All Star Contest

oilfaninvan

I dont think you'd even see the NHL Shield down there, what with the player gloves going up so high. I would lose those shields on the arms.

Throw the team logo on one of the shoulders, put the Old All-Star Game shoulder patch (the outline of the shield with a star in it) on the other shoulder, and the ASG patch on the front where you already have it.

More patches = More $$ the NHL can charge for ASG jerseys, so I'd assume they'd replace my old shoulder patch idea with the conference logo.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Frylock, those are marvelous. however, there are many small things I think you should do.

Drop the shadow in the numbering and lettering.

Drop the silver, unless that is seam.

Drop the NHL logo on the sleeve.

Move that middle arched stripe down. I like the way the numbers are in it, but due to the height of the stripe the numbers are actually on the shoulder.

Put Team logo on left shoulder.

Put Conference logo on right shoulder.

Do that and it will be even greater than it is now.

Frylock, those are really really sweet! awesome! i love the fact that you'd want to bring back the black and orange!!

cc97, he already said the point was to not have all those patches everywhere, simple is good! and i like the nhl logo on the sleeve, looks cool. maybe a different font for the numbers?

Vancouver 2010 Two Man Luge Gold Medalist.

http://www.geocities.com/oilfaninvan

Hey guys -- Thanks for the feedback!  Sounds like we're on the way to building the perfect beast, or at least a better All-Star jersey. :)

Overall, I really wanted a design that was somewhere between the 1981/82 and 1982/83 jerseys, but with a hint of modern design, like the Sharks jerseys.  I've always liked the sleeve stripes, as they put me in mind of a current version of the original Flyers jersreys.

Regarding the stars, they're staying put!  This is not overkill.  Look at the 1981/82 jerseys from the game in Landover, MD.  Even that's a bit much for me...

Regarding the NHL logo on the sleeves, I thought it was worth a shot.  Oilfaninvan, I'm glad you like the NHL logo on the sleeve, but I think it's best I remove it.  Afterall, I do want a clean and simple look. Chris, I don't think it would be obscured as bad as the Blue Jackets cuff stars or the weird crap on the Predators cuffs.  But I've eliminated them, and I think the jersey probably "flows" better without them.  Good call, folks.

Regarding the silver trim, I put that on the jersey just to jell with the identity crisis the NHL has with the two different league logos.  Since they have a silver/black logo and an orange/black logo, why not include all three colors on the jersey?  It's not as is they clash...

Regarding the logo and conference logos on the shoulders, I'm strongly against them for this design.  I was aiming for a happy medium between old-school colors and a new-school design, and at the same time trying to keep the clutter down, regardless of the stars.  The only logos I'd want on the jersey would be the NHL crest and the All-Star game logo on the right chest.  I'd be willing to add that shield/star logo that Chris suggested (I can't find it on the web, or else I WOULD add it) and I could give in to adding the team logo, but I really don't want to the conference logo.  Ugh...

Regarding the number font, sorry, but that's going to stay the same.  I'm 99.9% set on that particular font.

Guys, give me a few days to put together an updated design.  I think it'll be good...  :)

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Here are a couple of ideas I came up with today. They are based on an old Dallas Stars idea I made a while ago.

Copy and paste, or drag, to view:

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx...Star-West03.gif

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx...Star-East03.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Nice job Frylock and Roger!  School ends for me tomorrow night, so I'll throw in my two kilobytes to it.  It also looks like Homestead could be a the way to go for hosting pics.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I like the concept, Roger, though I have two complains/suggestions:

- One, the stars on the sleeves probably need to be a little smaller.  Not much, but a little bit to make the primary colour (white or blue) stand out more as the primary colour.

- Two, is there somewhere else for the team logo?  I don't like the idea of having it on the bottom hem on the front.

Otherwise, the concept's quite sharp, very creative.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Round two!

I took the suggestions from you guys, and tweaked my jerseys a little bit.  First, I eliminated the NHL logo from the sleeves.  Second, I eliminated the silver trim.  I think it does look a little better without it.  Third, I moved the sleeve stripes towards the cuffs, which did move the numbers down a little bit -- maybe not enough, but hopefully it'll be alright.  Fourth, I tweaked the numbers on the road jersey just a little bit.  Fifth, I added the team and conference logos to the shoulders.  I'm still not down with that, but oh well...  I did, however take STL's suggestion and recolored the logos to match the orange and black theme.  Keep in mind, everything I do is in MSPaint, so it's not perfect.  :)

The links...

All-Star Road

All-Star Home

Let me know whatcha think!

BTW -- I don't want to turn this into a thread about website providers, but Homestead has worked well for me.  Costs a bit of money, but I do have a decent amount of storage space and bandwidth.  I have my regular site, game worn jersey collection, and jersey concepts up and running with no problems.  ++frantically knocking on wood++

Does anyone have the All-Star shield logo used from 1983-1993?  Also does anyone have the star thats on the All-Star unis this year?  No, not the Florida ASG logo.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

FRYLOCK- i like how u brought back the old times, they look great. except i duno about that "orange:

heres my shot..

EAST

West

i kno that the ASG jerseys are supposed to be out of the ordinary and a funkier style than others but i like traditional. gimme sum feedback. i kno i need to fix the east b/c i REALLY messed up.

untitled-1.png

Wow, I like a Snowcap design.  What happened?  (Kidding! Kidding! ;) )

Only thing I'd do is lessen the angle on the shoudlers, so that it leaves more room between the shoulder trim and the sleeve trim.  Numbers need to go in there, after all.

And maybe lose the 3-D numbers/letters.

Nice looking concept, though.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Frylock,

I happened to be looking at NHLUniforms.com, and i came upon the Canucks V jerseys. Now maybe those aren't the best jerseys to imitate, but the numbers on those appear to be in about the same spot as your newest ones. If it has been done before maybe it doesn't look as bad as I thought. I thought it to be weird and funny almost on the shoulders. However, it may be just fine.

Sorry it's taken me a while to reply to this thread...

STL and sNOwcAp -- Thank you for the compliments!  It always means a lot to me when I get feedback -- especially when it's positive!  :cool:

sNOwcAp -- Glad you like the retro look.  The shade of orange might be a little off, but it was the closest I could get.  Regardless of what the Flyers and Isles have done, orange needs to make a comeback!

STL -- Glad you like the changes!  Believe it or not, the conference logos on are starting to grow on me.  Maybe since I haven't looked at these jerseys in a week, I'm getting a different perspective.  Dunno...

Very interesting point about the Canucks "Flying-V" jerseys!  I checked out NHLuniforms.com as well as www.dropthepucks.com, and you're right about the number position.  The thing is, the Canucks jerseys had a thinner font than the drop-shadow I'm using, so it still might be a problem for my ASG jerseys.  However, I think the numbers on my jersey seem to be just a little bit more towards the cuff.

Then again, I could be out of it...  It is almost 1:30 in the morning -- not my most intellectual time of the day!  :laugh:

Archived