Saints in road whites?

ohryan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I assumed they wore white because black is synonymous with death, while white is more of birth color (or rebirth color). Does anyone know the official reason? Hopefully it's not just because Payton coached with the Cowboys.....

Don't hold your breath on that one. That may very well BE the reason the Saints are going white at home--because Payton coached with the Cowboys, and, as a way to put his "stamp" on his tenure, HIS team will now go white at home.

But then--wouldn't they have to go with some funky shade of bluish gold for their pants? Ah you know what--forget it. None of the Saints' golds match anyway...so there you go.

(All this is purely hypothetical and meant as a JOKE...although the basic reasoning could also be 100% TRUTH...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think there is another team that looks pretty good in black and gold... hmm I can't place it... I think they may have won something very big last year... I just can't remember...

The Saints wear gold. The Steelers wear yellow.

No, they don't.

The Saints and 49ers wear metallic gold.

The Packers, Steelers and Vikings wear athletic gold.

There is a distinct difference between yellow and athletic gold. They aren't the same color any more than cornflower and royal blue are the same color.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_%28color%29

No, there isn't.

Yellow is yellow and no amount of gobbledegook wordsmithing isn't going to change the fact that the Chiefs, Squealers, Packers, Vikings and the like wear yellow.

Yellow, as in the color of cowards, mustard and whiz.

"Oh! But we have a little bit of a darker shade of yellow, and so now it's gold! Really and for true! Really it is! The egg I just fried up is athletic gold and not yellow! It's just a shade darker than a canary! So now it's gold! Don't you see?!"

Look at the Saints/9ers/CU Buffs helmets for gold. Those are not yellow.

They might as well wear white at home. That Black Saints jersey (with the miss-mash of gold's) is an eye-sore. Plus, the golds on the jerseys and the pants don't match either.

If the Saints ever decide to clean up their uniform (or update it, like they should), then they could wear black again at home and not look goofy.

There is a distinct difference between yellow and athletic gold. They aren't the same color any more than cornflower and royal blue are the same color.

No, there isn't.

Yellow is yellow and no amount of gobbledegook wordsmithing isn't going to change the fact that the Chiefs, Squealers, Packers, Vikings and the like wear yellow.

Yellow, as in the color of cowards, mustard and whiz.

"Oh! But we have a little bit of a darker shade of yellow, and so now it's gold! Really and for true! Really it is! The egg I just fried up is athletic gold and not yellow! It's just a shade darker than a canary! So now it's gold! Don't you see?!"

Look at the Saints/9ers/CU Buffs helmets for gold. Those are not yellow.

Agreed 100%. Yellow is yellow. +1 for the use of gobbledegook.

I think there is another team that looks pretty good in black and gold... hmm I can't place it... I think they may have won something very big last year... I just can't remember...

The Saints wear gold. The Steelers wear yellow.

No, they don't.

No, there isn't.

Reality is a harsh mistress.

And you're on her bad side. :P

Words mean things. Athletic gold is not yellow. It is yellowish, but it is not yellow.

Unless you're going to make the argument that the Broncos and Giants wear the same color....

I can't even begin to tell you how ironic it is for you to say words mean things and then insist yellow is gold. Shall we squabble over what "is" is now?

The bottom line is this:

Ask someone who isn't an indoctrinated Squealers fan what color pants the team wears. Then ask someone what color merge signs are on the street. If you can find a single soul who ever identifies a merge sign OR those pants as "athletic gold," you will have been witness to an authentic miracle. Repeat this experiment as many times as you like. The answer will be "yellow."

Why?

Because... um... it is yellow.

It's not even a hint of close to gold. No matter how those who are ashamed of the cowardly color they picked for their team are.

This experiment holds true for the Broncos and Giants as well. Because they both wear BLUE. Different shades of blue. Yellow with a teeny bit darker tinge to it is STILL YELLOW.

Which, of course, is not gold.

I can't even begin to tell you how ironic it is for you to say words mean things and then insist yellow is gold.

Yes, words mean things.

No insults or bizarre rants will change that.

Quoting from the internet opinion encyclopedia won't establish bizarre new definitions for gold.

....Sooooooo....how 'bout dem Saints?? 23-3, eh?

I don't care if they wear pink and argyle...my Boys are HOME, and they put on one helluva performance.....I shed many tears last night....made me wish I was right there in that number....

Oh, my 2 cents....if the Steelers wear "Athletic" Gold, when have you seen a Bus that was gold? I DO remember them being Schoolbus yellow....and Jerome looked kinda sorta like a Schoolbus on the field....which is YELLOW :blink:

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

The Saints announced during training camp that they were switching to White as their offical home jerseys.

So this explains why the Bengals have it posted on their website that they'll be wearing black at NO.

Also, i'll get to see the Skins in burgundy for a third time this year (which is probably a record):D.

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

I can't even begin to tell you how ironic it is for you to say words mean things and then insist yellow is gold.

Yes, words mean things.

Quoting from the internet opinion encyclopedia won't establish bizarre new definitions for gold.

Gold doesn't mean metallic.

NFL team colors from the SSUR

Look at some of the colors for "yellow" teams.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Yes, words mean things.

Gold doesn't mean metallic.

NFL team colors from the SSUR

Look at some of the colors for "yellow" teams.

Gold, by definition, means "gold" regardless of what some franchise wants to label it.

This is much like someone saying a rabbit is a squirrel.

No matter how someone fervently insists that the rabbit is indeed a squirrel, and builds a corporate standards labelling every rabbit pictured as a "squirrel," is still just isn't true. It simply makes the one doing the insisting either 1) oblivious to reality or 2) a crazy person.

Just as athletic gold is different from metallic gold, it's also different from maize. I'm not going to get into the argument as to whether the Steelers, Packers, Iowa Hawkeyes and Minnesota GOLDen Gophers are gold or yellow, but if they're indeed "yellow" then Michigan has to be "light yellow." :)

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

I read something somewhere that the Saints are now wearing white at home because Payton believes it's easier for the quarterbacks to see their receivers if they're wearing white. Payton is an offensive-minded coach, so maybe that's the explanation for the thought put into that.

Archived