New logo for Chargers, Dolphins & NFL shield "refined"?

StefOn

I agree that the Dolphins helmet logo needs updating. I hate the jumping dolphin motif. How about using M thats on the helmet of the dolphin jumping? I know its plain but its not a drastic change. I dont know, but they should keep the traditional colors.

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

personally i think those would be one of the last few teams to do a logo overhaul/change/edit/whatever. both are pretty solid looks. maybe the 'fins are gonna go to a mostly navy look.

31-40491-m.jpg>1_107.jpg

but thats only my opinion. and that doesnt amount to much.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I agree that the Dolphins helmet logo needs updating. I hate the jumping dolphin motif. How about using M thats on the helmet of the dolphin jumping? I know its plain but its not a drastic change. I dont know, but they should keep the traditional colors.

I've said that a million times and never got a response from it, about the M. Personally I would be okay with it.

dolphins2.png

As much as I like that, I've gotta say, anything but a flaming hoop jumping Dolphin doesnt do it for me.

Just to clarify, it's actually not a flaming hoop with a dolphin jumping through it (in fact, the dolphin really isn't jumping through anything). According to the team's media guide, it's a dolphin jumping in front of the sun.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I've said that a million times and never got a response from it, about the M. Personally I would be okay with it.

i think it would be boring. it would be one step closer to the NFL being like the MLB, ditching logos/mascots and going to Intials as logos

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

personally i think those would be one of the last few teams to do a logo overhaul/change/edit/whatever. both are pretty solid looks. maybe the 'fins are gonna go to a mostly navy look.

but thats only my opinion. and that doesnt amount to much.

I actually don't mind the aqua Dolphins' merchandise, although the navy is easier to wear in everyday use. I really hope the 'phins don't drop the aqua...although maybe they'll take the Marlins' approach and just go to a predominantly black and silver theme with a touch of aqua and coral. :D

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Here's the only change I would accept for the Fins: Same logo, old color scheme. I don't think they need a change to begin with though.

It's kinda wierd because I heard a Dolphins higher-up on the radio locally (as recent as last fall) say Miami had no plans whatsoever to change anything about their logo or unis. Liar. Caught that Saban-itis.

given i am a huge fins fan...i think a change would be nice. the last change in uniforms that we had was in 1996 or 1997 i think and there wasnt much done other then the addition of the navy into our scheme. i think the logo on the helmet could look pretty cool if it was the dolphin with the football logo...no sun...just a thought

Miami.png

I think the Chargers logo will not change in design, just in color, the center might be yellow and light blue might also be in the logo, now the wordmark on the other hand....who knows....I'd like to see them go back to white helmets as well. just a thought but what do i know.

as for the NFL logo, i could see them using the Enzone font...maybe simplifying the football and reducing the number of stars or something.

If this work is being done by the same guy who did this years Super Bowl logo, I'm definitely not optimistic. It is awful; among the worst executed SB logos of the last 20 years. Look at that football. That's akin to a 7th grade notebook doodle.

I am with you on that. Not impressed with this years at all.

If this work is being done by the same guy who did this years Super Bowl logo, I'm definitely not optimistic. It is awful; among the worst executed SB logos of the last 20 years. Look at that football. That's akin to a 7th grade notebook doodle.

It's a really stupid idea. I mean, the NFL logo is instantly recognizable. And until it was mentioned, I never really cared that the font looked dated. Gave it a look of distinction, IMO.

Now, expect some cookiecutter P.O.S. logo, akin to what we usually get with recent Superbowl logos. Color me excited.

Archived