New southern miss logo

FSU

Southern_Miss_2.jpg

The university unveiled a new logo and a new color at a news conference yesterday. The new logo, which shows the head of an eagle with a fierce scowl and more of a modern appearance, will be used on all athletic uniforms, publications, and merchandise. The university also plans to unveil a more modernized form of the attack eagle next year. As far as the color scheme, the university has chosen to go with a more common gold, which has the appearance of a more yellowish tint. For the past couple of years, the university used a color named ?Vegas Gold?, but the athletic department found that this was a difficult color to duplicate in apparel. Look for the new logo & color on next year?s uniforms

IMO, a little, actually a lot like Iowa's

that's my buddies work, we used to work together at nike.

His design firm is the one that did it, they also did the Texans logo. In a press release on the Southern Miss site it says they're working on two new identities for the NBA, hmm.

you can see more at raredesign.com

I wonder if they're going to use this as a football helmet decal.  I've always felt that their helmet decals have been downright boring, however if they use this on a black helmet they're going to look quite similar to Iowa.  I would have liked to have seen something a bit more distinctive.

Archived