Australian Football League 2007 thread

Primal

After the success of the 2006 thread, I thought I'd get in early and set a thread in motion for the 2007 season. Obviously the biggest issue for 07 will be the introduction of mandatory clash jumpers, although the exact usage pattern for them seems far less than settled.

Only one club (West Coast) has announced a change to its home jumper for 2007 at this stage. The fate of all current away jumpers has yet to be confirmed, but they are probably gone.

Clash jumpers announced so far:

Adelaide:

Red clash jumper from 2006

Brisbane:

Yellow clash jumper 2006

Carlton:

White jumper with navy CFC monogram and navy side panels

Collingwood:

White with black stripes (as used in Heritage Round 2006)

Essendon:

Black with much wider red sash [still being discussed with the AFL?]

Fremantle:

White clash jumper from 2006

Geelong:

Navy jumper with three white claw marks across the chest

Hawthorn:

[unknown]

Kangaroos:

Royal blue jumper with white V (as used in Heritage Round 2004)

Melbourne:

Port Adelaide:

A mainly silver jumper is being prepared by Reebok

Richmond:

Black jumper with yellow sash, yellow side panels, and black numbers on a white panel

St Kilda:

White with black/red stripes clash jumper from 2006

Sydney:

[unknown]

Western Bulldogs:

[unconfirmed... rumoured to be a mainly white jumper]

West Coast:

[unconfirmed. Thought to be a white jumper with navy wings and gold trim ... but there is conflicting information on the fate of the royal blue jumper]

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the success of the 2006 thread, I thought I'd get in early and set a thread in motion for the 2007 season. Obviously the biggest issue for 07 will be the introduction of mandatory clash jumpers, although the exact usage pattern for them seems far less than settled.

Only one club (West Coast) has announced a change to its home jumper for 2007 at this stage. The fate of all current away jumpers has yet to be confirmed, but they are probably gone.

Clash jumpers announced so far:

Adelaide:

Brisbane:

Yellow clash jumper 2006

Carlton:

White jumper with navy CFC monogram and navy side panels

Collingwood:

White with black stripes (as used in Heritage Round 2006)

Essendon:

Black with much wider red sash [still being discussed with the AFL?]

Fremantle:

White clash jumper from 2006

Geelong:

Navy jumper with three white claw marks across the chest

Hawthorn:

[unknown]

Kangaroos:

Royal blue jumper with white V (as used in Heritage Round 2004)

Melbourne:

Port Adelaide:

A mainly silver jumper is being prepared by Reebok

Richmond:

Black jumper with yellow sash, yellow side panels, and black numbers on a white panel

St Kilda:

White with black/red stripes clash jumper from 2006

Sydney:

[unknown]

Western Bulldogs:

[unconfirmed... rumoured to be a mainly white jumper]

West Coast:

[unconfirmed. Thought to be a white jumper with navy wings and gold trim ... but there is conflicting information on the fate of the royal blue jumper]

Of the new ones, here's a few I've collected or drawn.

Richmond-Clash-2007.gifRichmond

Essendon-2007.gif Essendon

WCEClashWithWings.jpg West Coast

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

can't wait to see what the Port silvers look like. these next few months should be interesting, fellas.

I can wait. I've heard its going to be half silver half teal. I hope I've heard wrong because its going to look awful.

This will be North's new logo as of next year. Good to see North Melbourne Football club back on the logo. As for the logo itself its ok but they could have done much better. I like the silver as well, it sort of justifies them using it in their many jumpers

kangaslogo.jpg

i am going to buy the new kangaroos jumper when it comes out.

What new jumper is this? The heritage come new clash jumper or are they making a new jumper to go with the new logo?

I have heard the new logo will be on a new jumper.

They are only allowed two permanent jumpers (and any number of one-offs), the striped one is Light, so the new one has to be mostly blue (Dark).

Expect it will be something closer to the old Away jumper, before they changed to the current Away jumper.

Their Marketing Plan allows for new jumpers at least every two seasons, so they can maximise revenue.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I found out today that Brisbane Lions will not be using their Gold jumper any more.

It's worse.

The new Clash jumper is White, with the same Lion around the middle, extending from front to back, and it also has claw marks on the left shoulder.

My impression:

An act of vandalism.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

They really need to lose the wraparound lion obssession. A yellow/gold jersey with some sort of maroon and blue trim would suffice.

liverpool-1.png

Brisbane need to redo their logo altogether, i understand the Fitzroy thing, but the lion (if you pull it apart in illustrator) is very ugly. I had an idea for them actually, they could take one of Fitzroy's old jumpers and replace the FFC with a their lion, so it could be the Brisbane Lions currents with white lion, or white lion with majority red with e the blue thing at the top.

I'm not sure I'm liking the idea of a silver jumper, teal was ok, but silver yeh pass.

Sydney, Hawthorn I believe do not clash with anyone (apart from the umpires) i think thats what the AFL has said and therefore wont need a clash.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I found out today that Brisbane Lions will not be using their Gold jumper any more.

It's worse.

The new Clash jumper is White, with the same Lion around the middle, extending from front to back, and it also has claw marks on the left shoulder.

Oh dear... so maroon and white only? No gold or blue anywhere?

Makes sense I suppose, seeing as they've got a new jumper sponsor for 07.

It's worse.

Oh dear... so maroon and white only? No gold or blue anywhere?

Don't know.

Perhaps the Claw marks and/or collar and cuffs feature Royal and Gold.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

It's worse.

My impression:

An act of vandalism.

oy. the gold one was a piece of crap as it was, they found a way to make it worse :puke:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

can't wait to see what the Port silvers look like. these next few months should be interesting, fellas.

I can wait. I've heard its going to be half silver half teal. I hope I've heard wrong because its going to look awful.

Well its awful as predicted. This surpassed any Fremantle jumper. The old clash isnt looking so bad now. Death to Reebok.

2ylac11.jpg

All these teams designing clash strips in exactly the same colours as their normal kits are really rendering the exercise pointless.

No-one has dared to break out a different colour at all yet unless you count that WCE white jumper.

liverpool-1.png

Well its awful as predicted. This surpassed any Fremantle jumper. The old clash isnt looking so bad now. Death to Reebok.

2ylac11.jpg

Well, to all those who pushed for Clash jumpers all round, I trust you're pleased with yourselves.

Port Adelaide, one of the oldest, traditional football clubs in the code are going to do that to their supporters.

I can offer no more than shake my head in sorrow.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Port Adelaide, one of the oldest, traditional football clubs in the code are going to do that to their supporters.

As opposed to what after they unveiled the previous abomination?

[Hmmm...they've taken the pictures down over at BigFooty at the club's request because apparently "the design is not finalised".]

[Hmmm...they've taken the pictures down over at BigFooty at the club's request because apparently "the design is not finalised".]

Yeah its not "official" yet. If you go to the Port board you will see the reaction. We can only hope its some sort of trick. God speed.

Yeah its not "official" yet. If you go to the Port board you will see the reaction. We can only hope its some sort of trick. God speed.

Roarsa,

You know my parents brought me up right, so I can't stand Port Adelaide.

But for the sake of all things sacred, I hope they don't do that to you.

Hopefully you'll get an email one day soon and they'll be asking for some of the stuff you've done.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

All these teams designing clash strips in exactly the same colours as their normal kits are really rendering the exercise pointless.

I disagree. Most clashes can be broken without resorting to colour changes. Adelaide, Carlton, Fremantle and Geelong (thus far) appear to have excellent clash jumpers that also look good while using traditional colours.

Clash jumpers can easily be done well, and it's unfortunate that more are not.

Archived