LOGOLYMPIAD Event 2

winters in buffalo

Posting this a bit early since I won't be around tonight...

EVENT 2: Anniversary/Commemorative Logo

This event is the same as last year ? with a bit of a twist. In honor of the 30th anniversary of the year of my birth, design a patch/logo commemorating something that happened in 1976. Include the years in the design. This can be a sports or historical anniversary. You may ?borrow? and incorporate existing images or logos, but the overall design must be your own.

DEADLINE: Monday, August 21. 8:00 PM EDT

Again, as a reminder:

Entries must be emailed to wib_logolympiad@yahoo.com prior to the deadline. Subject line should be the Event number. Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif or .png formats. File name format is: event#_yourname.jpg (Ex: event2_wintersinbuffalo.jpg)

All final entries must be 800x600 pixels with at least 70 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image, unless otherwise stated. I will not re-size entries that are not properly done, so make sure it?s right.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes the identity of themselves or anyone else will be DQ?d.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

*bump*

This should be on the first page.

EDIT: OK, now it's stickified. Fast response!

I've got an idea, but I'm not really in it. Is it all right if I show up for only some of the contests?

Of course. That's part of the fun. :D

philly.png

I've got an idea, but I'm not really in it. Is it all right if I show up for only some of the contests?

That's the beauty of it... you can enter as many or as few events as you please.

Some people will enter most of the events and try to make a run at being one of the top 3 overall. Some might enter just one or two and try to take top spot in just those.

Last year, only one person entered all 14 events.

In honor of the 30th anniversary of the year of my birth, design a patch/logo commemorating something that happened in 1976

Does it have to be a logo commemorating the 30th anniversary of the event or a logo that could have been used back then?

Thanx

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

In honor of the 30th anniversary of the year of my birth, design a patch/logo commemorating something that happened in 1976

Does it have to be a logo commemorating the 30th anniversary of the event or a logo that could have been used back then?

Thanx

It has to commemorate something that actually happened in 76.

Archived