Boston bruins alternate logo concept

GMS1122

i have been messing around trying to come up with a decent logo to go on Boston's alternate jerseys. Right now what i have is working best for me, i had made a hand drawing on paper for the idea, since i have no scanner, it didnt come out quite the way i would have liked. I would like to hear your thoughts/comments/suggestions on this logo and what i could do to improve it. please keep all criticism constructive :;):

(copy&paste or click&drag, then it will show up in the post)

Boston Bruins Alternate Logo Concept

bblogo.gif

thanks for the comments, STL. i wasnt going for maroon, although i see why you thought it was, i'll try and fix it so it looks more brown. Also, what suggestions do you have for color rather than using that lighter shade of brown for the nose/tongue/eye, i couldnt really think of anything else as working. Looking forward to seeing what you have to say, please, anyone feel free to tell me your thoughts, i really want to hear them. Even if they are negative  :;):

I know that that bear they're using now has to go, and this could replace it.... with a few fixes...

First off, the maroon deal, I'm told, will be fixed. Maybe Pantone could quote you a good brown to use?

Secondly, the bear looks to much like a wolf... bears have rounder heads, and their foreheads down the the bridge of their snouts make a sharper angle with their snouts... anyway, I'm sure if you looked at a couple of bear pictures, you'd see what I mean.

Lastly, you could take a few creative liberties in how the bear is presented. Of course you could leave him the way he is, on the circle, but that's just not as much fun as finding different ways to present him... try a few things, be crazy, whatever, we'll tell you if it looks good or not.

Oh... and one other thing... not directed at you, GMS, but the rest of us on this board... we've got to be more supportive of people's hard work... when people create stuff, let's let them know we appreciate their work by telling them what we think of it, and helping them get better. Too many created logos on this and other boards are going unnoticed but for 1 or 2 replies.

Honestly, a lot of the stuff posted here is dozens of times better (and more interesting to talk about) than talking about what's out there forever... not putting that down, but I'm sure we all know what I'm saying. If we like something, or have an idea, we can't be too lazy to post it. Even if we'd just be repeating what's already been said. It's all helpful.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

thanks for the kind words, SyPhi, i agree with you on the fact that many of these ideas get un-noticed and we really should try and help people get better at what they are doing.

BTW, i should have a scanner in use by the end of the night, when i get a chance i will post the actual drawing that started it all and then touch it up and add color to see what you all think.  :D

Archived