MLB uni changes for '07

southernyankee

Okay - Baseball season is quickly approaching. We all know about the new uni's for the Reds and D-backs and the rumors surrounding a possible D-Rays color/logo change. Does anyone know if any other team will be making significant changes other than commemorative patches?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been discussed before. The Marlins, Brewers are among the teams with commemorative patches. As for Uni changes, the Pirates added the awful red vest and made a return of the red bill alt cap. The Padres added a green cap to go along with the military appreciation uni's. I do not remember the others.

Names are back on Cubs home jerseys and home blue alts, which now become just "alts" again.

Thank God for that. The Cubs have such a great home uniform and I hated that they wore the blue jersey so much. Especially since I cannot stand that alternate bear logo. If the Cubs are going to have a blue alt - it should be used only as an alt and they should use the same C-ubs logo that's on the home.

The Pirates have unveiled a red alternate vest.

Now that my corneas are sufficiently fried.... B)

yeah... that does NOT do wonders for the red/green colorblindness. Ouch. I feel like I just gazed in to a nuclear reaction.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Names are back on Cubs home jerseys and home blue alts, which now become just "alts" again.

Thank God for that. The Cubs have such a great home uniform and I hated that they wore the blue jersey so much. Especially since I cannot stand that alternate bear logo. If the Cubs are going to have a blue alt - it should be used only as an alt and they should use the same C-ubs logo that's on the home.

I don't disagree... however, what I meant by "just alts" is that the past two years the Cubs had a home and road alt that were exactly the same except for names on the back. With names on the back of the home blues, the two become identical. But I don't think that means they'll be worn any less at home.

Not sure if Lou Piniella has a different policy, but in the past the Cubs starters picked the jersey color, so Zambrano was always blue and so were many others. Usually Prior, Wood and Maddux were the ones to wear the pinstripes at home -- which I very much prefer -- but they're all gone from the starting rotation in one form or another (or should be soon). Not sure what the new guys will do, but I hope at home it's pinstripes.

Names are also back on the Dodgers' home and road uniforms. They have eliminated the outlines on the jerseys - no white on the home wordmark or back numbers and name - no white or silver on the roads. They also put the "LA" sleeve patch on the roads, replacing the "Dodgers" script.

Names are also back on the Dodgers' home and road uniforms. They have eliminated the outlines on the jerseys - no white on the home wordmark or back numbers and name - no white or silver on the roads. They also put the "LA" sleeve patch on the roads, replacing the "Dodgers" script.

Just saw the homes on MLBshop.com. How long have they had the LA on the home sleeve? Am I living in a cave?

So they did.

pMLB2-2327720dt.jpg

Strange how such a small change can result in a huge upgrade.

Steinbrenner, are you paying attention?

Putting the NOB back on the Dodgers jerseys=good.

Removing the 2nd and 3rd color from the Dodgers jerseys=bad.

They took a sweet looking road jersey and made it blah.

This is the antithesis of an upgrade.

At least I won't have to buy one when the game-useds become available.

Also, aren't the Yankee$ road uniforms BORING enough as it is?

So they did.

pMLB2-2327720dt.jpg

Strange how such a small change can result in a huge upgrade.

Steinbrenner, are you paying attention?

Putting the NOB back on the Dodgers jerseys=good.

Removing the 2nd and 3rd color from the Dodgers jerseys=bad.

They took a sweet looking road jersey and made it blah.

This is the antithesis of an upgrade.

At least I won't have to buy one when the game-useds become available.

Also, aren't the Yankee$ road uniforms BORING enough as it is?

I like the new road jersey 'cause the red number on the previous jersey was outta place without any white outline while the LA wordmark did. I wish they would remove the LA logo from the sleeves of both home & away jerseys.

Union.png

Archived