Your least favorite football uniform design element?

OldRamsFan

What common football uniform deisgn element makes you really cringe when you see it?

I cringe whenever I see jersey side panels that are a different color than the rest of the jersey. I will never forget my reaction when I first saw the Broncos in their side stripe unis. I thought "what a ridiculous idea for a uniform". I never thought that so many teams would follow suit. Then, in 2000 my beloved Rams got gold side panels, and I was upset. But 2 years later, they made it right by getting rid of them.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

shoulder designs on white uniforms that require white lettering on a white jersey, to read...

does that make sense?

the bengals and cardinals look retarded.

titans, i've got no problems with.

also, i hate titans/ravens helmet stripes.

I don't mind the side panel that much on the jersey. But, i do not like how the Bengals and Vikes, put a little splash of the jersey side panel color at the top of the pants stripe. Thinking "OK, this transfers rather nicely!" It's a lame way to tie it in to the jersey.

I second that emotion. I also don't care for the team logo on the back (above the name). Although, with sleeves disappearing, I guess you have to put a logo somewhere.

Weirdo piping like on Arizona, U of Miami, U of Illinois and others. It makes the players look like super-heroes more than football players and makes me feel queasy about what Reebok has in store for the NHL.

Apparently, ultra-tight uniforms equal crazy design elements all over without a modicum of hesitation.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Side panels are god-awful, and so are the "bib" effect going on with the Bills. Also, the piping on the Cardinals jersey (and Minnesota now) are just non-sensical and look awful.

Socks that are the same color as the pants.

Amen! The dreaded leotard look, that just proves my theory that NFL players don't know how to dress.

Also miss the days of shoulder stripes (Colts...and old school Vikings and Pats), now replaced by the modern tapered shoulder stripe.

6. More than one of the same color pants. (Browns, do you really need two white pants that just vary the width of stripes)

5. Leotard look.

4. Side panels (Bengals and Vikings white panels on their colored jerseys.)

3. Throwbacks for the heckofit. If you wanna change back, do it already. PS you're throwback helmets are crap (Chargers, Bills)

2. White at home. I'm sick of teams wearing white for like 13 games and dark for 3. It especially irks me when you wear white at home vs. your division rival and then in a few weeks down their place, you both have the same gear on.

1. GRAY MASKS Unless you are the Cowboys or the Raiders when gray/silver is in your scheme, you don't need to look "retro" with a gray mask (Colts, Browns, Cards)

KISSwall09.jpg

Sleeve logos that just repeat the helmet logo are redundant. Patriots, 49ers, Falcons, Cowboys blue, Panthers, Dolphins, Saints, Seahwawks in the NFL ... there may be even some guilty parties in the college ranks.

Sleeves are disappearing anyway. If you're going to put something there, let it be either a number, or a team logo that doesn't just duplicate the helmet decal.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Socks that are the same color as the pants.

Saw this in here a couple times. It looks so stupid. There are a bunch of better solutions. Leotard is not one of them.

Sleeve logos that just repeat the helmet logo are redundant. Patriots, 49ers, Falcons, Cowboys blue, Panthers, Dolphins, Saints, Seahwawks in the NFL

I think this can be a good place for a secondary symbol, but it's rarely taken advantage of. Do y'all remember the Dolphins unis with 6 of the same logo on them?

But right now the peave that comes to mind is the Reebok logo on NFL uniforms getting in the way of the jersey design. It pushes stripes and numbers around like a repulsing magnet.

Well, maybe another design element that just irritates me are the Cardinals white armpits. WHY do they have to be there?!

Shoulder panels (like the Titans have), right arm being a different color on the undershirt than the left arm, side stripes that don't match top to bottom (Vikings you have been warned) and that stupid "crosshatch" look that teams like Oregon are going with. That's not cute. Stop that.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

The pants stripes used by the Falcons and Cardinals that wander off into piping near the knee. Ridiculous.

Close behind are "arc stripes" like the Broncos wear on their jerseys AND pants.

"Incomplete" helmet stripes (Ravens, Titans, Panthers, Broncos).

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived