Australian Football League 2007 thread

Primal

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these teams designing clash strips in exactly the same colours as their normal kits are really rendering the exercise pointless.

I disagree. Most clashes can be broken without resorting to colour changes. Adelaide, Carlton, Fremantle and Geelong (thus far) appear to have excellent clash jumpers that also look good while using traditional colours.

Clash jumpers can easily be done well, and it's unfortunate that more are not.

Yeah but the predominate colour of those you've mentioned is different at least. Richmond and Essendon seem more concerned with making the AFL look foolish! :D

liverpool-1.png

heh we once wore yellow as a clash jumper, then the club discovered the 2003 Heritage is a trillion times better, and the day we ditched those yellow jumpers couldnt have sooner, well it could have maybe.

fixture is released this week so we should be able to see when heritage round is, late in the season as usual is my bet

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Well its awful as predicted. This surpassed any Fremantle jumper. The old clash isnt looking so bad now. Death to Reebok.

2ylac11.jpg

oy...they should either revise this...

Port-Away-2003.gif

...or make a teal version of this...

Port-Away-2000.gif

cus this new one looks like garbage. I'm having trouble deciding which looks worse, this or Brisbane's clash.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I was just looking on ebay for melbourne jerseys and i came across a home replica. Only problem is it has navy blue arm sleeves. Bein a demon supporter, am I missing something?

Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MELBOURNE-DEMONS-JU...1QQcmdZViewItem

(I dont know how to attatch photos yet, sorry guys)

All AFL licensed jumpers carry the little logo down at the bottom corner with the Asics logo (in Melbourne's case) and the AFL approved stick man thing.

As this jumper has neither this patch, or has the correct coloured cuffs, I therefore call it a knock-off.

It's not even a Sekem, league approved replica, it's something somone's made.

I would also answer the seller's question "why pay full price in a store..." with "because then I would get an authentic Melbourne jumper".

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

very good point. My cousin was going to going to try and get it and try to get people to believe it was the new design. But i told him not to waste his money. Its amazing how people try and get away with junk like that.

great job on the afl boards so far guys, keep up the good work, and go dees!!!

And while im here, any word on the confirmed new sponsor for the Lions. Id heard vodafone was the company to inject even more money into an already cashed up club, since the withdrawl of aapt as their premier partner.

artest.jpg

very good point. My cousin was going to going to try and get it and try to get people to believe it was the new design. But i told him not to waste his money. Its amazing how people try and get away with junk like that.

great job on the afl boards so far guys, keep up the good work, and go dees!!!

And while im here, any word on the confirmed new sponsor for the Lions. Id heard vodafone was the company to inject even more money into an already cashed up club, since the withdrawl of aapt as their premier partner.

Yep, Vodafone is their new sponsor.

They also sponsor Port's Away/Clash jumpers.

And when they wear it, it will look a bit like this:

Port-Clash-Uniform.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Next years heritage round will be round 14 with Fremantle unlikely be allowed to wear their red and white design due to a clash with Sydney. The AFL do it again, same :censored: different teams. At least the AFL has no excuse for Port this year facing the Bulldogs.

That new clash jumper looks pathetic. i think the power heirarchy could have come up with something better than that. so far ihave liked all the port jerseys, but this one i can not understand. why didnt they just come up with an all teal or grey jumper. the jagged striping takes away what could have been a really good jumper, if it had have been left either grey or teal.

Note to port people: KEEP THINKIN'.

artest.jpg

That new clash jumper looks pathetic. i think the power heirarchy could have come up with something better than that. so far ihave liked all the port jerseys, but this one i can not understand. why didnt they just come up with an all teal or grey jumper. the jagged striping takes away what could have been a really good jumper, if it had have been left either grey or teal.

Note to port people: KEEP THINKIN'.

Supposedly they've been thinking too much.

The design is supposed to represent the old style Port prison bars, but not to directly portray them.

Same with the triangles on the last Clash jumper.

They should bite the bullet and either move on from the past completely, or embrace it by using the prison bars design.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

that's what those triangles were supposed to be? and that's what this crap is supposed to represent? I don't see it in either, to be honest.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

can't wait to see what the Port silvers look like. these next few months should be interesting, fellas.

I can wait. I've heard its going to be half silver half teal. I hope I've heard wrong because its going to look awful.

Well its awful as predicted. This surpassed any Fremantle jumper. The old clash isnt looking so bad now. Death to Reebok.

2ylac11.jpg

Totally unorigional. Bolton Wanderers are using this same design on their practice jerseys

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

can't wait to see what the Port silvers look like. these next few months should be interesting, fellas.

I can wait. I've heard its going to be half silver half teal. I hope I've heard wrong because its going to look awful.

2ylac11.jpg

Totally unorigional. Bolton Wanderers are using this same design on their practice jerseys

85_MVC-031S.JPG

Ugh! Well they are both sponsored by RBK. That would explain it. I wonder if any NHL team will have a design like that :P

I saw, I came, I left.

The silver on teal looks crap. It blends into a drab, ugly mess around the edges of the silver blob. The silver gives the illusion of extra-width side panels and very little in the centre.

Ditch the silver crap and add white lightning trim to the side and you have something simple and wearable.

sig.png

The 10 year moratorium is up, as is the 3 years where they had to wear different jumpers against Collingwood.

As for a Clash jumper, the old lightning bolt preseason jumper was different enough

What is this 10 year deal I keep hearing of? Is it we could wear prison bars, B&W prison bars or just during heritage round themes?

Anyway here's the new clash. It looks better in real life but its still horrible.

015564ac.jpg

Archived