The ultimate az cardinals uniform concept!

TruColor

Ok...remember a while back when I mentioned that there was a designer out there who had this great idea for a new Arizona Cardinals makeover?  Well, he's finished it.  The designer's name is Greg Malek and I've put the concepts up on the "AZ Cardinals Ideas" page on the SSUR.org website.

Yeah, I love this concept, but I want to know what YOU all think of it.  Good or bad, let me know.  I'm actually trying to get the Cardinals to be aware of this as well.

Greg Malek's AZ Cardinals Concept

Here's a teaser:

GregMalek_PrimaryLogo.jpg

yeah, I know I said I wouldnt post anymore, but after seeing this, just couldnt resist. Besides, Im gonna take into account what most of you said to me and not let one immature brat ruin things.

okay, now that concept KICKS SOME BIG TIME ASS!

keeps the traditional color scheme, wordmark is simple yet eyecatching, keeps the WHITE helmet and from a distance, the recognizable feel of the traditional uniform (red jersey, white pants / white jersey, red pants), ties in arizona character without forgetting the team's roots.

love the helmet! that is a concept the cardinals should definitly take into some serious consideration.

however, I feel that maybe a traditional block font for the numbers would work better, and the patterned striping works on the sleeves but not on the pants. the full bird logo could also maybe use some feet (which might make it look too cluttered)

I am also not hot on the alternate navy blue jersey and copper pants. other then that, I hope to see these babys used in real life very soon.  :cool:

The full set of jerseys is beautiful. The head logo is great. The wings are great. The body is very much misproportioned with the head and wings though, and it could definatley use some feet. This is a very nice concept, but (not to be rude) I do not find this as "the ultimate Cardinals concept" as you say.

Something about the helmet logo just doesn't work for me.  I would prefer that the head remain full profile as it is now.  I love the copper pants but I think the Cards would be reluctant to use them given the fact that they play in the same division with SF.  It's too similar of a look.  Also, if they ever wore the copper pants with the blue alternate jersey they'd look similar to the Rams, at least from the neck down.  

From a practical standpoint I am forced to say that these won't work.  However, from an artistic standpoint,  I give a standing O.  The designs and color choices are out of this world and if this is representative of the quality of all of this guy's work, he needs to be on the payroll of as many pro sports teams as possible.  This is great stuff.

You know i'm a traditionalist.

You know i do not want the Cards to change logos or uniforms.

You know how fiercly i defend my position.

You know, that i love that design and i hope it goes into effect real soon. I would still only want the cardinal head on the helmet, but the full design could be on the field and other merchandise. That is a fantastic logo, and i am glad my eyes have gazed upon it.

{EDIT} i missed the link for the uniforms and such. The helmet looks good, the uniforms leave something to be desired.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I lovethe Arizonia flag Cardinal logo as a killer secondary logo but the helmet just doesn't look right. He should just modified the current helmet look just slightly to match the cool secondary logo. It is just too "furry" making it "busy" looky. Anyways, the best Cardinals concept even though it is flawed.

I thought I had a good concept, until I saw this one.  I can think of only one word to describe it -- AWESOME!

To take the concept one step further, I put it on my football uniform template, resizing the numbers to a more proper scale compared with the jersey size.  I also slightly redid the helmet logo, making it more elongated widthwise.

As par for the course for geocities, copy and paste the URL.

http://www.geocities.com/azandrewg/CardsConcept.gif

Andrew

Okay, maybe I'm alone in this, but I honestly don't think it's all that great. I think it's a nice attempt, but it's way, way too busy. I think with a lot of refinement, it might work, but in its current state, I don't see the NFL adopting it.

The uniforms, however, are very nicely done.  :D

Like everyone else, I think those are incredible.  Wow.  The only thing I find off about it (beside the reversal sleeve thing and other small adjustments) is that the wing of the cardinal is too busy.  Yeah, it's like the flag, but it's off balance.  Second is that the bottom of the bird is kind of wierd.  Needs feet or something to end it.  Helmet, jerseys, pants, etc. are fantastic.  Wow.  I'm stunned.

No offense to anyone, but IMHO I am not as high on this logo as everyone else seems to be. Don't get me wrong... it's better than what the Cards have now, and it's better than anything I could ever come up with, but I don't think that's as good as it gets.

The colours are nice, visually pleasing, nice proportions. The logo is clean and very professional. The idea is original and not the same-old same-old side profile of an angry animal (see Broncos, Ravens helmet, Eagles, Atl Hawks secondary, and the list goes on). It incorporates the area with the nickname. It's got all the elements of a great logo.

What don't I like about this logo? I'm not a fan of tall logos. Also, like Sabres7200 said, the wing is too busy... it alternates a few too many times. I don't know whether the amount of times it alternates has any significance, but it makes the wing too busy. The star also seems somewhat out of place, like some ninja attacked the bird.

My suggestion is that the flag-wing should be the background wing, and alternate 3 or 4 times only. The star could join the flag-wing in the background. Or else make the wing look normal, and colour it with the flag colours.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I have said before first off that the head and wings are misproportioned with the body. Once that is fixed add feet. I know I just made it more busy, but I don't think it is terribly busy now. I like the incorporation of the star, but I don't think it looks right there. I maybe would do a rougher one colol star that is perfectly straight and doesn't need equal sides.

The logo is well done.  I do think that it tries too hard to incorporate the state flag.  I guess I never put that much importance in having it included.  I also think it looks too much like a hummingbird.  Still, nice effort.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived