Warriors retro jersey

DEAD!

:P those aren't RETRO, those are mothballed relics. Yuck!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

These are surely among the best throwbacks in the NBA. The Warriors went into great detail with the whole set. I saw pics from their game against the Knicks. They had entire warm-up sets and also wore the high yellow and blue striped socks during the game.

wow.... i dont hate these... maybe im getting soft

those aren't RETRO, those are mothballed relics. Yuck!

Are you people nuts? That jersey is great...

what i said i didnt hate them... i like them... i was just making the point that often these retro/alternate looks get trashed quickly

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Warriors can't bring these back because they are full of SF references (cable cars, "The City"), and the team plays in Oakland now. SF fans might like it, but Oakland fans simply will not stand for that. A friend of mine from Oakland once said a few years ago that they were planning on changing the team's name to the Oakland Warriors. From an initials standpoint, it makes sense.

I wish they would bring back the old blue and yellow CA map logo, which was pretty tight.

Warriors can't bring these back because they are full of SF references (cable cars, "The City"), and the team plays in Oakland now. SF fans might like it, but Oakland fans simply will not stand for that. A friend of mine from Oakland once said a few years ago that they were planning on changing the team's name to the Oakland Warriors. From an initials standpoint, it makes sense.

I wish they would bring back the old blue and yellow CA map logo, which was pretty tight.

How does having the initials OW make sense?? Personally I love these jerseys. No-one in there right minds would design these now, which I reckon is one of the best things about these retro nights!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Heinous, considering they play in that dump town Oakland now, which can never be referred to as "The City"...  Oh, and the Warriors will never change their name to the "Oakland Warriors".  That was wishful thinking on the part of a few Oakland politicos when the new downtown practice facility was completed.  The vast majority of the team's fanbase hails from outside Oakland proper, a name change would not go over, especially with Golden State having achieved a certain cachet of uniqueness.

Personally, I prefer the Sleepy Floyd-era Warriors uniforms of the mid-80s.

You know there are some old jersyes taht may have been bad but have a classic feelk to them that it makes them good. Thats how I would describe these they are classic, and seeing them makes me think of Rick Barry.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived