College Hockey Jerseys

Brass

Best College jersey ever:

FSU_hockey.png

YOu can't beat the Garnet and Gold in the Pens template with Chief Osceola on the chest. And and did I mention they ended their season with winning a brawl after beating UF 6-0 in Orlando.

Hey man, do you know where I can get one of those? I'm an FSU alum and have been searching for a hockey jersey for a while. There's one on ebay, but I think it's an older version, or it may just be some sort of fashion jersey. I also had tried contacting the team merchandise guy on their website, but I never got a response. I need one of these jerseys. Thanks

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to have one also. I know they used to say you could buy them after the season ended, but that was in the past and it no longer says that on the website.

And that one on eBay is a fashion jersey. I have one in my closet right now. I would suggest contacting their merch guy again.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I would love to have one also. I know they used to say you could buy them after the season ended, but that was in the past and it no longer says that on the website.

And that one on eBay is a fashion jersey. I have one in my closet right now. I would suggest contacting their merch guy again.

Thanks man, yeah, I actually just sent out another e-mail to the merch guy. They have pretty nice shirts in their merch section, so I asked about getting a shirt, puck, and then I also just asked if the jerseys would be for sale at all. I think I may have to get that fashion jersey anyways though. I just don't really like how they have Chief Osceola on the front, and on both shoulders. It's overkill. I like how the jersey you have pictured has the FS on the shoulders. We'll see if I get a response, and I'll post on here if I have any luck with getting one of those jerseys, so you can get one too.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

I REALLY wish more college hockey uniforms would go with logos instead of wordmarks on the fronts of their jerseys. I know it's partly traditional in some places, but it still looks uncreative and second-rate, or even chincy.

Boston College has a great logo. Why not use that instead of just Boston College?

Notre Dame has a bunch to pick from -- the interlocking ND, the lepruchon, the shamrock. But it just says Notre Dame on the jerseys. Give the Irish credit, though, for wearing the Golden Dome helmets. Kind of like Michigan wearing the winged-striped helmets.

The worst, though, is right here in North Dakota. The Sioux have a fantastic logo, but they put "Sioux" above it. It's redundant and it takes away from the logo.

Other teams that would look better with logos instead of wordmarks include Maine, Air Force, Miami of Ohio, Michigan State, Boston U. (wordmark is bad, but having numbers under the wordmark makes it look like they ordered uniforms from K-mart), UMass (see Boston U) and New Hampshire.

The best-looking hockey jerseys belong to the Minnesota Gophers. They have that well-known big Minnesota M -- everybody knows they're the Gophers -- and they use their colors very well. Great-looking unis, even though I hate the Gophers in hockey.

I'd have to disagree. In college and high school hockey for that matter, workmarks can look just as good if not better than logos. (I prefer logos in the professional ranks though.)

The "Maine" across their uniforms is legendary. Same goes for BC and BU and many others. You can't change those. Personally I think a logo on any of those would look horrible. Putting the terrier on the BU jerseys for example? It would look like the Red Wings changed their name to the "Dawgz" or something. And although teams like BC and Notre Dame may have nice logos - they don't compare to the traditional feel of the workmarks across the front.

Complete agreement. I like the wordmarks 100x better than logos for the sweater fronts. Seems classier that way.

I've always liked the sweaters of Colorado College.

MTvsCC11Connellyblock.jpg

I love that one so much that I bought one - and I'm living in the heart of Gopher country so I may never actally get the chance to wear it!

Just in case, I put a Hobey Baker winner from Minnesota on it, Sertich, so perhaps I would be able to talk my way out of trouble...

Notre Dame used to have the interlocking ND with a hockey stick running horizontally through the middle. it was one of the best logos, IMO. They sadly shelved it. I wish NoDak would pick it up on their ND ripoff shoulder logo. It needs to be seen.

Notre Dame has only used that logo since 1964, while North Dakota has had it since the '20's...

Moose

Uh - OWNED!

Nice one Moose!

I really like seeing the different college jerseys. I've even seen a few of the women's jerseys that I like better than the men's sometimes. The men's teams seem somewhat locked into tradition, where the people who do the women's get a chance to do a fresh take on it and sometimes come up with some fresh ideas that are nicely updated. Wisconsin's big "W" for example. Minnesota's womens road jerseys are sharp and I saw Princeton's women's once. As basic and simple as you could get. As best as I can recall, picture the Maple Leafs template. Two basic stripes on the arms and waist in orange on black with a very simple "P" on the front. They looked like 1920's throwbacks. Classic, simple and awesome as hell.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I will make this allowance for wordmarks -- script always seems to look better than block letters. Someone said Maine has the best-looking hockey jerseys around. I will agree that Maine has SOME of the best-looking jerseys around, in part because of the script Maine, in part because it has some great school colors to work with.

Some of these so-called traditional looks just look like the athletic departments refuse to spend any money on hockey (which might be the case). Like I said, the Boston U. jerseys look like they were bought at Kmart. There are good traditions and there are bad traditions, and purposely looking cheap and ugly is a bad tradition.

Now, my team is the University of North Dakota, and I absolutely hate the Sioux's wordmark over the logo, as mentioned before (although I do enjoy seeing "Sioux" as much as possible, just as a dig at the NCAA). I also despise the all black look, especially when UND's colors are green and white. Black trim is fine, but the all black look has to go.

My favorite uniforms would have to be Illinois' though:

2006_10_13_02.jpg

2007_01_20_03.jpg

They should get rid of the numbers on the front of the whites. But they look good otherwise.

Nope. Not goin' for it. Not only do you have the oddly-placed front number, but there's no sleeve numbers and no hem striping. Let me take you back to a time when Illini hockey really looked good:

fow_2005_11_11.jpg

Oh yeah. Rockin' the Edmonton Oilers look. The home version of this had a diagonal "ILLINI" across the chest, royal blue outlined in orange. On the white jersey, the Chief head was the shoulder patch. On the blues, the university seal was on the shoulders. But the truly amazing beauty (which I couldn't find a pic of) was the orange alternate. This is all going on memory, so I may be wrong on some details. Five stripes, alternating white and blue, on the sleeves, hem, and possibly, the shoulders (think Komets' current look.) On the chest, arched block "ILLINOIS" in white, outlined in blue. And underneath, a very 1950s-60s-looking Chief head, done as a profile, and looking every bit as good as the Blackhawk crest. Plus, a lace-up neck - and was anyone else sporting the laces in '96, even the Rangers? I still regret not buying that one.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's Division III, but I still think Middle Tennessee is dressed pretty classy.

The blues

and...

And the White set (against UTK to boot!)

And while their blues are a little tacky, I'm kinda fond of FGCU's white jerseys. Good use of the blue and green on the whites, which is rare.

I think Vandy's were pretty decent, Bruins style with a vertically striped shield if memory serves, but I can't find any pictures.

(Oh, and btw, being a Blue Raider hockey fan...I can't stand Wright State. For our first few years, they were really the only team that could always hang with us, so as far as I know they're our biggest hockey rivals.)

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

I agree with many that I prefer logos on pro jerseys, but I like word marks on college jerseys. That is not to say that I necessarily prefer one always over the other, but in the case of my Miami RedHawks, I prefer the word mark version.

derek-action-600c.jpg

derek-gallery-600c.jpg

Notre Dame used to have the interlocking ND with a hockey stick running horizontally through the middle. it was one of the best logos, IMO. They sadly shelved it. I wish NoDak would pick it up on their ND ripoff shoulder logo. It needs to be seen.

Notre Dame has only used that logo since 1964, while North Dakota has had it since the '20's...

Moose

Uh - OWNED!

Nice one Moose!

Yeah? Because if you show the interlocking ND to 100 random people, 100 will reply "Notre Dame". Even you would say so if it's not in this context. The interlocking ND is locked in as Notre Dame's regardless of who debuted it.

But as of right now the Sue's logo should be an interlocking BS.

325846.jpeg

I love Ohio State's unis... especially the silver helmet with the stripe. Awesome.

You guys won't believe me if I say this, but that striped helmet was my idea. My Dad is good friends with the Head coach at Ohio State, John Markell. My father knows Markell from his days of working at the local CBS affiliate. I suggested once while we were at an Ohio State game that OSU should use hockey helmets that look like the football teams helmets like Michigan does. My dad told the coach the next time he saw him and a few weeks later they were on the ice.

Sadly, the players hated them because they wanted to be their "own thing" and they were only used once. sigh.

They would've looked so much better with the red jerseys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Moose

Uh - OWNED!

Nice one Moose!

Yeah? Because if you show the interlocking ND to 100 random people, 100 will reply "Notre Dame". Even you would say so if it's not in this context. The interlocking ND is locked in as Notre Dame's regardless of who debuted it.

But as of right now the Sue's logo should be an interlocking BS.

Is someone a little bitter this morning? :P

just messin with ya....

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

There isn't a D-II in NCAAS Hockey anymore. A lot of these a club level.

FSU: ACHA D-III

Tenn: ACHA D-III

UF: ACHA D-III

Kennesaw just won the D-III Championship and announced they're moving to D-II

EKU: ACHA D-III

UGA: ACHA D-III

GT: ACHA D-III

Alabama: ACHA D-III

MTSU: ACHA D-III

FGCU: ACAH D-II

UK: ACHA D-II

SJSU: ACHA D-II