Sonics retro

ykiki

I like those, pretty cool.  I think the headband style is funny.  Like how Josh Howard of the Mavs wears his.  I don't really like the headband, but if they're going to wear them, than I'd rather laugh than be annoyed by them.  Anyways anyone see the one SLAM magazine a while back it had Gary Payton in a throwback, it was pretty cool, sorta like this one.  Anyways, good photo.
NewWCRSig.gif

i think they just should have brought back the ones from the shawn kemp, gary payton, detlef schrempf era those were awesome for thier time

You mean the same ones that they wore when they lost to Denver in '94? :D

BTW, have you seen the picture from Atlanta versus Indiana? UGH!  :P

I saw, I came, I left.

The way he is wearing that headband Ray Allen looks like the guy in the commercial with Ben Wallace you know who I mean he did the hockey commerical with Jeremy Roenick and football one with Warren Sapp.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tracy Morgan!

W. Sapp, you ready to play some football?

You don't play football.

Ah-hah-hah..Every day I do. ESPN NFL Football with the first person feature.

What's that? That little birdy's talkin' to me again, he's sayin Sapp can't catch me. Sapp too slow.

Whanna whanna waaaaaah!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I love those commercials...maybe a little too much.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

i think they just should have brought back the ones from the shawn kemp, gary payton, detlef schrempf era those were awesome for thier time

Their current unis are based off those, so there wouldn't be much difference.  Interesting that I live in Seattle and never heard anything about this until now.  I probably wasn't looking that hard, though, seeing as how I am such a huge NBA fan.... ???

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Oh the humanity!  That is brutal.  Talk about X-over frenzy!  LOL  It's like the typeface from a Sonics baseball X-over pasted on a generic jersey template.  Oh please let the bad bad bad NBA retro stop!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

This is just like Atlanta's lime juice uniforms - they are going with the ugliest retro they can, b/c if they went with the Sikma-era unis, everyone would realize how badly they fu*ked up a classic jersey (just look at a Payton throwback and tell me that's not better than today's). The current uniforms look like bibs, and that font is uglay.

I'm from Seattle (live in LA now), and I can tell you, *everyone* there wants them to bring back the old unis.

i try to catch teh sonics occasionally, and all i know is i liked the green and red 'space needle logo' set, it actually made the Sonics name make sense and was a rare example of how to make green and red look good together. the 80s ones i didn't like that much and the current ones, i hate cus there was no need to change.

this gold jersey, i like (board feigns surprise :;): )...probably cus i'd like the league to let teams not named the Lakers wear gold or silver homes if they want to.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived