Seahawks Jerseys

nwtrailtrekker

seeing as (for me at least) the "New Poll" option in the "Polls Only" section is missing,

i'll just start a discussion here

I'm interested to know if people prefer the old seahawks unis/helmets/logo compared to the newer set.

since the newer ones came out i've always prefered the newer set easily, mostly because being a hawks fan since 6 years old i got tired of the..."boringness" of the old set,

now, a few years after the change, i kinda miss the old set. more or less, i miss the memories of the team assosiated in my head with the sea blue and kelly green, (basiclly, its memories of nationally ignored frustrating 8-8 seasons). i kinda wish they'd throw in a throwback blue jersey for one home game yearly.

anyways, i want your opinion on this

which do you prefer?

seahawksoldandnew.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seeing as (for me at least) the "New Poll" option in the "Polls Only" section is missing,

i'll just start a discussion here

I'm interested to know if people prefer the old seahawks unis/helmets/logo compared to the newer set.

since the newer ones came out i've always prefered the newer set easily, mostly because being a hawks fan since 6 years old i got tired of the..."boringness" of the old set,

now, a few years after the change, i kinda miss the old set. more or less, i miss the memories of the team assosiated in my head with the sea blue and kelly green, (basiclly, its memories of nationally ignored frustrating 8-8 seasons). i kinda wish they'd throw in a throwback blue jersey for one home game yearly.

anyways, i want your opinion on this

which do you prefer?

seahawksoldandnew.png

I like the new helmets and jerseys, but dont think they should wear monotone. (dark jersey and pants together)

metslogo_215.gif

I agree with the idea of a throwback jersey game once a year. The Seahawks had a lot of history in those uniforms, and it would be a nice nod to the past.

However, since switching to the all-blue, they've become one of the marquee franchises in the NFL. Their new colors fit the Seattle sky, fit their fancy new stadium, and fit the forward-thinking Seattle in general. I didn't like their monochrome look at first, but now I think it suits them.

If only the Cardinals would switch back to their perfect (and best in the NFL) uniforms of the late 90s/early 2000s, the NFC West would be the best-looking division in pro sports. Yeah, that's right.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I agree with the idea of a throwback jersey game once a year. The Seahawks had a lot of history in those uniforms, and it would be a nice nod to the past.

However, since switching to the all-blue, they've become one of the marquee franchises in the NFL. Their new colors fit the Seattle sky, fit their fancy new stadium, and fit the forward-thinking Seattle in general. I didn't like their monochrome look at first, but now I think it suits them.

If only the Cardinals would switch back to their perfect (and best in the NFL) uniforms of the late 90s/early 2000s, the NFC West would be the best-looking division in pro sports. Yeah, that's right.

I understand if your are not a fan of the more modern look the Cardinals went to (I am though), but the uniforms you refer to were awful. Wouldn't take too much to change them from awful to pretty nice, but they're was just nothing happening in them, and well, they just weren't good, not even from an ubertraditional standpoint.

I agree about the NFC West though. In fact, they might earn that title right now, though, like I said, I understand some people not liking the Cards modern look.

I also think the Niners could afford to make a couple tweaks.

I understand if your are not a fan of the more modern look the Cardinals went to (I am though), but the uniforms you refer to were awful. Wouldn't take too much to change them from awful to pretty nice, but they're was just nothing happening in them, and well, they just weren't good, not even from an ubertraditional standpoint.

I agree about the NFC West though. In fact, they might earn that title right now, though, like I said, I understand some people not liking the Cards modern look.

I also think the Niners could afford to make a couple tweaks.

I'm glad we agree on the goodness of the NFC West.

But really, you don't like the understated beauty of these?

PtillmanAz.jpg

starksaz.jpg

The pant stripe, the helmet, the stark boldness of the numbers all add up to the perfect uniform for me. Their unfortunate forays into monochrome in those unis aside, I thought that although the team was often terrible, they at least looked good.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't do anything for me at all:

EdgeAri.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The old uniforms are 1000x better in every possible way. The old colors were great, and possibly the most underutilized color combo in sports. The new colors are not very good.

The new uniforms on their own (component by component) are decent at best, but when the Seahawks wear them in the manner they do (all white on the road, all blue at home) it is among the worst looks in the history of professional sports. Yes, that includes the Broncos verticle striped socks. The Seahawks took a huge step backwards with the new uniforms.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I miss the colors of the old jersey as well as the large seahawk on the sleeve, but the new jerseys fit the current league much better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Fit the Seattle sky? Forward-thinking Seattle? Who are you, Frazier Crane or the head of the Seattle Chamber of Commerce? :D

Marquee franchise? Hmmm...

Hey, I'm just having fun with you, no offense intended. Back to the uni's...the new ones are awful in monochrome. As has been discussed (at length) in this forum, their original intent was to wear the white pants with the blue jerseys and that's an outstanding look. The blue pants should be worn with the road white jersey only, if at all. I'm a fan of white-on-white myself so if they just burned the blue pants it would be ok with me.

Now to my #1 gripe about Seattle's uniforms: that ridiculously undersized sleeve logo (below) that's almost invisible on TV and nearly smaller than the Reebok logo. It just looks stupid (a word I usually try to avoid using) and whoever designed/approved it should be fired.

alexander_80973.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The new ones aren't bad, but the old ones were fantastic. My 2 main gripes with the new one are the monochromatic uniforms and the blue helmets. I think the gray prototype helmets looked much better.

I forgot about the grey helmet. Didn't they let the fans vote as to which (new) helmet they would go with?

Anybody have a picture of the grey helmet that didn't make the cut?

I like the new uniforms better than the old. The old ones reminded me of Detroit/Dallas with a splash of green. I just wish they'd wear the white pants all the time and deep six the blue ones.

my main issue i have is the monochrome look. i'm not a big fan of this for most teams, save for an alternate but not full time. i wouldn't mind if they went with either white or silver/silver blue or something to give some contrast to the jersey instead of being dark blue overkill. its the same with the bills, switch to light pants for the dark jersey and it would be at least acceptable.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

"It fits forward-thinking Seattle"

Looking like a dull smurf = progressive!

The new logo and uniforms are an improvement. The only changes I can think of would be to wear them as intended, blue/white and white/blue, and maybe add some green trim to the numbers, because the blue trim doesn't offer enough enough contrast with the other shade of blue.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived