AFC Title Game Thread *merged*

Brass

Nah, there's still hope. Maybe the NFC Champion Chicago Bears, led by their amazing QB of the future, Rex Grossman, can stop the all-of-a-sudden-the-favorite Patriots.

Maybe not.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing more like the regular season version right now.

The beat the Patriots in the regular season.

True, but the offense has been horrible in the playoffs, and I haven't seen much change there.

And the defense sorta got lit up in that game too.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

From the looks of things, it looks like Indy's revived defense may of hit a brick wall... an infamous brick wall, mind you.

But, there are still two quarters to go for Peyton and company to comeback... Oh, who am I kidding? I think the guy is jinxed, what about you guys: Ya think Peyton Manning is jinxed?

Oh G**:censored: it.

Looks like the Super Bowl's gonna be one of my "comet" games.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Manning now replaces Vick as the most overrated QB in the NFL

0_o

Overrated? At least Manning isn't stupid enough to try and smuggle weed through an airport via a 'secret compartment' in a Pepsi bottle.

Manning is just jinxed. It runs in the family (Archie never made the playoffs in his career as far as I know and Eli hasn't done well in the playoff either).

0_o

Overrated? At least Manning isn't stupid enough to try and smuggle weed through an airport via a 'secret compartment' in a Pepsi bottle.

JABS AND PUNCHES EVERYWHERE!!! BAH GAWD!!!

:P

He must be right up with your boy Dan Marino then... <_<

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Come on, this is great stuff.

I can't even get to watch it, given it's Monday morning here and I am in the office.

All I got is nfl.com play by play and Tnak going nuts online.

Don't leave guys.

This is great stuff.

Manning will come back.

I bet there's 1 score in it when the game finishes. Maybe 7, maybe 3, but the Colts will figure how to stop the Pats offence.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

So...what do the Bears have to do to beat the Pats?

Ban Grossman from throwing?

Tackle at the knees?

Bribe the refs?

Greet the Patriots' bus with a RPG?

Conjure up the ghosts of the '85 Bears?

Today, we are all otaku.

SEPARATED AT BIRTH !!!!!

a_manning_frt.jpg

AlexRodriguezInterference.jpg

He must be right up with your boy Dan Marino then... <_<

Marino never had a chance no good running game never had a good defense

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Marino never had a chance no good running game never had a good defense

...and he never won a big game either.

ZOMG OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

So...what do the Bears have to do to beat the Pats?

Ban Grossman from throwing?

Tackle at the knees?

Bribe the refs?

Greet the Patriots' bus with a RPG?

Conjure up the ghosts of the '85 Bears?

Easy. Run the ball and somehow avoid the "phantom holding" calls.

Still, all of those good years and Marino has no ring to show for it...

Hell, only reason I still remember his playing days is because his last comeback ruined the Seahawk's last AFC division title season! I'll never forgive you, Marino!!

Anyway... Since the game is pretty much over, you guys want some nachos?

*Gives rmered some nachos with gucamole on top*

There you go...

Archived