Saints in road whites?

ohryan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the team's motivation for wearing white at home is some how related to the fact that they wore black during all those "home" games on the road. I found it a bit ironic that now that they finally had a home game, they still left a feeling of a road game with the white jerseys.

Regardless, they played and looked great on Monday night. The Saints have maybe the most underrated jerseys and logos in the NFL and if they cleaned up the gold missmatch and used white numbers on the black jerseys, their black jerseys would be a beautiful as the white ones.

Maybe the team's motivation for wearing white at home is some how related to the fact that they wore black during all those "home" games on the road. I found it a bit ironic that now that they finally had a home game, they still left a feeling of a road game with the white jerseys.

Regardless, they played and looked great on Monday night. The Saints have maybe the most underrated jerseys and logos in the NFL and if they cleaned up the gold missmatch and used white numbers on the black jerseys, their black jerseys would be a beautiful as the white ones.

I'd bet that, if anything, it's part of the recent NFL trend of manufacturing feelings of disrespect for motivational purposes. If you feel more like the away team because you're wearing white, that could feed the "us against the world" mentality.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I can't even begin to tell you how ironic it is for you to say words mean things and then insist yellow is gold.

Yes, words mean things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_%28color%29

No insults or bizarre rants will change that.

In your packersuniforms.com site, you make a distinction between the team's "present yellow" and the proposed "metallic gold" that was shelved in the '90s. Why is the Packers "gold" now not considered to be a euphemism for yellow?

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

....Sooooooo....how 'bout dem Saints?? 23-3, eh?

I don't care if they wear pink and argyle...my Boys are HOME, and they put on one helluva performance.....I shed many tears last night....made me wish I was right there in that number....

:blink:

Agreed!!

I went to seats.com back in May and got tickets to this one. I grew up in N.O. and though I now live near Atlanta, the Saints are my team and I still have family down there so it was a very memorable trip. What an experience and what a game! I have NEVER heard a crowd as loud as this one.

On the thread subject, the Saints wore white at home in their early years and did so in their playoff win over the Rams in 2000, so this isn't any kind of shock to Saints fans. I'd really like the white jersey if they went back to gold numbers with a black outline.

I look forward to seeing how they do this week in Carolina. It's only 250 miles from Atlanta, maybe I can talk my wife into going... :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I think I have a theory on why Payton got the Saints in white...wasn't he the Cowboys OC before? or QB coach, something like that?

Packers gold: to most of us Wisconsinites, it's gold. not the shiny kind the Niners use, but still gold. I'd figure Gothamite sorta had to, cus other folks might only call any shade of gold "gold" if it shines like dem Niners.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I just want to say, for the record, that the Saints home unis are one of the best looks in the NFL, it's clean, neat, and not cluttered. I'd like to see teh rest of the league go back to a simpler look like that. (paging Buffalo, Cincinnati, Minnesota, etc.)

Semantics.

From the above cited wikipedia entry on 'gold': (2nd paragraph)

"The use of gold as a color term in traditional usage is confined to referring to the color "metallic gold"."

I have no problem with Steelers fans or any other team fans referring to their yellowish color as 'gold', but Wikipedia felt the need to clarify that any use of the word 'gold' that does not refer to 'metallic gold' is an exception. In traditional usage, gold = metallic gold. Only in the sports world does yellow = gold. Then of course there is the Golden Gate bridge which is really orange-red. Go figure that one.

Will this mean the Saints will wear black in Pittsburgh and the Steelers will wear white?

Nope. The home team in the NFL picks what jersey they will wear, and the road team has to wear the other color. The Stillers wear black at home, so it looks like the Saints will be in white for the rest of the year.

It may be due to Payton being with the Cryboys...I know Don Coryell made the Chargers wear white at home from 78-83 because of his background with other teams that had done so...and Joe Gibbs took that mentality with him when he left the Chargers for Dan Snyder's Toy NFL Franchise.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Will this mean the Saints will wear black in Pittsburgh and the Steelers will wear white?

Nope. The home team in the NFL picks what jersey they will wear, and the road team has to wear the other color. The Stillers wear black at home, so it looks like the Saints will be in white for the rest of the year.

It may be due to Payton being with the Cryboys...I know Don Coryell made the Chargers wear white at home from 78-83 because of his background with other teams that had done so...and Joe Gibbs took that mentality with him when he left the Chargers for Dan Snyder's Toy NFL Franchise.

DO NOT call them the Cryboys! It's the Clownboys. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Then of course there is the Golden Gate bridge which is really orange-red. Go figure that one.

That's because the name of the bridge comes from its location (the Golden Gate), not its color. The Navy (IIRC) wanted to paint it with black and yellow stripes for greater visibility, but sanity and "international orange" prevailed.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

But then--wouldn't they have to go with some funky shade of bluish gold for their pants?

Bluish gold?

The Saints do look good in their road unis. They would look better with black pants, but white over gold is still a good look. I'd go for gold numbers outlined in black too as long as the black outline was thick enough. (But the name should still be black -- gold outlined in black is too hard to read for names' small size.)

Packers-2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Dallas should wear their blue jerseys at home from now on, and the Redskins do the same with their burgundy jerseys. All other teams, including Bears and Steelers, wearing white jerseys at home should be optional.

The Stillers wear black at home, so it looks like the Saints will be in white for the rest of the year.

The Stillers?

You mean Ben and Jerry Stiller?

Archived