L.a. relocation nfl possible?

Grish

I have heard rumors that San Diego or Indy might be moving to the L.A. market? As anyone heard or know of anything more official.

And on that thought I put together a concept for fun. If you want here is the link:

http://www.angelfire.com/ego/hobogrish/hollywoodstars.html

Keep in mind the uni's are the Miami U's with some additions, comments etc welcome + I went a little "flashy". It will make sense once you see it.

But I would if anyone has heard more then the rumors this weekend on some of the NFL shows, I would be interested to hear more on the L.A. relocation.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well i live in southern Califorina, and i think that if the Colts or chargers were to move, that they should keep the names. I think that its a shame when teams move and change there names, in one instant you lose years of history. But i supose if the new name and uniforms for the team were better then it would be a little easier to deal with.

Well i live in southern Califorina, and i think that if the Colts or chargers were to move, that they should keep the names. I think that its a shame when teams move and change there names, in one instant you lose years of history. But i supose if the new name and uniforms for the team were better then it would be a little easier to deal with.

If it were the Chargers, that would make them the second team (and the second in California!) to return to their original city ... albeit more than 40 years later!

CK3ZP8E.jpg

I certainly hope that Indy can keep the Colts.  I think that's been a really good market for the NFL.  Granted, they need a serious upgrade to their playing facility, but other than that, they've had great fan support and for those who have never been, Indy is a great city and should be considered an "NFL caliber" market.  As for the Chargers, why should the ninth largest city in America lose their team because the second largest city doesn't have one?  Are the Chargers having serious attendance problems?  Perhaps the Chargers can be part of the solution to the "LA problem" by playing one or two home games in LA, just like Green Bay used to do in Milwaukee?  Or perhaps the team should be renamed the Southern California Chargers and they could split 4 and 4?

Nice... BTW what's your fantasy LA NFL team name here?  I assume "Hollywood"; as the Official Only NFL Fan In LA, here's the 411: The Commish last said LA will most likely get an expansion not a relocated team.  Prior to this, the League's

LA Stadium Committee spoke of relocated teams re-naming & re-branding for a move to LA.  The real story is if when & how a suitable football stadium gets built.  The latest ongoing rumor scenario is the new Dodgers owner, whomever they turn out to be, moves the Bums to a new downtown ballpark near Staples Center.  Dodger Stadium in Chavez Ravine would be razed for a new football stadium.  That's my LA NFL story for now & I'm sticking to it!  "It was a bright & sunny day in LA... where there is NO NFL football..."   :cool:

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

*holding his breath that some team chooses Toronto as a place to move to one day*

*holding breath that unless Toronto fans suddenly start buying 20,000 season tickets a year to the team they already have, this never happens*  :angry: :D

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I'm not sure how big the NFL is in Toronto, but I wouldn't mind seeing it happen.  I think the NFL looked into this before (purely speculation) and they must have seen something to hold it back.  Or maybe they thought it wasn't time to move up north.

I'm not sure how big the NFL is in Toronto, but I wouldn't mind seeing it happen.  I think the NFL looked into this before (purely speculation) and they must have seen something to hold it back.  Or maybe they thought it wasn't time to move up north.

The NFL is huge in Toronto... i see lots of posters advertising "NFL Parties" every Sunday, especially around my college.  The two exhibition games the NFL has held here were both sell-outs.

And yes, Toronto's existing football team draws terribly... but why?  simple, it's not the NFL, we like to have the best of the world here, that's seems to be the reason why the CFL is very overlooked in this city.

I heard reports that the NFL considered coming to Toronto in the 70s, but I never found out why they didn't, my only guess would be because we had no stadium good enough for the league.  Apparently even the SkyDome isn't good enough for an NFL team, which is hard to believe.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I'm not sure how big the NFL is in Toronto, but I wouldn't mind seeing it happen. I think the NFL looked into this before (purely speculation) and they must have seen something to hold it back. Or maybe they thought it wasn't time to move up north.

The NFL is huge in Toronto... i see lots of posters advertising "NFL Parties" every Sunday, especially around my college. The two exhibition games the NFL has held here were both sell-outs.

And yes, Toronto's existing football team draws terribly... but why? simple, it's not the NFL, we like to have the best of the world here, that's seems to be the reason why the CFL is very overlooked in this city.

I heard reports that the NFL considered coming to Toronto in the 70s, but I never found out why they didn't, my only guess would be because we had no stadium good enough for the league. Apparently even the SkyDome isn't good enough for an NFL team, which is hard to believe.

i have heard that the reason the NFL did not move to toronto(which they were seriously considering) was becasue Trudeau stepped in and said that that would destroy canadian football, and he wanted the nfl to stay out of canada for that reason.

adn the la issue......i personally dont like seeing 2 teams in the same city, especially when theyre in the same stadium. so maybe if LA could get a stadium for the jets before new york did they could get them.

i know its an awful idea but then pretty much every major city or area in the states has a team and the 32 team system is still kept

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

The NFL is huge in Toronto... i see lots of posters advertising "NFL Parties" every Sunday, especially around my college.  The two exhibition games the NFL has held here were both sell-outs.

And yes, Toronto's existing football team draws terribly... but why?  simple, it's not the NFL, we like to have the best of the world here, that's seems to be the reason why the CFL is very overlooked in this city.

I heard reports that the NFL considered coming to Toronto in the 70s, but I never found out why they didn't, my only guess would be because we had no stadium good enough for the league.  Apparently even the SkyDome isn't good enough for an NFL team, which is hard to believe.

SkyDome not good enough???  3 words: Sun Devil Stadium.  Maybe they're afraid of stepping over the CFL?

If there's a relocation, it'll be the Chargers... they've been trying to find a way to break their lease in SD for nearly three years now.  If they find one, they'll be the ones to go.

As for expansion, I'd hate to see the NFL add two new clubs just for the sake of L.A.  If you're going to expand again, do it like MLB did back in the late 60's - add 4 teams instead of 2.  

In fact, while you're doing that throw 'em all in the same division and get rid of the AFC/NFC designations.  That'd allow one of the four to have a guaranteed playoff spot from year one.  Have 9 divisions of 4 teams.  Have 16 teams (9 division champs, 7 wild cards) make the playoffs.

Now, am I being serious, or facetious? (sp?)  You make the call!

nav-logo.png

i have heard that the reason the NFL did not move to toronto(which they were seriously considering) was becasue Trudeau stepped in and said that that would destroy canadian football, and he wanted the nfl to stay out of canada for that reason.

Pat is correct and that is just one of a handful of reasons why Toronto's NFL team is called the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  The Canadian PM was not in favor of placing an NFL team in Canada for fear it would destroy the CFL for the rest of the nation.  He was also concerned that an NFL team would vanquish the possibility of Toronto landing a second MLB team for Canada and that's what he really wanted seeing as how Canada has a long history with baseball and no competing product.  Also, the owner of the Buffalo Bills (who in 1973 when all of this was going on had only been in the NFL for 3 years) was concerned about bleeding his market given Buffalo's proximity to Toronto.  He was able to get enough of his former AFL cronies on board to talk down the notion of going to Toronto.  Finally, the league ultimately decided that it would be a lower risk gamble to put a second team in Florida (and since the Dolphins were on top of the football world at this time, they didn't feel threatened) rather than take a chance on a lukewarm reception in Toronto.  Incidentally, Seattle was a lock from day 1 - they had been passed over once by the AFL (in favor of Cincinnati) and twice by the NFL (for New Orleans and Atlanta) so this was their due.

Personally I think that the NFL has spent too long flirting with LA. I read a Superbowl program feature once about all the teams who have had LA as there home. Can't the NFL take a hint- LA doesn't want you!!

I actually think the idea of an expansion in the NFL is pretty stupid reallY. I can't think of a really big potential NFL market that isn't served by an existing team one way or another, unless they wanna go to Canada or maybe Mexico or wherever. And I don't think LA would want an expansion team anyway. Would LA fans be able to go through 3-4 years of failure before becoming challengers, somehow I doubt it. If it did happen it surely would be a relocation, and not that many teams are looking for a move are they?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived