New logo for Chargers, Dolphins & NFL shield "refined"?

StefOn

I don't know that the NFL logo should eb changed. I think perhaps it should be expanded to include al teams and not have such an open area of white around the NFL lettering. Seems like wasted space.

I do think the Dolphins logo is all over the place. The navy, the ill placed colors, I just think it needs to be streamlined. Drop the navy, bring back the teal pants, update the uni style a bit and perhaps change the logo. I don't know that the Dolphin stadium logo is the one but, I do like the Dolphin with football look.

Saints2.pnglsu21bcs1.png

saintsflagbd4.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that the Dolphins helmet logo needs updating. I hate the jumping dolphin motif. How about using M thats on the helmet of the dolphin jumping? I know its plain but its not a drastic change. I dont know, but they should keep the traditional colors.

I would say just the opposite..... I have always liked the leaping dolphin but would lose the helmet with the "M" on it and just have the leaping dolphin sans helmet.

I agree that the Dolphins helmet logo needs updating. I hate the jumping dolphin motif. How about using M thats on the helmet of the dolphin jumping? I know its plain but its not a drastic change. I dont know, but they should keep the traditional colors.

I've said that a million times and never got a response from it, about the M. Personally I would be okay with it.

NFL logos have class and style and great design. I've never been a fan of the Bears' wishbone C...yes, I know, I know, it's tradition but let's face it...if the Bears were a new expansion team for the 2007 season...and you saw these two logos....

chicago_bears.jpg

86881387_bc586edea1_m.jpg

Which do you think they'd end up using on their helmet in today's world? Say what you want about tradition... the Bears growling bear logo has adorned Bears merchandise for over 50 years...that seems like tradition enough for anyone.

An M on a helmet when your team is called the dolphins? I mean, why ignore the sleek and powerful animal that your team is named after and go with ....M?

phins logo :

the update in 96 or so was fine, leave it alone. i actually like the navy in the logo there again i don't have a problem with the 'darkening' of the league. navy and black don't bother me. certainly don't want to be like MLB where they seem to have a historical problem integrating 'black'...in to the color scheme of course. :P

Chargers:

they really should just use the bolt-horse logo. maybe as a secondary or something. its probably one of my personal favorites as a logo.

NFL logo:

if they retained the basic elements and just made a sleeker and more uptodate version, i probably wouldn't have a problem.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Personally, I think using the lighning bolt as something of a joust weapon would do the concept justice, incorporating a bit of the classic with the modern.

As long as they DON'T do this:

447.gif

As far as the NFL shield... they could just add some black trim. :D

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

After reading the article concerning the Chargers logo change, the one thing I can think of as far as the consistency thing is the color of the lightning bolt. Right now the current set has a white bolt while the throwbacks/alts have yellow bolts. So to make the Chargers brand more consistent maybe the bolt on the navy sets will switch the white and yellow, making it a yellow bolt for all 3 uniform sets. Although if it were that simple would they really need to have this NFL creative design dude involved? You would think they could just say, hey switch the yellow and white on the bolt. There must be something more to it, but hopefully the yellow bolt is part of it.

Here's a quick NFL logo concept I just put together:

NFLlogosetNFL.png

Interesting that the the National FOOTBALL League logo would be shaped like home plate.. :D

Somehow, I don't think the NFL will go with a baseball style logo. :P If Goodell's anything, he's very aware of the "image" factor. My guess is a moderization of the current logo, no changes to the overall shape or colors, except to make it sleeker.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Here's a quick NFL logo concept I just put together:

NFLlogosetNFL.png

Invoking your signature - I think your request has been answered. There's no more genius present in you, if this logo is any indication.

Not trying to be harsh, but this is so much worse than the current NFL Shield (which doesn't need to be changed, and the fact of a "timeless" logo like the NHL Shield changing has nothing to do with it).

It's where I sit.

Not trying to be harsh, but this is so much worse than the current NFL Shield (which doesn't need to be changed, and the fact of a "timeless" logo like the NHL Shield changing has nothing to do with it).

Not to defend him or his design (because, well, I can't :D) or to appear combative or anything, but I'm curious to see what some of you guys would come up with for a new NFL logo. Anyone feel like taking a whack at some concepts, just for sake of discussion?

nav-logo.png

Archived