30 Days, 30 NHL Teams

Brass

Alright guys, now time for the Buffalo Sabres. This one, believe it or not, took the longest. But I knew I wanted to do 4 things with this design.

-Emphasize SABRES, not Buffaloes.

-Blue and Yellow.

-NO Goathead.

-NO Buffaslug.

So with emphasizing the SABRES, I thought I would make that the primary and use the classic Sabres logo as the shoulder/alt logo. Anyway, here it is:

Sabres_Set.png

The best one yet. Period. Both compared to their real life counterparts and to what youve done so far. Keep up the great work.

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright guys, now time for the Buffalo Sabres. This one, believe it or not, took the longest. But I knew I wanted to do 4 things with this design.

-Blue and Yellow.

-NO Goathead.

-NO Buffaslug.

So with emphasizing the SABRES, I thought I would make that the primary and use the classic Sabres logo as the shoulder/alt logo. Anyway, here it is:

Sabres_Set.png

I much prefer this to the uniforms Buffalo uses now. All of your concepts are very well done.

Alright, now time for the Calgary Flames. I currently like what the Flames wear, but I made some minor changes. Overall, I ditched the Horse logo that they use. I don't even think they use the black jersey, but I used that and throught the primary Flames logo on the front. As for the alternate, I brought back the late 80's version, red jersey that they wore when they won the Stanley Cup in 1989. Anyway, without further ado, here are the Calgary Flames:

Flames_Set.png

As for the numbers on the sleeves, I never have really added them to a jersey. I don't know why, but I just think numbers on the sides are unnessesary in sports when there is a huge number on the back, but's just my opinon. Anyway, C&C is always welcome.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I think the flames road uniform look horrible with black pants. There's practically no black in the jersey so they end up looking like one of those throwback jersey teams that's too cheap to spring for matching pants.

I'd like to see them go back to red shorts...

As for the concepts here--love the throwback--I still think that's the best jersey they had--and the white ones too.

But given the choice between a black or red home jersey--I'd go for the red--black is okay for the 3rd ina way--but I'd prefer to see the team cutback way on black...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The defending Stanley Cup champions are next. I tried to incorporate the Hurricanes flag thing in the jersey a little more, and gave them the same style as the Hartford Whalers wore in their final season. Also, I altered their shoulder logo slightly, adding another flag to the stick to try to be more accurate. Anyway, here it is:

Hurricanes_Set.png

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The 'Canes set is very nice. I would lose the flags on the socks though, it seems like to mutch, and I'm not sure it would look as nice when put onto actuall hockey sock material.

Also, I would chose either the red or black pants, not both.

-Blue and Yellow.

-NO Goathead.

-NO Buffaslug.

Sabres_Set.png

Not a big fan of the yellow one, but the home and away are great. I never liked the way their blue jersey had no white on it.

Ducks- Overall I like. Although I don't know if they can legally use the old logo anymore. I think that may still belong to Disney becasue of the movie tie-in and that was one of the reasons for the change.

Thrashers- I like it. I don't like the alt but since it is here to stay it should stay an alt.

Boston- Again well done. However I think the B-spoke logos you used are too dated. I would use the modernized one they currently use. IMO it looks much better.

Sabres- I don't like the shoulders on the white and alt. To me the shoulders like that just scream 70's and 80's.

Flames- This one I like the least. Drop the black one and replace with a red jersey with white C.

Carolina- Too much black. I also don't think the hurricane pattern works on the socks and pants.

A few things overall. One I would stick to 1 pair of pants for each team. Also I would ditch all of the pants stripes. They are for the most part too bulky and big. Pants stripes in hockey don't really work unless they a simple and on the thin side. Also I don't think the pattern stripes (think Atlanta & Carolina) work on the socks. It's too small of an area for them. Also I think you put the stripes on the socks too high.

Overall though they are pretty good. Good Job.

Anaheim Ducks - Pretty good. Though I don't think it would be necessary to use the old "Mighty Ducks" logo since they are no longer owned by Disney.

Atlanta Thrashers - Near Perfect. However, I would have the powder blue unis remain their home primaries (due to its popularity among its fans) while I have the navy blue unis as their alternates.

Boston Bruins - Good job. I would've kept the current "Spoked-B" logo but still a good job nonetheless.

Buffalo Sabres - A little too "old-school-ish" for me but its still an improvement over the current unis with that dreaded "Buffaslug".

Calgary Flames - Looks good, although I would make the current home unis they have their alternates.

Carolina Hurricanes - Perfect... Even though the black unis should be their alternates!

YOZXkBG.png?1

Archived