Spring Training Photos - New Hats and Jerseys

DGivens87

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from what it looks like most of the teams have two different colors on their hats/ side panels.. the teams that don't are

Red Sox, Yankees, White Sox, Phillies, Marlins, Astros, Athletics, Twins, Giants

I sort of wish their was more of a consistancy with all the hats.. so all of them had a alternate color on the side panels. (such as teal on the marlins, orange on the giants.. ect)

http://www.stltoday.com/blogs/sports-bird-...ds-new-threads/

CAMP CARDINAL: Champs? New Threads

By Derrick Goold

02/13/2007 3:12 pm

JUPITER, Fla. ? Looking at the cavalcade of Cardinals who hit the field for workouts this morning, it appears fewer players will report Wednesday for official pitchers-and-catchers than have already been on campus working out. Some, like outfielder Chris Duncan, have been here for weeks.

So charting arrivals as news is all relative.

Except for those that came in boxes.

Just when Cardinals Nation has completed stocking its wardrobe for the coming season with 2006 World Series championship hats, 2006 World Series championship jackets, 2006 World Series championship fleeces and t-shirts and leggings and, yes, sneakers and windbreakers and, who knows, maybe even Uggs, out of a shipment recently received comes the new spring line of Cardinals attire.

Wait until you see what the ?Birds are wearing.

The spring training workout jerseys aren?t too different. Still has two birds, they?re still sitting on one bat and ?Cardinals? still swoops historically across the chest. On the sides, a dark blue swatch of fabric stretches from armpit to belt line. Keeping up with style, I guess ? sort of like the NHL practice sweaters, really.

The hats are the big changes. Gone are the batting practice hats with the solo bird on the single bat in a blue field. This year?s hat has the traditional interlocking ?STL? on a red shell, but there, on the sides is this spring?s fashion twist. There is a half-circle accent of dark blue on the side of the BP hats, the area that will be right above the players? ears.

It looks ? odd.

I?m told each team?s cap is undergoing a similar redesign.

Just as long as no one turns forward the clock ? ever ? again.

Enough about hats. On to some notes about the players who will wear them from today ? the penultimate day of the offseason ? at Roger Dean Stadium.

I didn't realize the Cardinals were going back to red hats. And I think it's unfortunate that they chose to color their semi circle on the caps instead of leave it red, but oh well.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogs/sports-bird-...ds-new-threads/

CAMP CARDINAL: Champs? New Threads

By Derrick Goold

02/13/2007 3:12 pm

JUPITER, Fla. ? Looking at the cavalcade of Cardinals who hit the field for workouts this morning, it appears fewer players will report Wednesday for official pitchers-and-catchers than have already been on campus working out. Some, like outfielder Chris Duncan, have been here for weeks.

So charting arrivals as news is all relative.

Except for those that came in boxes.

Just when Cardinals Nation has completed stocking its wardrobe for the coming season with 2006 World Series championship hats, 2006 World Series championship jackets, 2006 World Series championship fleeces and t-shirts and leggings and, yes, sneakers and windbreakers and, who knows, maybe even Uggs, out of a shipment recently received comes the new spring line of Cardinals attire.

Wait until you see what the ?Birds are wearing.

The spring training workout jerseys aren?t too different. Still has two birds, they?re still sitting on one bat and ?Cardinals? still swoops historically across the chest. On the sides, a dark blue swatch of fabric stretches from armpit to belt line. Keeping up with style, I guess ? sort of like the NHL practice sweaters, really.

The hats are the big changes. Gone are the batting practice hats with the solo bird on the single bat in a blue field. This year?s hat has the traditional interlocking ?STL? on a red shell, but there, on the sides is this spring?s fashion twist. There is a half-circle accent of dark blue on the side of the BP hats, the area that will be right above the players? ears.

It looks ? odd.

I?m told each team?s cap is undergoing a similar redesign.

Just as long as no one turns forward the clock ? ever ? again.

Enough about hats. On to some notes about the players who will wear them from today ? the penultimate day of the offseason ? at Roger Dean Stadium.

I didn't realize the Cardinals were going back to red hats. And I think it's unfortunate that they chose to color their semi circle on the caps instead of leave it red, but oh well.

Yeah kinda wish the red sox route and had solid side panels and separate road and home hats, i liked the bird on a bat from the last four years a lot more

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

from what it looks like most of the teams have two different colors on their hats/ side panels.. the teams that don't are

Red Sox, Yankees, White Sox, Phillies, Marlins, Astros, Athletics, Twins, Giants

I sort of wish their was more of a consistancy with all the hats.. so all of them had a alternate color on the side panels. (such as teal on the marlins, orange on the giants.. ect)

The Tribe hat is like that too.5273_ClevelandIndians_LG.png

Both Boston BP hats are the same way too

The Angels cap doesnt look to have the Flaps either, nor the pipping that goes with it.

5273_LosAngelesAngelsNOgst_LG.png

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I wish there was even less consistancy. Actually, I wish there was more "individuality" and the teams had more unique identities. I don't want every team's BP jerseys, hats, etc. to look the same. Heck, I remember when the teams' websites were all different - but that's another subject.

I wish there was even less consistancy. Actually, I wish there was more "individuality" and the teams had more unique identities. I don't want every team's BP jerseys, hats, etc. to look the same. Heck, I remember when the teams' websites were all different - but that's another subject.

yeah i dont like how all the MLB & NHL sites are all the same and their team shops are ran together and not individually run by each team.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

The Tribe hat is like that too.5273_ClevelandIndians_LG.png

Both Boston BP hats are the same way too

The Angels cap doesnt look to have the Flaps either, nor the pipping that goes with it.

5273_LosAngelesAngelsNOgst_LG.png

That's not the new Angels cap, it's last year's version. This one is the new one:

P0108967.jpg

And I am really digging the new t-shirts.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I think they're gonna be the BP's also, but I'm not 100% sure.

That new cap style is the in-season BP cap. I've seen them in-store, complete with the big New Era display touting them and the new game caps (which they had one of too for the display case).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived