NHL Going to Uniformed Websites

STL FANATIC

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MSG and the Rangers sue the NHL.

NEW YORK (AP) — Madison Square Garden sued the NHL on Friday, saying the league has monopolized promotion of its teams.

According to the lawsuit, the NHL has claimed it will fine MSG, which owns the New York Rangers, $100,000 per day if it does not give the NHL complete control over the team's Web site and other promotions.

MSG said it had no choice but to bring the lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Manhattan because the fines were scheduled to begin Friday.

The organization asked that a judge order the league to stop acting as "an illegal cartel," limiting what the team does to promote itself on the Web and with merchandising efforts.

Scott Arthur Eggers, a lawyer for the NHL, had no comment.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/2007...314373987_x.htm

NEW YORK (AP) ? Madison Square Garden sued the NHL on Friday, saying the league has monopolized promotion of its teams.

According to the lawsuit, the NHL has claimed it will fine MSG, which owns the New York Rangers, $100,000 per day if it does not give the NHL complete control over the team's Web site and other promotions.

MSG said it had no choice but to bring the lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Manhattan because the fines were scheduled to begin Friday.

The organization asked that a judge order the league to stop acting as "an illegal cartel," limiting what the team does to promote itself on the Web and with merchandising efforts.

I just found a new respect for the NY Rangers.

NEW YORK (AP) ? Madison Square Garden sued the NHL on Friday, saying the league has monopolized promotion of its teams.

I just found a new respect for the NY Rangers.

But I still think their website stinks!!!

Is anybody else having problems with the sites where the top isn't showing up.

Kinda like this...I outlined the area im talking about in pink for those of you who don't know.

helppyo7.png

• 1 month later...

The New York Rangers' new NHL.com format official web site has returned. It is slightly altered from its original look when it was unveiled at the beginning of the season. The official newyorkrangers.com URL remains as the primarily web address, with it redirecting to rangers.nhl.com to be in uniform with the NHL.com site and the other 29 team site URLs.

Honestly, the new site looks better than it originally did when it first went up. I just don't approve of the "newyorkrangers.com" just thrown onto the banner. If there was a little more work done with the banner design, the new team site would really look much better.

The old team site layout is still active at their "backup" URL: nyrangers.com

Archived