Real logo design contest

CC97

Zoneranger... i liked your state outline-lighting idea, and expounded upon it.

crimson-storm.gif

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice work, Paynomind! :D

Fiasco, I found that bull on some clipart disk I picked up at a yard sale. It's entitled 100,000 pieces of ClipArt and I ran across that bull while looking for a piece of western clipart for some other job!

that's funny, cuz the client claimed that they drew it themselves.....lameasses.

zoneranger..  i swear i'm not trying to step on your stuff intentionally, but i was insired by your bull head, and decided to combine it with the state outline.

crimson-herd.gif

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Thought I'd drag out the old Scorpions logo...crimsonj.jpg

Htdmedia--the head on your cowboy looks a lot like the Rage logo from the old XFL or am I imagining things?

Paynomind--Dammit man! Quit improving my stuff! :D Seriously, once again, nice work, and imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Chris--thanks for posting this contest. If they don't find a winner out of all these great logos--they just ain't trying! Great job everyone!

:)

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

A few suggestions for the scorpions logo, zoneranger.

Drop the shadow... it's unnecessary detail, and in places, it conflicts with the actual position of the scorpion... ie. the tail isn't the same distance from the ground as the legs are... it's actually up in the eair.

Also, to a lesser extent, I think there's a few too many gradients... maybe use the black and red and white, but not a gradients. Just a suggestion, I think I said the same think the first time you rolled that one out.

My logo(s) are still forthcoming... stay tuned. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but they're coming.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Hey yah!

You got one of the elements...it definitely is based upon the old rage logo! I've been playing around with old logos and I thought the shape of that head worked really well.

I don't do all my logos that way. The Rage's logo was just calling me to do something with it!

Here is another. Just a wordmark, but a new mascot idea nonetheless.

crimson-crush.gif

ΓΔΒ!

Here is my first of possibly several entries. You make recognize it from other notable SyPhi Creations productions such as the "Brandon Bulls from the Madden CFL Project" and... well that's just about it... works here I think.

NMSU%20Crimson%20Thunder%20Concept.gif

NMSU Crimson Thunder Logo

Comments, criticisms, questions, suggestions all welcome.

Guess what Sy, I think the silver looks outta place...otherwise great...

Here is my first of possibly several entries. You make recognize it from other notable SyPhi Creations productions such as the "Brandon Bulls from the Madden CFL Project" and... well that's just about it... works here I think.

NMSU%20Crimson%20Thunder%20Concept.gif

NMSU Crimson Thunder Logo

Comments, criticisms, questions, suggestions all welcome.

Guess what Sy, I think the silver looks outta place...otherwise great...

I think so too, maybe try white?

Doh!

As a graduate of New Mexico State I wanted to try my hand at designing some logos for this contest. I thought that Crimson Herd fit the Aggies the best, so I designed a logo with a number of variations. I used some of the elements from the NMSU logos and uniforms I have been working on (they are about 70% done) in the concepts. The logos are posted with and without outlines. Copy and Paste the URL's.

herdlogos1

herdlogos2

Okay, I took everyone's advice for the new, improved Crimson Scorpions logo!!!.............crimson2.jpg

BTW, New Mexico State holds the record for most years since a bowl game appearance for a Division 1-A school. They last appeared in the 1960 Sun Bowl. I'm sure bringing this fact up will endear me to those making the final decision on the logo! :D

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

Archived