College Hockey Jerseys

Brass

I'm sitting here watching BC/SLU game right now, and just got done watching the UNH/UMO game and just wanted to say how classy college hockey jerseys are. They put the NHL sweaters to shame. If the NHL used college-looking jerseys in the league, I would probably watch more.

Thoughts on college hockey jerseys?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I REALLY wish more college hockey uniforms would go with logos instead of wordmarks on the fronts of their jerseys. I know it's partly traditional in some places, but it still looks uncreative and second-rate, or even chincy.

Boston College has a great logo. Why not use that instead of just Boston College?

Notre Dame has a bunch to pick from -- the interlocking ND, the lepruchon, the shamrock. But it just says Notre Dame on the jerseys. Give the Irish credit, though, for wearing the Golden Dome helmets. Kind of like Michigan wearing the winged-striped helmets.

The worst, though, is right here in North Dakota. The Sioux have a fantastic logo, but they put "Sioux" above it. It's redundant and it takes away from the logo.

Other teams that would look better with logos instead of wordmarks include Maine, Air Force, Miami of Ohio, Michigan State, Boston U. (wordmark is bad, but having numbers under the wordmark makes it look like they ordered uniforms from K-mart), UMass (see Boston U) and New Hampshire.

The best-looking hockey jerseys belong to the Minnesota Gophers. They have that well-known big Minnesota M -- everybody knows they're the Gophers -- and they use their colors very well. Great-looking unis, even though I hate the Gophers in hockey.

I should have added this, but I forgot:

One uniform where I'd rather see wordmark than that particular logo is St. Cloud State. The Montreal Canadiens logo is a great logo ... for the Montreal Canadiens. But it looks like an awful and cheap imitation on other teams, especially St. Cloud State. The Huskies have a Husky logo that would look much better.

I should have added this, but I forgot:

One uniform where I'd rather see wordmark than that particular logo is St. Cloud State. The Montreal Canadiens logo is a great logo ... for the Montreal Canadiens. But it looks like an awful and cheap imitation on other teams, especially St. Cloud State. The Huskies have a Husky logo that would look much better.

Um, SCSU doesn't have those jerseys anymore...

road:

3849.jpg

and the home is a white version of the above...

Moose

I REALLY wish more college hockey uniforms would go with logos instead of wordmarks on the fronts of their jerseys. I know it's partly traditional in some places, but it still looks uncreative and second-rate, or even chincy.

Boston College has a great logo. Why not use that instead of just Boston College?

Notre Dame has a bunch to pick from -- the interlocking ND, the lepruchon, the shamrock. But it just says Notre Dame on the jerseys. Give the Irish credit, though, for wearing the Golden Dome helmets. Kind of like Michigan wearing the winged-striped helmets.

The worst, though, is right here in North Dakota. The Sioux have a fantastic logo, but they put "Sioux" above it. It's redundant and it takes away from the logo.

Other teams that would look better with logos instead of wordmarks include Maine, Air Force, Miami of Ohio, Michigan State, Boston U. (wordmark is bad, but having numbers under the wordmark makes it look like they ordered uniforms from K-mart), UMass (see Boston U) and New Hampshire.

The best-looking hockey jerseys belong to the Minnesota Gophers. They have that well-known big Minnesota M -- everybody knows they're the Gophers -- and they use their colors very well. Great-looking unis, even though I hate the Gophers in hockey.

I'd have to disagree. In college and high school hockey for that matter, workmarks can look just as good if not better than logos. (I prefer logos in the professional ranks though.)

The "Maine" across their uniforms is legendary. Same goes for BC and BU and many others. You can't change those. Personally I think a logo on any of those would look horrible. Putting the terrier on the BU jerseys for example? It would look like the Red Wings changed their name to the "Dawgz" or something. And although teams like BC and Notre Dame may have nice logos - they don't compare to the traditional feel of the workmarks across the front.

North Dakota wore those unfortunate black swift jerseys (which apparently only help the performance of offensive players) against Michigan. Michigan's wearing the diagonal "Michigan" now, which doesn't really fit with them. The script Michigan, arched Michigan and big "M" all look a lot better.

Maine has a 3rd jersey with their bear logo and it looks terrible. That's what you get when you try to mess with the best uniforms in college hockey.

3702.jpg

There's talk that BC might be getting a 3rd jersey with an eagle logo, similar to the one from the mid-90's. I just want them to ditch the italics and the black on the home jerseys.

968072620_Image1_correiahf.jpg

Best College jersey ever:

FSU_hockey.png

YOu can't beat the Garnet and Gold in the Pens template with Chief Osceola on the chest. And and did I mention they ended their season with winning a brawl after beating UF 6-0 in Orlando.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

FSU_hockey.png

YOu can't beat the Garnet and Gold in the Pens template with Chief Osceola on the chest. And and did I mention they ended their season with winning a brawl after beating UF 6-0 in Orlando.

pssh... gongshow of a team... straight up bad :P

spacer.png

Notre Dame used to have the interlocking ND with a hockey stick running horizontally through the middle. it was one of the best logos, IMO. They sadly shelved it. I wish NoDak would pick it up on their ND ripoff shoulder logo. It needs to be seen.

Notre Dame used to have the interlocking ND with a hockey stick running horizontally through the middle. it was one of the best logos, IMO. They sadly shelved it. I wish NoDak would pick it up on their ND ripoff shoulder logo. It needs to be seen.

Notre Dame has only used that logo since 1964, while North Dakota has had it since the '20's...

Moose

FSU_hockey.png

pssh... gongshow of a team... straight up bad :P

They had a fairly good season for a team without a real home rink, they went 7-9.

FSU_hockey.png

Boo. USF IceBulls is where it's at. :P (18-6 baby)

My favorite uniforms would have to be Illinois' though:

2006_10_13_02.jpg

2007_01_20_03.jpg

They should get rid of the numbers on the front of the whites. But they look good otherwise.

Penn State also has some classics.

FSU_hockey.png

Boo. USF IceBulls is where it's at. :P (18-6 baby)

In the standings maybe, but c'mon! Here's a side by side jersey comparison:

FSU_USF.png

I know that's not their normal jerseys.

UCF looks good too.

Archived