NHL Going to Uniformed Websites

STL FANATIC

Awww...the Canucks.com is beautiful as it is. They used to have a crappy template, but they redesigned it about a year ago and it's so nice to use/look at. It's unfortunate that it will be scrapped because of this. :(

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The people who run the NHL have no clue what so ever.

I REALLY don't think that applies here. These sites are in the same basic layout but have plenty of individuality and organize information nicely. It also makes it much easier to find the team sites on one try with the new addresses.

http://flyers.nhl.com/

One thing I REALLY hate is what they've done with the video clips. Damn it, why can't I download them anymore? I hate having to stream them because it's always slow! I liked being able to download them and watch them without getting so many interruptions! And what's with the "Promotions" box?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Integer quam odio, mollis a, vehicula sed, iaculis eu, dui. Proin adipiscing libero sed sem. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos hymenaeos. Cras volutpat turpis tempor ligula. Aliquam sed nisl. Quisque imperdiet. Suspendisse potenti. Morbi laoreet justo id dolor. Mauris ac eros et est faucibus ullamcorper. Fusce non pede. Phasellus mattis, ligula quis convallis blandit, purus nulla congue nulla, eget gravida est erat ut felis. Curabitur sit amet magna. Suspendisse non nibh. Sed malesuada dui non felis malesuada luctus. Morbi tincidunt lectus ut turpis. Aliquam placerat.

The weird thing is that the old Flyers site is still up.

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/default.asp

One thing I REALLY hate is what they've done with the video clips. Damn it, why can't I download them anymore? I hate having to stream them because it's always slow! I liked being able to download them and watch them without getting so many interruptions! And what's with the "Promotions" box?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Integer quam odio, mollis a, vehicula sed, iaculis eu, dui. Proin adipiscing libero sed sem. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos hymenaeos. Cras volutpat turpis tempor ligula. Aliquam sed nisl. Quisque imperdiet. Suspendisse potenti. Morbi laoreet justo id dolor. Mauris ac eros et est faucibus ullamcorper. Fusce non pede. Phasellus mattis, ligula quis convallis blandit, purus nulla congue nulla, eget gravida est erat ut felis. Curabitur sit amet magna. Suspendisse non nibh. Sed malesuada dui non felis malesuada luctus. Morbi tincidunt lectus ut turpis. Aliquam placerat.

That's simply because philadelphiaflyers.com isn't the same as flyers.nhl.com.

That's simply because philadelphiaflyers.com isn't the same as flyers.nhl.com.

What's happened is the Flyers have set up the new site on the new URL assuming (or not caring) that the public would know to look there to see it.

That is why you see the Lorem Ipsum text, it's used as a placeholder until real information can go there in projects still in development.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I'm surprised that this was done over the holiday weekend and the dual sites exist like that.

But I'm confident the Philadelphia Flyers will straighten that mess out with the two sites online.

It's supposed to be where all 30 NHL teams will still promote and have in use the original web address to their official sites.

For the Flyers, it'll still be philadelphiaflyers.com, but will end up redirecting you to the new URL flyers.nhl.com as only one site.

I'm surprised that this was done over the holiday weekend and the dual sites exist like that.

But I'm confident the Philadelphia Flyers will straighten that mess out with the two sites online.

Websites always set up the new site somewhere on the net, it's just most of them are either hidden where you'd never think to look or are password protected... the guys running the flyers site did neither.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

http://www.phoenixcoyotes.com has gotten a redesign, but for some reason, does not seem to match the template seen in these other new sites. And http://coyotes.nhl.com doesn't work.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Damn, no more bobbleheads on the Islanders roster page.

:mad: The Islanders had my favorite roster page!

But I did this after I read that.

islandersbobbleheadroster.jpg

There was a post on the Thrashers msg board by the moderator that they'd be switching to a new forum "provided by the league" on June 4. So, I'd expect the Thrashers site to transition to the new L&F at the same time...

Okay, well the Web Guy for the Thrashers posted a follow up on the Thrashers board that they will not be changing until July. He also said that they will be one of the last teams to switch sites.

By the start of next season, all 30 NHL teams will have their official sites redone.

I hate those teams that have solid site designs lose their unique look for an NHL.com template.

But, I'm not a league official that could change that from happening, so I don't have a choice but to live with it.

The Coyotes new site is not as good as their previous one, in my opinion. The site banner is boring in comparison

to what they had before with Shane Doan skating in front of a desert and mountain background.

I hope to God the Rangers and Wild don't have to sacrifice design quality just to conform to the NHL.com look.

Crossing my fingers...

• 2 weeks later...

if this means all news, stats, forums, etc. would be connected then good!

MLB is the right direction.

there are so many bad team sites out there, it reflects poorly on the NHLs image when only a handful have good pro looking websites

Archived