Browns in brown pants?

cableguy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

Yeah-yeah... and all yellow looks like Pee too!! ....right?

Such a tired "take" on brown....

I don't mind yellow. In fact I like the yellow in the Dan Fouts era Chargers uniforms tho they look more like mustard then true yellow to me.

Anywho I don't mind different colours like brown but when it looks that bad (I know it's a screenshot from a video game) it deserves to be mocked.

The pants that the refs are wearing belong on Fergie or Beyonce not NFL refs

They look like hockey pants.

So hockey players wear LONG tight pants?

:blink:

I thought they wore shorts

either way the rendering of the pants in that screen shot looked awkward.

Tight pants? I'm not sure but here are a couple small pics of the infamous Cooperalls.

francis_cooperalls_tall.jpg

Phi_Coops.jpg

Lovely huh? On a side note I was watching tv this morning and saw a Cooper Tires logo on one of the games I was watching and my brain in early morning mode thought, "Cooperalls." That's when you know you spend too much time paying attention to uniforms and need to get a real life, when your subconscious thinks of uniforms! :D

• 2 years later...

Good thing you cleared that up... now everyone who posted in this thread (nearly three years ago) knows the story.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As a Browns fan...I loved the Brown pants. I'm all for the classic look...but I wouldn't mind seeing the orange pants or maybe even the brown pants again once or twice a year just to mix it up. It would look really nice with the brown jerseys too I think:

CLEbronsbrown.jpg

brownonbrownty4nt0.png

T1oYViW.png

Guys... here's how it looked.

Cleveland%20Browns%20v%20New%20York%20Giants%20qMOJnUh_JaUl.jpg

Interesting note: this is the first time anyone in history has ever worn brown spandex.

I hate when people are talking about a football team and they say "they should wear (blank) just to mix it up" Mix it up? They play 16 games a season, that's not that many. There's no need to mix it up, especially when mixing it up means wearing brown stripeless pants with brown socks.

Do the brown pants really look that bad? Well yes they do, but we could get used to them. The problem is that the alternative is SO much more attractive. The brown pants also bring up problems with color balance and the bottom-heavy weight of the uniform.

PvO6ZWJ.png

If the brown pants had stripes, they'd be a'ight. Personally, I love their look with orange pants, especially with the brown jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As a Browns fan...I loved the Brown pants. I'm all for the classic look...but I wouldn't mind seeing the orange pants or maybe even the brown pants again once or twice a year just to mix it up. It would look really nice with the brown jerseys too I think:

CLEbronsbrown.jpg

brownonbrownty4nt0.png

Damn, I want to see a brown out!!! :D

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

...Personally, I love their look with orange pants, especially with the brown jerseys.

Agreed.

I may have mentioned this before in another thread, but one game a few seasons back (2006ish, maybe?), the Browns played the Seahawks in Seattle. Seattle wore their normal home uniforms (monochrome gunmetal) and Cleveland wore white over orange. Those two uniforms together were simply delightful to the eyes, and that's probably still my favorite uniform v. uniform combination.

Damn, I want to see a brown out!!! :D

Yeah, no one would make jokes comparing the Browns to deification. Or the whole city of Cleveland for that matter.

EDIT: Or as Jezus points out on the next page, defecation. Damn me for not paying attention when I spell check.

Archived