new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Toronto FC wearing blue kits against KC the other day...I believe it's just their training kit, could be wrong though.

original.jpg

I think they will wear as their alternate this season. I watched a news conference, and I caught a glimpse of players wearing them, which, I assume, meant those are new kits.

I saw, I came, I left.

Toronto FC wearing blue kits against KC the other day...I believe it's just their training kit, could be wrong though.

original.jpg

I think they will wear as their alternate this season. I watched a news conference, and I caught a glimpse of players wearing them, which, I assume, meant those are new kits.

That's a shame. If those are actually going to be used on a regular basis, 7 out of 13 MLS franchises now have at least one kit that features a significant amount of some shade of Blue in the jersey color scheme. Hell, it's 8 of 13 if Chicago still officially counts the Powder Blue alternate jersey amongst those uniforms at their disposal.

Hey! Adidas and MLS: How about a little f***ing variety!

original.jpg

That's a shame. If those are actually going to be used on a regular basis, 7 out of 13 MLS franchises now have at least one kit that features a significant amount of some shade of Blue in the jersey color scheme. Hell, it's 8 of 13 if Chicago still officially counts the Powder Blue alternate jersey amongst those uniforms at their disposal.

First off, I'd bet those are torontos trainers, but i could be wrong. if they are for game use, id rather see white shorts and maybe some hoops on the socks, possibly tweaking the colors in the badge. as for variety of colors, i dont see they need for most teams to be unique the way we see it in the big threehere in the states. i'd like to see some traditional combos come into the mls like royal blue monochromes or blue and white. the thing i dont like about adidas lately is the need to put the clubs entire palette into each kit. As for variety, try a change kit thats a completely foreign color to the rest of the identity, like this possible toronto change.

What was wrong with the grey change kit? And I do believe that those are the real things, not a change kit.... Look at the collar and the material... looks like the Adidas kits to me...

It could be a third......I believe theyre holding a Canadian Cup this year. It could be a tournament special.

original.jpg

Hmmmm, shall we send the memo to the EPL as well?

10 out of 20 teams have at least one kit that features a signifant amount of some shade of Blue in the color scheme! Horrors!!!!

Hey every kit manfacturer and the EPL! How about a little f***ing variety!!!! <_<

As far as we have been told, the TFC fanbase, there will not be any new kits this year. TFC will be wearing the same kits as last, BUT I think this was the decision before the announcement of the new CONCACAF Champions League and the 3 team Canada Cup TFC will take part in for a spot in the CCL.

I do believe these are trainers and will not see regular or cup play but they would make a nice 3rd for the club in Cup competition, but seeing as the other two teams they will be playing for a spot in the CCL are BLUE these kits would not go over well.

The TFC fans have voiced that a 3rd all WHITE or all BLACK kit would be the way to go with the all WHITE kit replacing the GREY aways.

The GREY aways just are not liked at all. Plus, the fact that they mix and match the jerseys with the shorts. It wasn't til late in the season when they put an all RED kit on the pitch for home games that people really liked the kits.

The Victory have ditched the V for the Asian Champions League. Dropped the silver and added gold.

00016516-image.jpg

Can't find a better pic. But all the stuff on the shirt looks cluttered and cramped in.

Odd choice, but I suppose there's no way they could have reasonably fitted those front numbers around the V.

The Victory have ditched the V for the Asian Champions League. Dropped the silver and added gold.

00016516-image.jpg

Can't find a better pic. But all the stuff on the shirt looks cluttered and cramped in.

Disappointing choice.

If, in fact, the AFC mandates the presence of numbers on the front of the jersey, Melbourne should have simply placed said numbers where the A-League logo appears on the club's traditional jerseys, or in the angle at the bottom of the "V" that adorns said jerseys.

Bottom line? The "V" which adorns Melbourne Victory FC's crest and jerseys is iconic; it should have been preserved at all costs on the jersey of the AFC Champions League kits.

Archived