New logo to accompany minor-league baseball shift?

Brian in Boston

There could soon be a new logo making its debut on the minor-league baseball front. My sources say that the Eastern League's New Haven Ravens have been purchased by the owners of the New York-Penn League's Lowell Spinners... with an eye towards moving the franchise to a new ballpark in Manchester, NH. I can't imagine that if such a move were made the new owners would maintain the Ravens identity/logo in Manchester. Sta tuned.

Brian in Boston

This one's obvious guys...I see a sponsorship and stadium naming rights deal with a certain snack food company.  I see orange and black uniforms with a kick-ass logo..

Ladies and gentlemen, now taking the field...

YOUR MANCHESTER CHEETAHS

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

Are the New Haven Ravens of the Eastern League on the move? You be the judge. At a press conference in New Haven yesterday, the team's prospective owner - Drew Weber - acknowledged the possibility of a move for 2004 or after. He also made the following ominous statement: "My attorney on this whole purchase also happens to be the commissioner of the New York-Penn League. There's absolutely no reason if this team happens to move, that another team couldn't be brought in."

In other words, the Eastern League franchise is off to Manchester, New Hampshire for 2004 (meaning a new name and logo for all of us logophiles). If Weber determines that New Haven is a better fit for short-season A ball over the course of the 2003 campaign, he just might go to bat for the city in an attempt to bring a relocated NY-Penn League team to Southern Connecticut.

Brian in Boston

Archived