Browns in brown pants?

cableguy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya'll just need to get down with the brown. The pants look good, they just need orange socks. Striped orange socks for extra points.

That would help... but as long as the pants themselves have no stripes, they're gonna look like crap... and it has nothing to do with the color brown.

Agreed. If they had stripes, they would be fine, IMO.

I'd be more excited, though, if they were bringing back the orange pants.

Ya'll just need to get down with the brown. The pants look good, they just need orange socks. Striped orange socks for extra points.

That would help... but as long as the pants themselves have no stripes, they're gonna look like crap... and it has nothing to do with the color brown.

Agreed. If they had stripes, they would be fine, IMO.

I'd be more excited, though, if they were bringing back the orange pants.

EVERYONE wants the orange pants back! I will never understand why they don't use them. Bring them back! put stripes on the brown pants and maybe bring back the orange jersey. Have 3 jerseys and 3 pants just like the Titans. We'd have a great variety of looks that could get interesting. Not as many as oregon, but still alot...

My position has always been that white over white is flat out boring. Getting the Browns to wear some brown or orange britches with the white jersey is much more visually appealing, and this kind of development is a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...
Those beautiful brown pants were on the field for family day at Cleveland Browns Stadium. Let's hope we see them a lot this year. :P

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/trainingcamp/gallery.php#

I'm one of the few that like the Brown pants, but in those pictures, it just doens't look as good with the striped socks, just my opinion.

I like the brown pants, too (though not as much as the orange pants), but would it kill them to put some stripes on them?

My position has always been that white over white is flat out boring. Getting the Browns to wear some brown or orange britches with the white jersey is much more visually appealing, and this kind of development is a good thing.

I agree 100%, though I'll give the Colts a pass on this one. It's just really drab looking to me.

The Jets and Dolphins are good example of team that look awesome with the colored pants, better than with their dark jerseys/white pants in my opinion, but totally bland in all white.

The brown pants are awful. They just are. It looks horrific on the field. They need to be burned, and erased from the memory of professional football.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I know brown suits are okay, but you can't compare civilian attire to football uniforms. The rules are different, and dark brown spandex knee-high pants don't look good on large black men, small white men, or anyone in between. Try walking out the door in a forest green shirt and bright yellow pants with matching green knee-high boots. Even the most fashion-challenged Packers fan would know better. (He'd wear camouflage pants instead. Zzzzing.)

Said it in every Browns discussion, but what's one more: the best looks for the Browns, going head to...leg? are orange/brown/orange/brown at home, and orange/white/white/white away. At home, you have the two main colors alternating, plus striping patterns where colors alternate again, which is aesthetically pleasing. It's not as perfect on the road, but at least you maintain the orange and brown striping on the sleeves and socks (this is persuming that stripes are on the socks in this design, of course).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Brady Quinn love the brown pants!!!

BQ says go brown: Quinn came out strongly in favor of the brown pants after the scrimmage. "These are awesome," he said. "I love 'em. First of all, they're just cool. They're different. And that stripe on the side [of the white pants] prohibits mobility. They're not as loose as these pants. So maybe DA should blame the pants [laughing]."

The Browns dusted off the brown pants last year for their preseason game against the Giants, but shelved them again after getting drilled in the game. But there's been talk they might resurface this year. They will if Quinn has any say in the matter.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...immage_ans.html

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Im a life time Browns fan and just got EA sports madden 2007. It has the browns away uniforms with BROWN pants! Now I know for a fact the browns have never worn brown pants...do they actually have them and intend on wearing them? Or is Madded totally off base with this...they look horrible by the way.

On ESPN, Chris Mortenson is going around to all the camps every day this year. When he visited the Browns training camp, the practice team was wearing the Brown pants.

spacer.png

Brady Quinn love the brown pants!!!

BQ says go brown: Quinn came out strongly in favor of the brown pants after the scrimmage. "These are awesome," he said. "I love 'em. First of all, they're just cool. They're different. And that stripe on the side [of the white pants] prohibits mobility. They're not as loose as these pants. So maybe DA should blame the pants [laughing]."

The Browns dusted off the brown pants last year for their preseason game against the Giants, but shelved them again after getting drilled in the game. But there's been talk they might resurface this year. They will if Quinn has any say in the matter.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...immage_ans.html

This just in: Stripes make you slower. Hide the sharp objects from Lukas.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I've been a Browns fan for 41 years. In those 41 years I have never thought brown pants were a good idea. They're awful. I'd rather see those orange alt jerseys come back before I'd ever want to see those God-awful pants show up anywhere other than some updater/modernizer's wet dream. You simply can't try to add modern flair to what is essentially a throwback uniform. It's like wearing a popped collar polo shirt with a blue pinstripe suit. You're trying to mix two entirely different styles. I am with JQK. They need to burn those brown pants and fire whoever came up with the idea.

And Brady Quinn is an idiot. He should be benched for saying he likes those pants. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Archived