Browns in brown pants?

cableguy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn, I want to see a brown out!!! :D

Yeah, no one would make jokes comparing the Browns to deification. Or the whole city of Cleveland for that matter.

Who cares, their name is Browns.

It makes sense for them to wear Brown.

Put some orange & white stripes on those pants and you got a winner!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

IIRC, they did actually wear these on Monday Night Football, I think two years ago?

Anyone else recall this? I know they did wear them, I just can't remember when.

It was a preseason game last year, and it was on primetime TV. Note the Browns in the background wearing the brown pants.

http://www.giants.com/news/headlines/story...?story_id=28288

I liked when the Browns went back to orange pants a few years ago because it reminded me of the Brian Sipe days. But all things considered, the Browns probably ought to be in white pants all the time, as they have been the last couple of years.

IIRC, they did actually wear these on Monday Night Football, I think two years ago?

Anyone else recall this? I know they did wear them, I just can't remember when.

Think it was a preseason game last year, and it was on primetime TV -- at the Giants.

Correct.

09000d5d80a1b340_gallery_600.jpg

And what the hell is this?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Yeah, no one would make jokes comparing the Browns to deification. Or the whole city of Cleveland for that matter.

EDIT: Or as Jezus points out on the next page, defecation. Damn me for not paying attention when I spell check.

Those that make jokes about the Browns colors are simple minded people.

T1oYViW.png

EDIT: Or as Jezus points out on the next page, defecation. Damn me for not paying attention when I spell check.

I'm not joking, I really want to see the Browns in monochrome!!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

I'm not joking, I really want to see the Browns in monochrome!!!

I'd like to see it too.

T1oYViW.png

Why are so many people down on the Browns wearing a monochrome brown uniform? People wear brown colored suits all the time and nobody says they're crap colored. Grow up already with your poop jokes.

Why are so many people down on the Browns wearing a monochrome brown uniform? People wear brown colored suits all the time and nobody says they're crap colored. Grow up already with your poop jokes.

I work in an environment where the (at least 6 thousand) men at the company have to dress up in shirts/ties or suits every day. Nobody wears brown suits. It ain't professional.

That doesn't mean I'm against the Browns monochrome though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The problem with the Browns' brown pants are...IMO

1. No stripes.

2. Create the leotard look.

3. Don't look as good as white.

4. Don't look as good as orange.

KISSwall09.jpg

Haha I love a good poop joke. Part of the reason I wanted the Browns to wear the all brown uni. Even the announcers couldn't refrain I bet.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, I love the brown pants!!!

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...bringing_b.html

Oh, fudge: Are Browns bringing back dark pants for '09 season? NFL Insider

by Tony Grossi/Plain Dealer Reporter

Sunday July 26, 2009, 4:49 PM

Bill Kostroun/Associated Press

BEREA, Ohio -- Will the chocolate-brown uniform pants have a new life under new Browns coach Eric Mangini?

The Browns unveiled the brown pants in the disastrous second exhibition game at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., last summer. That was the game in which the Browns fell behind the New York Giants, 30-3, in barely more than one quarter.

That national prime-time performance, punctuated by several major injuries, contributed to the bad taste left by the radical look of the brown pants. They have been locked up in the Browns' equipment room ever since.

But rumors have surfaced recently that Mangini intends to surprise everyone by dressing his team in brown pants for every road game this year.

A Browns official could have shot the rumor down. But when it was posed to Neal Gulkis, director of public relations, he responded, "No final determination has been made."

Gulkis went on to point out that pant colors -- unlike jerseys -- do not have to be approved by the league before the season.

"You can decide what pants you will be wearing as late as the day before a game," Gulkis wrote in an e-mail.

Teams must declare whether they wish to wear their dark or white jersey for each home game. The visiting team then must wear the alternate dark or white jersey. So if any of the Browns' opponents wish to wear white at home, the Browns would be forced to wear their brown jerseys.

Which then would raise the possibility of a brown jersey-brown pants combination. They would look like giant Fudgesicles.

Uh-oh...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived