canadiens

Thursday, December 14 vs. Florida Panthers

Tuesday, December 19 vs. Montreal Canadiens

Monday, January 1 vs. New York Islanders

Friday, January 19 vs. Vancouver Canucks

Tuesday, January 30 vs. Boston Bruins

Thursday, February 15 vs. Edmonton Oilers

Thursday, February 22 vs. Ottawa Senators

Saturday, March 10 vs. New Jersey Devils

Friday, March 23 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

Thursday, April 5 vs. Boston Bruins

Buffalo Sabres Managing Partner Larry Quinn announced today the Sabres will wear the franchise?s original blue and gold uniform and logo as the team?s third jersey during 15 home games in the 2006-07 season.

The Sabres first wore the original Blue and Gold in the 1970-1971 season and continued that way for the following 26 years. The first major change to the team's look came in 1996-97 when the team changed its basic colors to red, black and white to coincide with the opening of the HSBC Arena (formerly Marine Midland Arena).

?We have been planning all along to use the original colors and logo as our third jersey for next season,? Quinn said. ?Given the outpouring of fan concern the last few weeks, we decided to make this announcement now instead of September as originally planned. We are still committed and enthusiastic about our new uniform and believe that fans will embrace it once they have a chance to actually see it."

The Sabres will unveil their new uniform during the week of September 24, at a time and place still to be determined. The team will actually wear their new jerseys for the first time on Saturday, September 30, in their only home pre-season game at HSBC Arena against the Pittsburgh Penguins at 7:00 p.m.

The team will wear a new Blue and Gold uniform design, which will be unveiled in late September, for the remaining 26 home games and all 41 road games.

http://www.wgr550.com/sabres/fullstory.php?id=1753

apparently Quinn has made clear that he is aware of the fan backlash, but still believes the fans will love them when they see the full uniforms.

What interview? The press conference has not started yet!

In this statement right here, ?Given the outpouring of fan concern the last few weeks, we decided to make this announcement now instead of September as originally planned. We are still committed and enthusiastic about our new uniform and believe that fans will embrace it once they have a chance to actually see it."

According to my math, the Buffalo Sabres -- during the regular season, of course -- will be attractive 36.5% of the time at home and 18.29% overall.

I guess that's okay.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Quinn just made official confirmation that the slug is indeed the logo .. and the problem with the fans who are rebelling against the ideas, is that they haven't had the oppurtunity to get the full presentation with wordmarks, uniforms, etc.

It is truly a weak brand and logo that requires all of that support in order to appear good.

Quinn just made official confirmation that the slug is indeed the logo .. and the problem with the fans who are rebelling against the ideas, is that they haven't had the oppurtunity to get the full presentation with wordmarks, uniforms, etc.

It is truly a weak brand and logo that requires all of that support in order to appear good.

THANK you...

that has been my problem with that argument all along. If it needs supporting elements to look good, then it is an INCOMPLETE logo... an inferior logo.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Hmmmm. Perhaps I'm doing a bit too much thinking here and anyone more familiar with the NHL's rules and reg's about sweaters feel free to swat back at me, but here's what I surmise we might see.

2006-06 - Sabres wear original uniforms as alts for 15 home dates. Sabres elect a'la Anaheim to use the alts as the lone home playoff sweater.

2007-08 - Buoyed by the overwhelming support of the fans for the original uniform design, the Sabres adopt the original "alt" design as their principal home sweater, discontinue the use of the dark blue buffaslug sweater and introduce a white alt sweater which replicates the design of the team's original white sweaters but utilizes the color palette introduced in 2006.

2008-09 - The Sabres discontinue use of the white buffaslug road jerseys, adopting the 2007-08 white alt's as their principal road sweaters. The home blues are tweaked so as to represent the darker contemporary color scheme.

If I'm not mistaken, alt's can be (1) switched into a primary role at any time, and (2) can be changed from year to year. Again, if I'm wrong, this theory doesn't work, but if I'm right, it enables the team to get out from this apparent marketing mistake within a reasonable time.

Hmmmm. Perhaps I'm doing a bit too much thinking here and anyone more familiar with the NHL's rules and reg's about sweaters feel free to swat back at me, but here's what I surmise we might see.

2006-06 - Sabres wear original uniforms as alts for 15 home dates. Sabres elect a'la Anaheim to use the alts as the lone home playoff sweater.

2007-08 - Buoyed by the overwhelming support of the fans for the original uniform design, the Sabres adopt the original "alt" design as their principal home sweater, discontinue the use of the dark blue buffaslug sweater and introduce a white alt sweater which replicates the design of the team's original white sweaters but utilizes the color palette introduced in 2006.

2008-09 - The Sabres discontinue use of the white buffaslug road jerseys, adopting the 2007-08 white alt's as their principal road sweaters. The home blues are tweaked so as to represent the darker contemporary color scheme.

If I'm not mistaken, alt's can be (a) switched into a primary role at any time, and (B) can be changed from year to year. Again, if I'm wrong, this theory doesn't work, but if I'm right, it enables the team to get out from this apparent marketing mistake within a reasonable time.

I think you might be right. That is similar to what the Islanders did with Gorton. They wore it for 1 year then the next they introduced 2 alternates whcich had the traditional logo on it. The next year they adopted those then they went back to the originals (with navy blue instead of royal).

Archived