La clippers go retro

NJTank

I believe that San Diego is looking at possibly building a new arena downtown; maybe that would get the Clips to move back there.  I don't know.

I liked those uniforms and logo back when they wore them - one of the very few retro looks I could live with.

BTW - for those who don't know, those flags are actually International Marine Signal Flags, and each one represents a letter...ironically (!), the flags on their shorts spells out "CLIPPERS"...imagine that...

a slight screwup with those jerseys: the number was placed baseball-style like the currents, instead of centered like on the originals.  other than that, they reminded me sort of the cavs'...oops, cavaliers' unis from last year, except without black.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

ST. Louis deserves a NBA team, but the Clippers must move either way weather it be San Diego or any where else staying in LA is a mistake they need to get out of the Lakers shadow.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think STL would by far be the best place to move an NBA team and why no one in the NBA has thought about this boggles my mind.  What were they thinking with the Bobcats: "Hmmmmm.  Well the first Charlotte team failed along with attendance and everything else.  I got it, let's put another team in Charlotte!"

No, the majority of the Hornets' tenure in Charlotte was a MAJOR success. If I recall correctly, the Hornets led the NBA in attendance in their 2nd year, and continued this for I think 4-5 more years. George Shinn (towards the end) and especially Ray Woolridge were just plain disliked in Charlotte, an NBA team can and will succeed in the Carolinas, just as the Panthers (ugh) are now.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Clippers aren't going anywhere or a while. Win or lose, they are making a ton of money in LA at the Staples Center--Sterling bought the team for $10M in ~'77 and it is worth an estimated $300M today - a *nice* ROI. Donald Sterling will never move the team back to SD - they played to crowds of 3,000, even when they had an OK team with guys like Bill Walton, Byron Scott and Tom Chambers. There was some talk of moving to Anaheim, but they could barely support an NBA team. There also was some talk of going to Vegas, but the NBA is so afraid of gambling (remember Jordan's huge gambling debts?), that it's a real long shot. Sterling is an LA real-estate mogul; he wants to stay in LA. He won't sell the team as long as it's making money, and the team won't move as long as he owns it.

I was at the Bruins pro shop at the FleetCenter yesterday. I was looking at a bunch of the Nike Swingman throwbacks.

The Atlanta throwbacks are as obnoxious lime green as they are in the picture. Ick.

I like Golden State's "The City" jerseys. The lettering is stiched, but the cable car and circle graphics are screened on. Surprisingy, it never lookd too busy or cluttered.

I didn't realize the Clippers were baby blue and orange.

When did the Lakers go from blue and white to purple and gold?

I wish the Celtics would do some throwbacks...the gold side panel from the 60's is very classy, doesn't look like the sonics at all. I wish they still had "Boston" on the aways.

The Celtics should update the uniforms with a third color, I think the gold would look very nice. Maybe black (minimally), but a color can be added without ruining the "green and white" mystique that is the Celtics. They had gold during the heyday of the 60s, there's no reason not to bring it back now. Maybe if they dress like the teams from the 60s, they could shoot and play D like them too.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Celtics should update the uniforms with a third color, I think the gold would look very nice. Maybe black (minimally), but a color can be added without ruining the "green and white" mystique that is the Celtics. They had gold during the heyday of the 60s, there's no reason not to bring it back now. Maybe if they dress like the teams from the 60s, they could shoot and play D like them too.

I have always thought the celtics should have an alternate. Personally I dont think a throwback would work as it would be too similar to the currents, but something a bit out of left field for a game or two a year would be a good idea IMO!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived