Browns in brown pants?

cableguy

Let the outcry begin. Or at least put some stripes on the f-ing things

Why? Just because that is the way it should be done in the NFL?

If anything, the Browns should have solid orange top socks, with the brown pants. Would give them a "Titans-esque" look (light blue pants and navy socks) and also would match the color of the helmet. They look OK with the brown and orange striped socks; just because it does match the sleeve stripes on the jersey.

The "outcry" in Cleveland should be about the TEAM. Not because they actually got closer to the 21st century with their uniforms. They are headed for 2-14 this year, with that lousy roster.

And, Brady Quinn still sucks.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything, the Browns should have solid orange top socks, whith the brown pants. Would give them a "Titans-esque" look (light blue pants and navy socks) and also would match the color of the helmet. They look OK with the brown and orange striped socks; just because it does match the sleeve stripes on the jersey.

The "outcry" in Cleveland should be about the TEAM. Not because they actually got closer to the 21st century with their uniforms. They are headed for 2-14 this year, with that lousy roster.

how does he suck

he drove the browns down the field twice

threw what should have been a touchdown if not for braylons :censored:ty hands and went 7-11(should have been 8-10 with 1 td and no int)

Are they wearing brown socks with the brown pants?
no they are wearing white ones with brown and orange stripes
Good. That will look way better.

capt3cb2550e993e487abf2.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Did anyone else like the shiny orange pants from a few years back more than the flatter/duller ones from the Sipe era? I grew up in the Kosar era so the Kardiac Kids were before my time and they don't get nostalgia points.

These might be ok with stripes, but they just look too unbalanced with the orange/white/brown progression from helmet to jersey to pants. I did particularly like the white jersey orange pants combo of a few years back though. Orange pants went better with the white jersey than brown IMO.

I think the brown monochrome might actually be tolerable, since the balance issue would be resolved.

Orange pants don't look good with the white jerseys, for some reason. I think it throws off the balance to have all that orange without more brown. The orange/white/brown/white progression is a little clunky, yeah, but I'd say white pants on the road rather than orange. Just me.

the brown monochrome might actually be tolerable

nonononononononono

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think the Brown pants look okay as they are now. I wouldn't mind seeing them in one regular season game. But if they just put stripes on the side of those, it would look so much better. Possibly better than the white pants. The striped socks do make a huge difference. Now if the Browns only realized, "Hey, everything else on all of our uniforms has stripes. Maybe we should put stripes on the brown pants too."

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

They are expected to wear brown pants all season on the road and their traditional white pants at home. That is, unless there is a public outcry.

There was a public outcry last year that put an end to the brown pants. What will make 2009 any different?

They are expected to wear brown pants all season on the road and their traditional white pants at home. That is, unless there is a public outcry.

There was a public outcry last year that put an end to the brown pants. What will make 2009 any different?

Because apparently they don't care much about public outcry, since they just busted them out again.

I agree they need stripes, then they'd be fine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Looks better but still would rather see a 70's era combo of Orange/Brown/Orange at home and Orange/White/Orange on the road. BTW still disappointed to see the Texans going leotard with the Blue socks with the Blue pants. They had a beautiful thing going before when they wore the Red socks with the Blue pants.

Looks better but still would rather see a 70's era combo of Orange/Brown/Orange at home and Orange/White/Orange on the road. BTW still disappointed to see the Texans going leotard with the Blue socks with the Blue pants. They had a beautiful thing going before when they wore the Red socks with the Blue pants.

YES. This probably doesn't deserve its own thread, but it's awful how the Texans are slowly destroying what was a very nice identity. The navy socks with navy pants makes me sad. The all-red uniforms make me angry.

If anything, the Browns should have solid orange top socks, with the brown pants. Would give them a "Titans-esque" look (light blue pants and navy socks) and also would match the color of the helmet. They look OK with the brown and orange striped socks; just because it does match the sleeve stripes on the jersey.

Dennisbergan has spoken. So I guess that settles that.

To answer your question, no not because it's the "way it should be done on the NFL." You add stripes because the pants would look better with stripes and they would provide a better contrast to the rest of the uniform. The look of the pants disappears because they are so dark.

On your "21st century" remark, wearing polyester shirts with leisure suits in the 70's was considered the "latest look" too. We all saw how that worked out. There's a reason the blue pinstriped suit has been around forever dude. Looking classy never goes out of style. Looking like a :censored:-ing clown never lasts.

Finally, even though we're Browns fans, I still think we're smart enough to be able to register outcry over both the uniforms and the quality of the team.

BB52Big.jpg

The socks make a world of difference for the better with the solid brown pants here...it was awful with the solid brown and white socks.

09000d5d811ee941_gallery_600.jpg

Man that looks sweet!!!

I hope they wear that for every road game.

I'm praying for them to go monochromatic for their 2 home prime time games!!! :D

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

The socks make a world of difference for the better with the solid brown pants here...it was awful with the solid brown and white socks.

09000d5d811ee941_gallery_600.jpg

This does look better with the striped socks, but put me in the camp that believes adding stripes to the pants would complete the look (though it would apparently make Brady Quinn slower in the process.)

But Jesus, look at all the exposed kneecaps in that shot. Makes it look like the Browns' uniforms shrunk in the wash. Sloppy.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This does look better with the striped socks, but put me in the camp that believes adding stripes to the pants would complete the look (though it would apparently make Brady Quinn slower in the process.)

But Jesus, look at all the exposed kneecaps in that shot. Makes it look like the Browns' uniforms shrunk in the wash. Sloppy.

If adding stripes on the pants is going to make Brady Quinn so slow, then he should take his knee pads out of his pants. It's not like they are even protecting his knee with how short his pants are.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived