NEW D'Backs and Reds Changes(pg 4)

uniguy22

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I don't know if it would get this site in trouble, unless Chris Creamer decided to post it on the website. The only one who would be in trouble would be you, and that would be if the MLB or your source of this information decided to punish you for exposing this possibly confidential information.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Well, I don't know if it would get this site in trouble, unless Chris Creamer decided to post it on the website. The only one who would be in trouble would be you, and that would be if the MLB or your source of this information decided to punish you for exposing this possibly confidential information.

I don't have a source, and how would mlb punish me?

IMO-Words like punish and confidential information might be a clue... you might want to be careful because when MLB is not happy, I bet they can make this site and the users unhappy too... The cease and desist letter is never pretty... We waited this long...we can wait some more.

Make MLB happy and let them do it their way.

Well, I don't know if it would get this site in trouble, unless Chris Creamer decided to post it on the website.  The only one who would be in trouble would be you, and that would be if the MLB or your source of this information decided to punish you for exposing this possibly confidential information.

If you hold a MLB license (which is the only way you could legally have the logos), they can strip you and whatever company you work for of that license as well as throw on some breach of contract lawsuits.

If you don't have a MLB license, they can get you for theft, hacking, and who knows what else. Jail time and six figure fines are a given.

CC would get a nice C&D letter first, since he wouldn't be directly involved. If he didn't comply, he could get shut down.

If Ken Kendrick is anything like John Henry, you cound be in a world of hurt.

Save the slugalo.

MLB announced their official 2007 styleguide for Uniforms...and the most significant change is affecting the 2001 World Series Champion Arizona Diamondbacks...

Gone is the Teal and Purple of their inception...in is a brick red, black and gold look reminicent of the Houston Astros. The D'Backs have kept both of their marks the "A" and the "D" (snake)...but have added a sweet 3rd mark which is an lowercase "db" combo that forms the a snake's head.

Definitely a huge upgrade for the D'Backs as far as their Uni's go...but they do look an awful lot like the Astros.

Walk Design tried his best to but this does not seem to do it justice?

Guess we just go watch the Astros and we'll have it for the DBacks.

Hearing the the D'Backs are changing already makes me want to give major kudos to the Ravens, Jaguars, Panthers, Rockies and Marlins. While BOTH of the 1998 MLB expansion teams look drastically different than they did at their inception, the formerly mentioned teams have retained the same basic look with only minor changes (Marlins font, Ravens ditching the Black pants, some alts for the others, etc.).

What's worse is the the Diamondbacks will now be on their third basic set, with the switch from the pinstripes to solids and now this. It seems like selling caps and jerseys is way more important to MLB than strong brands and identities.

The Devil Rays changes were understandable -- their original look was truly terrible. But Arizona's first overhaul seemed to be enough. I was never a fan of the A or the colors, but they certainly looked respectable.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well, I don't know if it would get this site in trouble, unless Chris Creamer decided to post it on the website.  The only one who would be in trouble would be you, and that would be if the MLB or your source of this information decided to punish you for exposing this possibly confidential information.

If you hold a MLB license (which is the only way you could legally have the logos), they can strip you and whatever company you work for of that license as well as throw on some breach of contract lawsuits.

If you don't have a MLB license, they can get you for theft, hacking, and who knows what else. Jail time and six figure fines are a given.

CC would get a nice C&D letter first, since he wouldn't be directly involved. If he didn't comply, he could get shut down.

What about the Buffaslug though? that was leaked and nothing happened.

What about the Buffaslug though? that was leaked and nothing happened.

yes, but this was released on another board, so we found out about it that way, kind of an indirect way of finding out.

Maybe we should keep our eyes on other D-Backs message boards for it to pop up

FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! CONFIDENTIAL! ILLEGAL!! JAIL TIME! 6 FIGURE FINE!!

I thought this was a logo board, I didn't realize everyone here was a lawyer who liked logos.

That would just be yh, amare32 and me (and maybe some others I don't know about). That being said, there are unnecessary risks to jumping the gun, so let's all exercise a little patience and stopping acting like 4-year-olds waiting for Mom to drop everything and run to the kitchen for the cookie we asked for.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I thought this was a logo board, I didn't realize everyone here was a lawyer who liked logos.

That would just be yh, amare32 and me (and maybe some others I don't know about). That being said, there are unnecessary risks to jumping the gun, so let's all exercise a little patience and stopping acting like 4-year-olds waiting for Mom to drop everything and run to the kitchen for the cookie we asked for.

Agreed, I enjoy visiting these boards and I would hate for a newb to realease more than he needs to and these boards get shut down.

OK, this has become a screaming match of;

"You will go to jail and they will kill your family if you mention that you ever saw an MLB uniform of any kind ever!"

and

"Yes you will go hard jail time and they will burn your house down!"

wait.. those aren't different...

One guy made fun of you guys for being over-protective of someone you dont know saying he might post something that may or may not exist.

I say, post what you've got if you are so inclined. If not, no big deal.

If you do, someone might get mad. But thats their problem. Well, and yours if you violate someone else's trust. There is no way Chris or his site would be culpable in the slightest if someone posted somehting priviliged. They woudl ask him to remove it, he would, end of story. To think otherwise is foolish.

But I'd like to see this supposed image you say you might have. But thats cause I'm a uniform junkie.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'd honestly just like to hear what Chris Creamer has to say. If you want me to post the images on these boards I will. If you want me to post a link to the images on these boards I will. If you want me to never talk about this again and show nobody, I'll do that too. Its up to you boss.

Would describing the changes be a horrible thing, though? I would totally be satisfied with a verbal description.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I'm no Bill Matlock or Perry Mason but its pretty obvious to anyone that knows anything about sports that logos and identities are really important to teams. Any reveal that is not approved by a team is probably not the smartest thing to do, regardless of whether the person is part of an official organization or not....

...That being said, any clues on the changes? :P

Logos - Good

Jail time - bad.

If you want proof, go steal something or leak a major league logo.

Also, anyword in the style guide about the Devil Rays change?

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived